Latest, greatest score...

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Lomotil, Nov 15, 2003.

1. stymie

stymie New Member

I asked for an x-box for my birthday so the wife duly gets me a gamecube. Kind of impressed though, the cube, 2 digital controllers, mario blast and four zelda games for £99.00. Myself and three pissed up mates played mario the night before last and had a right old fucking laugh. Gotta say that Ocarina of time has me consumed again, I originally owned an imported 64 (U.S.), this game and goldeneye nearly got me a divorce once upon a time. (Owning an import had some prestige a few years ago, getting your games mail order months before they were on the shelves was guaranteed to piss your mates off)

2. Cough Syrup

Cough Syrup New Member

It still does.

3. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lomo's Haus of Audio-Video Bliss:
    I read the Hobbit .... started in on the Fellowship, but never finished it nor got any further than that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

same here... my excuse is that i didn't want to spoil my enjoyment of these films (though i got the books 20 years ago)

4. Cough Syrup

Cough Syrup New Member

So yer farsighted. No one can blame you for that.

I like to read novels, usually. I collect books as well as DVD's and video games.

I like to be entertained I guess.

5. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

authors/genre?

6. KaptainSkitzo

KaptainSkitzo New Member

I'm only hooked on 2 things really, bookwise. Anything, and I do mean ANYTHING written by Steven Brust(Jhereg, Yendi, Teckla, Taltos, Phoenix, Orca, Dragon, The Phoenix Guards, 500 Years After, Cowboy Feng's Space Bar and Grill, Agyar, and several more)
    And "The Destroyer"(which the movie "Remo Williams, the Adventure Begins" was based on) series. Although it's gone way downhill over the last 10 years, I can still read the older ones. Up until #75 or so, the original authors were still writing them all. Richard Sapir died around then...Warren Murphy started going with some ghostwriters, and they are rather hit and miss.

I did read TLOTR series, a long time ago. I started on them again since the movies have come out.

7. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

discworld series by terry pretchett...
    clive barker books.. more the 'fantasy' ones (weaveworld imajica) than the 'horror' ones (cabal hellbound heart)...

8. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

damn typos.. pratchett

9. Cough Syrup

Cough Syrup New Member

My favorite author is Chuck Palahnuik, he wrote Fightclub...I don't know where I'd but him in terms of genre. His books are in the general fiction (with Les Mis).

I like George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire serries, thus far.

Right now I'm starting on Tad Williams' Otherworld serries. Book one is The Golden City I think

10. cardBOARD box homie

cardBOARD box homie New Member

i rather enjoy Orson Scott Card. Enders Game is a really good bookas well as the others in the series

11. Cough Syrup

Cough Syrup New Member

Yeah, Card's a damn good writer. I just need to read Children of the Mind and I'm done with that branch of the story

Hart's Hope is also a good one. Actually, I've yet to read a book of his that I haven't liked.

12. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stymie:
    I originally owned an imported 64 (U.S.), this game and goldeneye nearly got me a divorce once upon a time. (Owning an import had some prestige a few years ago, getting your games mail order months before they were on the shelves was guaranteed to piss your mates off)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you have an NTSC TV, or were you able to play your imports in PAL mode?

13. stymie

stymie New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lomo's Haus of Audio-Video Bliss:
    Did you have an NTSC TV, or were you able to play your imports in PAL mode?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I played them in pal mode, I am pretty sure the man I bought it off sold me a convertor of some sort to use. You would have loved to browse his store, he was an avid collector of consoles of every sort. He once invited me into his store room (thought the fucker wanted to molest me!) but he was just proud of his console collection. I remember him being particularly fond of a prizetronic micro something or other. Gonna ride through to leeds tomorrow, maybe he is still in business.

14. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Take pics!

15. GreenAppleSplatters

GreenAppleSplatters New Member

I had one a long time ago, you might recall... Then a week after Vice City was released, it started making funny noises - so I packaged it back up carefully and took it back to the store and got an Xbox instead. Then sometime this last summer I finally broke down and picked up one fo the new 'Network Combo' packs for $150...

I hope you have Halo, GAS...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm holding out for Halo 2. Can you play that one online?
    I'm getting the online hook up soon.

Get your lazy ass one too and I'll kill you via Halo.

16. Cough Syrup

Cough Syrup New Member

Unitl I can get rid of dial up--I'm fucked!

But you bastards have fun

17. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GreenAppleSplatters:
    Get your lazy ass one too and I'll kill you via Halo.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Talk is cheap, O' gaseous one... :p

18. GreenAppleSplatters

GreenAppleSplatters New Member

We shall see grasshoppa...

19. Cough Syrup

Cough Syrup New Member

BASTARDS!

20. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I'll spank all of y'all on a PS2 game with my new controller...

The blue glow automatically adds skill to my gameplay (just like gaining horsepower from affixing a few racing stickers to a Civic!)