Lomomo

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by 1337, Sep 30, 2003.

1. 1337

1337 New Member

ive had a gamecube for like a year, but havent used it. whats a good game on it?

2. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

The resedent evil game is hot, and Metroid is fun as fuck

3. evillittlekiwi

evillittlekiwi New Member

SOUL CALIBUR II

get it!
    omg i'm addicted to it!
    AHHH
    for a girl..i'm so fucking geeky!

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Peruses shelf... Metroid, Resident (you might miss the cheesy dialog of the original, if you recall, that is), Zelda, ROGUE LEADER (and soon to be - REBEL STRIKE), Eternal Darkness...

As far as *hardcore* traditional Nintendo games go, Luigi ain't bad, a nice twist on the theme, but I wasn't too impressed with Mario Sunshine - your mileage may vary.

5. Robman97

Robman97 Member

Mario Party 4 is fun when you're drunk. Mario golf is addictive as well.

6. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I've got Party 4 (never been both drunk and in the mood to play it... hell, come to think of it, I think the cellophane is still wrapping the mofo), and I haven't played Golf yet, but I did have a blast on the 64 version (mini-golf fuckin' rules).

7. genghis khan

genghis khan New Member

I went to put 5 bucks down and reserve True Crime-Streets of LA and I saw the gamecubes slashed their prices. 129.99 brand new
    i almost shit my pants
    now if only x-box would take a hint and match that price

8. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by genghis khan:
    I went to put 5 bucks down and reserve True Crime-Streets of LA and I saw the gamecubes slashed their prices. 129.99 brand new
    i almost shit my pants
    now if only x-box would take a hint and match that price
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"vancity?" Down here they're down to $99...

9. 1337

1337 New Member

van city - Vancouver?

maybe hes a canuck

10. genghis khan

genghis khan New Member

yeah they were 229 up here in British Columbia and then they dropped them down to 129.
    but my paycheques come in shitty canadian dollars so what alternative do i have then eh?

11. 1337

1337 New Member

i went to rent soul caliber 2, but i picked the PS2 one because i couldnt imagine playing a fighting game with that gamecube controller.

When i return it ill get metriod i think.

12. Robman97

Robman97 Member

I rented soul caliber 2 for the Xbox, spawn is fucking awesome on there. I haven't tried it on the Cube yet though. I just got Elder Scrolls 2 Morrowwind for the Xbox, all I can say is wow. If you got a box try it!!

13. 1337

1337 New Member

I used to dominate Soul Caliber in the arcades whe nit was called Soul Blade

I could beat anyone as Siegfried.

i dont like this new one too much though, and siegfried isnt in it.

I love Tekken 3 and Tekken Tag, i havent been able to find Tekken 4 yet though. I played it once in an arcade though

14. SirFragselot

SirFragselot New Member

Any of the Star Wars games are good.

15. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Hi.

My urethra hurts.

OKAY, BYE

16. genghis khan

genghis khan New Member

the gamecube is great for all those resident evil games...resident evil zero was pretty good
    Star Wars: Rebel Strike
    Pre-order and get a playable disk of the 1982 Atari Star Wars arcade game!
    -at e.b. i'm thinking about doing that

f zero gx is coming out, can't wait for that
    and a new mario cart racer is due anytime
    and of course True Crimes streets of la and driver 3 for the playstation 2.
    So many games,i'll have to quit work just to get some game time in.

17. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Highclass Whitetrash:
    I used to dominate Soul Caliber in the arcades whe nit was called Soul Blade<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Soul Blade was the original game, and it was ported to the PS1. Soul Calibur, the sequel, came out in the arcade under the same name... When they ported it to the Dreamcast, they made the graphics high-res and it completely blew the arcade game out of the water.

18. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by genghis khan:
    Star Wars: Rebel Strike
    Pre-order and get a playable disk of the 1982 Atari Star Wars arcade game! -at e.b. i'm thinking about doing that
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bingo... $5 down, and it's yours - also has a playable level or two of Rebel Strike, too. I think some other previews are on the disc, too... I haven't looked at mine too much. If you have Best Buy up there, sometimes you can pick up these promo discs for a mere penny each. I've got four copies of it...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote
    That's not out up there yet either? Gee-bus... It's been out here for about a month already... I still can't get over the fact Sega programmed it for Nintendo...

19. genghis khan

genghis khan New Member

yeah f zero is already released up here
    i was thinking of the new mario cart game

Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
    Pre-order and get a bonus disc with six playable demos, game trailers and extra content for Fire Emblem for GBA! Mario and company double up for two-seater racing. Race wild courses or duke it out in battle arenas.
    -gotta love mario kart, i got the snes version and the n64 version, fun as fuck well just about.

has anyone played that zelda game
    it looked a little 'cartoony' for me
    that new animation style they used is a little fruity

you can play as link in soul calibur 2. they should do that more often. incorporate other characters into other serious fighting games.
    mario versus bowser mortal kombat style

20. cardBOARD box homie

cardBOARD box homie New Member

after sega pulled the plug on the dreamcast they started coding for anyone who would throw them a dollar. to be quite honest a lot of the newer sega games are quite good