Ministry - "Cover up"

Discussion in 'Music' started by Lomotil, May 13, 2008.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I thought bands usually go in the other direction (play cover songs before writing their own shit) - but for Ministry's final studio release, they've released a compilation of songs they've covered (bringing in other people, as well... Members of Fear Factory, Static-X, etc.)

It's not that bad.

If anyone wants to hear it, post...

2. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Me! Me!

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I liked "Lay Lady Lay".

I know you don't agree, but I think "Filth Pig" was their best album with "The Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Taste" being a close second. "With Sympathy" being their worst.

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

But... but... I gave you that copy! I might as well have hand delivered it!

'snif...

*link to follow... (and no, not for 'With Sympathy')

5. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

6. Scutfarkus

Scutfarkus New Member

strange way to end a career

I always enjoyed Al and Ministry and his 400 side projects, but the final album was just decent, nothing spectacular. I did enjoy the fact that the progression of the styles on the covers kind of aped his progression of music. Starting out with some synthy dance beats then going to industrial sounds then growling metal.

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I liked the previous two (and the one remix album they did), but didn't care too much for the first in his "Bush Trilogy" - all of the songs just seemed the same to me. This most recent one seems like just something fun they put together just for the hell of it. I do like most of the songs on it, too.

I never thought I'd hear Al sing "What a Wonderful World." Scary.

8. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

they do a techno version of Social Distortions "Under My Thumb". the first punk EP I evar bought (Mainliner). I must admit, I REALLY fucking like it

9. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Ministry covers Social Distortion covering the Rolling Stones. Kewl.

10. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

yeah but I dont consider Mick Jagger a real Musician

11. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

But - I hear he can gargle a full load with not only a cock in his mouth, but balls as well... That has to count for something. Well, if he were a woman, that is...

12. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

My faves on that album are their covers of Golden Earring's "Radar Love," (unknown artist's) "Black Betty," and The Door's "Roadhouse Blues" (which was, also, on their last album.)

13. Gibbyhaynesbrowneye

Gibbyhaynesbrowneye New Member

Al should be beaten for releasing this turd.

14. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

It's not in line with his typical releases, but I can appreciate it as a final studio album, something to have fun with and get a bunch of people involved in. In that regard, it was a success.

I would be lying if I said I didn't want another "true" Ministry album, but with Obama apparently set to inherit the nation, I doubt we'll see much feeling behind anything Al does for at least 4 years.

15. Gibbyhaynesbrowneye

Gibbyhaynesbrowneye New Member

Ram Jam is the ones who originally did Black Betty.

16. Icenhour

Icenhour New Member

Stigmata and Rape & Honey are the best Ministry songs

when 'Ministry With Sympathy' came out- I never bought another Ministry (tape at the time)

17. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

But that was their first album, I think.

18. Icenhour

Icenhour New Member

was it ?? I dont know... it was not the first one I had, I just know when I bought it -I was mad

19. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

The first one I had was Filth Pig and then I got The Land of Rape and Honey. Filth Pig is my fave, followed closely by The Mind is a Terrible Thing To Taste.

20. GAS

GAS New Member

They covered Black Betty?! I fucking love that song! Is it close to the original or is it Ministried out?