Lomo..... mit einem job?

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Lomotil, Aug 2, 2002.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Could it be? Pending a drug test, complete physical, and a background check... I might actually be working?!?

Stay tuned for the next chapter in this comedy of errors...

2. GreenAppleSplatters

GreenAppleSplatters New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Antichrist Lomotil:
    Could it be? Pending a drug test, complete physical, and a background check... I might actually be working?!?

Stay tuned for the next chapter in this comedy of errors...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Errors on their part,yeah.

You gotta pass a physical?!?! That sucks dude.

3. Yummy

Yummy New Member

Lomo is going to bend over and cough TEEHEE

4. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

now THIS:
    is a good signature.
    what kind of job have you applied for? my personal love slave postition has already been filled. and i don't require a drug test either.

5. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GreenAppleSplatters:
    Errors on their part,yeah.

You gotta pass a physical?!?! That sucks dude.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be quite honest, I'm more worried about the background check...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goddess Yummy:
    Lomo is going to bend over and cough TEEHEE <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow... Never thought about that... This is going to be the most action my balls have seen in... well, a long time...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rattila the hon:
    now THIS:
    is a good signature.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad you approve.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote
    A part-time shit job, one to pass the time and perhaps get me back on the road to present a threat to other drivers once again.

6. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Well, Tuesday...

Got a call from the main office, they wanted me to go take my physical & drug test today...

So, I drank half a gallon of water before I went, in the odd event that something were to magically show up in my piss... They didn't tell me I'd have to wait a whole fucking hour and a half before that point!

There I am, sitting in the waiting room, watching a TV show that has people splashing around in a pool, wishing I had a tourniquet or something in case I lose control... They finally call me in (after teasing me by calling my name several times, only to present me with another form to fill out each time).

I'm hoping we get this piss test outta the way first, but noooo... They do the first half of the physical, which consists of the vitals, vision test, hearing test (which is quite funny, really - she had me stand about 3 feet away from her while she whispered something and asked me to repeat it. Bet that test alone costs $50)... Then she wants me to bend down and touch my goddamn toes with my full bladder!

Next stop, PISS TEST! FINALLLLLY! She leads me into the room with a toilet room in it, and I'm about ready to burst. Then she tells me to wait there while she goes to get something. - 5 minutes later - she comes back with the cup. So, I go in there, piss straight into the bowl for about 20 seconds, then pinch it off and fill the cup halfway, then let go back to the bowl for what must've been another minute or so... I remember thinking to myself, "shit, this has to look bad, me spending so much time in here" - the whole time trying to piss on the porcelin above the water so I wouldn't make too much noise, which didn't work because there was quite a bit of pressure behind my stream...

Finally came out of there with a warm cup o' piss for the nice lady, whom poured it into two shotglass-sized vials and sealed them, asking me to initial each one. Then she introduced me to a rather cute young lady whom would be walking me through the next part of the physical...

She did all the normal stuff; blood pressure, temperature, pulse, Q & A, then gave me a pair of throwaway shorts (They must've been size 50, but with elastic from a size 35) and asked me to strip to my underwear and put these on for the rest of my examination... So, she leaves, and I do as she asks, then as soon as I finish, the door swings open again, and instead of the cute young lady - some dude walks in.

The rest of the exam was, unorthodox to say the least, but at least I won't be constipated for a while!

(In all seriousness, some of it was kinda strange... After the standard knee-jerk reflex, lung test, and ear exam, he had me stand up, put my arms straight ahead, close my eyes, and lift my arms, then spread my fingers. Whatever this accomplished is beyond me, but apparently I passed. Oh, and of course, there's the obligatory turn your head and cough bit, which I had hoped the cute chick would've performed (I know I would've sprung a bone if she had).

So, kids... Looks like Lomo's gonna be working soon. I doubt the place would've sprung the cash for a physical if I hadn't passed the background check, so I should be in like flint.

Soon as I know for *sure*, I'm running out and getting me a goddamn PS2. I've been without GTA3 for too long, and I'm going to need it after a long, hard day of dealing with the public.

7. Yummy

Yummy New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Antichrist Lomotil:
    he had me stand up, put my arms straight ahead, close my eyes, and lift my arms, then spread my fingers. Whatever this accomplished is beyond me, but apparently I passed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neurological test...what is this a security job or something?

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Welcome back to the workforce!

I'm glad that some dude did the rectal, BTW...

9. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goddess Yummy:
    Neurological test...what is this a security job or something?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It behooves me how someone could actually fail such a test, but oh well... Yeah, I'm gonna be a bouncer at a gay club so I can stand outside and stomp fags all night. I've always wanted to beat the living shit out of a few queens...

10. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nauseous:
    Welcome back to the workforce!

