Just bought a Gamecube...

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Lomotil, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I don't care what anyone says, this system is the shit. Crowning the PS2, it stands tall and well, small, compared to any of the other systems.

Basically, a buddy of mine needed some quick cash, so he sold me his (black) Gamecube, 1 mammary card, and 5 games for $200. Here's the games I've got:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Star Wars: Rogue Leader
    <LI>Resident Evil
    <LI>Super Mario Sunshine
    <LI>Spider-man
    <LI>Starfox Adventures
    <LI>Turok: Evolution
    [/list]

I know, I know, that's 6 games... I already had Rogue Leader before I got the 'cube.

Next on the list: X-box. They're doing a promotion right now that gives you the system, the redesigned controller, and 2 Sega games (Jet Set Radio Future & Sega GT 2002) for $199. If you buy it at Target, they'll even throw in another controller. I'm so fucking there.

2. Disorder

Disorder New Member

lol, get on my son. havent had the chance to go on a 'cube yet, but always thought the 64 was better than anything else around, so i guess anything by nintendo must be good.

lets see if microsoft can top the bill.

3. Cigarettes

Cigarettes New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lomo's Haus of Salvage:
    I don't care what anyone says, this system is the shit. Crowning the PS2, it stands tall and well, small, compared to any of the other systems.

Basically, a buddy of mine needed some quick cash, so he sold me his (black) Gamecube, 1 mammary card, and 5 games for $200. Here's the games I've got:

<LI>Resident Evil
    <LI>Super Mario Sunshine
    <LI>Spider-man
    <LI>Starfox Adventures
    [/list]

I know, I know, that's 6 games... I already had Rogue Leader before I got the 'cube.

Next on the list: X-box. They're doing a promotion right now that gives you the system, the redesigned controller, and 2 Sega games (Jet Set Radio Future & Sega GT 2002) for $199. If you buy it at Target, they'll even throw in another controller. I'm so fucking there.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree! I got a game cube and I love it more than my N64. I have respect for the other systems and I'm not an ass that bashes other systems BUT I love Game Cube!

4. tommy710

tommy710 Active Member

Star Wars Rouge leader is the fucking dogs bollocks its ace i gotta agree with lomo the boring cunt there.

5. ross_perot

ross_perot New Member

Does your dirty mum play those games with you Thomas?

6. canine_STD

canine_STD New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lomo's Haus of Salvage:
    he sold me his (black) Gamecube, 1 mammary card, and 5 games for $200.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can anyone guess what Lomo has on his mind?

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

*yawn* Lomo, my dear, the only time you post is when it regards something about a video game... C'mon, I know you've got some more material for us than that.

8. kat

kat New Member

<LI>Resident Evil
    <LI>Super Mario Sunshine
    <LI>Spider-man
    <LI>Starfox Adventures
    [/list]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whats the graphics like on Resident Evil???? I fucking love that series,but ive only been able to play the games on PS one....
    im too poor to afford a new game system right now...

9. 1337

1337 New Member

I have gamecube, ps2, and all the main systems from every company before it, but i dont have an x box yet, i dont really want it.

I want to get soem more GC games.
    now they are finally releasing decent games for it..

10. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I know, I know... there ought to be at least something else going on in my life that might be mildly entertaining... but hey...

Graphics on RE? Un-fucking-believable. Pictures do not do it justice. Words cannot describe. Just go out and steal some money to buy a 'cube. You'll thank me.

I've already started picking up a couple X-box games, so far I've got Halo and Genma Onimusha... I'll probably get that system here in November...

11. Disorder

Disorder New Member

halo is the shit

12. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I know, I know... there ought to be at least something else going on in my life that might be mildly entertaining... but hey... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just hope you're able to masturbate someday.

13. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nauseous:
    I just hope you're able to masturbate someday. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dear god... I still haven't...

But then again, I've been playing Halo instead...

14. Tojo Burbage

Tojo Burbage New Member

I will be treating myself to a 'home entertainment' unit for Christmas but I am undecided as to what to get, I have got a PS1 which of course means I've got loads of the PS format games...buuut...the XBox looks the dog's bollocks...

So come on experts, which one would you recommend? ta...

15. Robman97

Robman97 Member

Hey Lomo, did your PS2 overheat? Seeing how you know so much about systems though it couldn't be. Interesting about the noise.

16. MissTerious

MissTerious New Member

This forum is getting really boring compared to what it used to be like!!

17. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

MissTerious - I'm so glad that you're voicing your concerns about the forum, even after your near-two-month anniversary of joining. It thrills my heart to see that people have what it takes to remain active after such a long and impressive tenure. Good job!

Such a waste - No clue what happened with it, but if I had to hazzard a guess, I'd say the drive mechanism had a defect in it (like so many of the original PSX systems). I also noticed that my model number "30001R" disappeared off the shelves *literally* overnight, to be replaced by the new 39000 series. Also saw a few *returned* PS2's (my model #), sitting on the shelf, waiting to be sold again, even after being opened up...

My best guess is that Sony tried to quietly pull the remaining models off the shelves after reports started coming in of defective units...

I'll buy another one eventually, but for the record, again, fuck SONY!

18. aznad

aznad New Member

GO WITH THE SYSTEM THAT HAS GRAND THEFT AUTO YOU JERKY BASTARD

19. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by D STRICT DANZA:
    GO WITH THE SYSTEM THAT HAS GRAND THEFT AUTO YOU JERKY BASTARD<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And this is coming from the one that visits Fugly on his Dreamcast? Traitor...

20. aznad

aznad New Member

DREAMCAST WAS A GOOD SYSTEM, STILL IS.