I'm glad that some dude did the rectal, BTW...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I was making that part up... I was told they wait until you're like 50 or so before they start checking that. Imagine my disappointment.

11. Yummy

Yummy New Member

It behooves me how someone could actually fail such a test, but oh well... Yeah, I'm gonna be a bouncer at a gay club so I can stand outside and stomp fags all night. I've always wanted to beat the living shit out of a few queens... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that is almost as dangerous as fucking them...wear rubber boots!!!

12. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

that is almost as dangerous as fucking them...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But twice as fun!

13. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Update:

Today, as some of you already know, I had my final, which started at 7.30 AM. Yes, in the FUCKING morning. It sucked. Aside from that, I was cool - seeing as how I munched a vivarin, four sudafeds, and two semi-legal "ephidrine" pills....

Basically, I took the test, the drugs helped me stay awake and cognant, and I think I did decent on them. I get home, however, and see that I got a call from the main office. I call them back (oddly enough, after buying my fuckin' PS2), and it turns out they need me to go in for another fuckin' drug test.

This is all fine and dandy, however I'm not quite certain as to the classification of 'gas-station' drugs (in this case, the bronchiodialator, Ephidrine HCl.) ...

Long story made short, don't know if/when I'm going to start work. :-\

P.S. - Getting drunk to celebrate.

14. Yummy

Yummy New Member

I call them back (oddly enough, after buying my fuckin' PS2), and it turns out they need me to go in for another fuckin' drug test.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congrats on the PS2 -- Frequency is the BOMB

Um, sorry about the drug test...they probably found something odd in your first one (maybe even just the fact it was so diluted)...how long do you have until you have to retake it? Do you have time to go to the herbalist or flush yourself out with vinegar?

Good luck, Man, that sucks.

15. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Already took it again yesterday... Oh, and I stocked up on a few (5) PS2 games long before I got the system, and Frequency was one of 'em...

16. Ministersf

Ministersf New Member

Can I suggest "Blood Omen 2"? It starts a little slow but becomes one of the freshest games in history as it goes on. In addition, the "Baulder's Gate" game for PS2 is very fresh and is 2 player so bring a friend.

17. Yummy

Yummy New Member

Already took it again yesterday... Oh, and I stocked up on a few (5) PS2 games long before I got the system, and Frequency was one of 'em... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

its one of those games that you see when you close your eyes at night, if you have played "too much"

18. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Minister Saint-Fond:
    Can I suggest "Blood Omen 2"? It starts a little slow but becomes one of the freshest games in history as it goes on. In addition, the "Baulder's Gate" game for PS2 is very fresh and is 2 player so bring a friend.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure you can! I doubt I'll be getting any new games anytime soon, I'll be playing these five (GTA3, MGS2, Maximo, Gradius 3&4, & Frequency) for a while, and my next purchase will probably be a Gameboy Advance - I've got 5 games for that, too...

I'll definitely check Blood Omen II out, I've got the original "Legacy of Kain" PSX game, and the semi-sequel, 'Soul Reaver' on Dreamcast... I'll probably round out the trilogy sometime in the near future...

19. Ministersf

Ministersf New Member

I'll definitely check Blood Omen II out, I've got the original "Legacy of Kain" PSX game, and the semi-sequel, 'Soul Reaver' on Dreamcast... I'll probably round out the trilogy sometime in the near future... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll save you $50 though...

Soul Reaver 2 = Not that much fun

The plot is intense and the graphics are good but the gameplay is sub-standard and there is not all that much to do (you run from the castle to the village and back again three times, fighting stuff). Combat is annoyingly difficult, not "challenging", mind you, but annoyingly difficult. You find yourself wondering, "If I'm some kind of super-creature created by a dark god to be his avenger, why is this guy with a stick beating my ass all over the canyon?" My suggestion on this one; Wait until it drops to about $20 or less and get it for the plot.

If you beat Soul Reaver 2, it opens up some features, including voice recording out-takes. It's kind of disturbing because the guy who does "Soul Reaver's" voice is so amazingly gay. He's like, Oscar Wilde / Liberace / Richard Simmons gay and does not fit the character at all.

20. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

How fitting that the "work" thread turned into another "game" thread.

Guess where I get to go in a few hours?

Nothing like sitting in front of a computer screen with a headset (that sends low voltage shocks to my brain) on taking call after call from people who are either too stupid to use a computer/internet or from people who are pissed off as fuck because of the 150+ dollars in penalty fees they will have to pay due to their "user error" on my "piece of shit worthless site". If I owned it, I'd fucking sell it. Everyday I go in there, I hope that I fuck something up and they send me home unpaid for two days... then I'd only have to make one more mistake before they fired me and I could collect unemployment. Well, enough of my rant...

How do you steal cable? I haven't had it for 5 months and I'm really starting to miss it.