Just added some new games to my collection...

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Lomotil, May 10, 2002.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

For those of you that care, three K-mart stores in town are closing down (bankruptcy is a bitch, I know), and yours truly got to peruse the video game section - they converted their entire pharmacy section to a game depot. Yeah, the whole time I was there, I was looking for leftover pills laying on the ground, but anyway... Every shelf was just fucking full of games. Pick a system - there were games there. I was really hoping to pick up a Gameboy Advance there at 50% off (I'd probably buy two of them if they were only $35) - but, all the good shit like that was gone. I could've bought another N64 with the bonus 'atomic purple' controller for a mere $50, but I didn't. Instead, I bought a shitload of games.

I only bought two 'new' games, "Star Wars Ep. 1: Battle for Naboo" for the N-64, (A sequel to Rogue Squadron, one of my favorite N64 games, $50 - on sale for $20), and "Golden Sun" for the GBA (Don't have one of these yet, but it's best to 'think ahead' - besides, this is a kickass RPG. $40 - on sale for $15). I also got two new N64 controllers for $7.50 each - I've never seen them before for under $30. I bought translucent blue and green, for those taking notes.

Now... on to the real steals... bought ten NES games for $3.50 each:

Heavy Barrel
    Gauntlet (Black Cart)
    Trojan
    Ironsword: Wizards and Warriors II
    Low G Man
    Werewolf: The Last Warrior
    SNK’s Little League Baseball (Laugh if you want - the game's fucking fun)
    Urban Champion
    Code Name: Viper
    Fester’s Quest

Also got a GameGear game, "Columns" ($7.50) - I always wanted this game, but never could find it. Sure, I could play the Genesis version on my Nomad, but I still wanted the GG version...

And I got two Genesis games, "Beyond Oasis" and some tennis game for $3 each. Only reason I got the tennis game was because it was one of those rare carts that actually has two controller ports on the cartridge itself for 4-player gaming. I just got it because it was unique.

Overall, the trip was a success. Kinda sucks that they're leaving town (well, half of the stores so far, at least), but this is America, baby... survival of the fittest.

2. GreenAppleSplatters

GreenAppleSplatters New Member

But ya still didn't get River City Ransom huh? Goddamn shame...

3. Nicodemus

Nicodemus New Member

Damn, I wish I'd known that a little earlier. A tornado ripped the roof off our local K-Mart a couple days ago. Sorry, no pictures.

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Erm... yeah....... I still plan on posting those tornado pics...

As for River City Ransom.......... FUCK.......... still gotta gedt that tame..........

5. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

fuck... drukn as hell...... pardon my spellling..........

6. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

btw: gppd to see you, AS... thouht you was dead or some shhit.....

7. Nicodemus

Nicodemus New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Friar Bitchicus Slapiticus:
    btw: gppd to see you, AS... thouht you was dead or some shhit.....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeeezus Lomo, you are fucking trashed. It warms my heart to see how little things have changed here in the asylum.

8. Matthew

Matthew New Member

9. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I'll downloa dthat when i get a bit of bandwidth... Nico: yeah, i was fucked up. II'm almost as fucked up tonight - but not quite..... vicodin hasn't kicked in near as much YET.

Added three new games to my stash at the kmart today: Zelda - Majora's mask (n64, $30), Megamann X6 (PSX, $15), and Ape Escape (PSX, $10)... Nigga gonna have to quit buying food for a while to pay for all this shit...

Oh well. Who needs food anyway. I'm gonna og pass out now.

10. GreenAppleSplatters

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Friar Bitchicus Slapiticus:
    As for River City Ransom.......... FUCK.......... still gotta gedt that tame..........<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

River City Ransom has the funniest line I've ever seen in a video game:"While no one was looking,Alex squeezed his teddy bear. You gained 20 strength and 15 vitality".

I thought I was gonna die,I was laughing so hard..

11. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Damn, I don't even remember that line... Guess I'm going to have to break down one of these days and pay $30 for it (or whatever they're charging).

Looks like I was pretty fucked up in some of these posts... damn. I barely remember having the computer on, much less posting.

12. tommy710

tommy710 Active Member

what the hells going on here?a thread on fugly and everyones being nice and polite to each other,this fucking suks im going back to the childrens home at least i get abused there on a regular basis

13. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

tommy - feel the warmth here. You're open to express whatever tickles your fancy. I'm so glad you came to the circle to share your feelings... in time, you will learn to live and love life as we all have. May your life be long and filled with happiness, your dreams come true, and your ambitions filled.

Your servant in the Lord,
    -FBS

14. tommy710

tommy710 Active Member

fuck off friar cos now your really scaring me.(backing away slowly)

15. GreenAppleSplatters

Damn, I don't even remember that line... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You had to buy the teddy bear at some secret shop in a subway if I remember correctly.Not only was it hilarious to read,but it gave you mad attributes too.

16. GreenAppleSplatters

tommy - feel the warmth here. You're open to express whatever tickles your fancy. I'm so glad you came to the circle to share your feelings... in time, you will learn to live and love life as we all have. May your life be long and filled with happiness, your dreams come true, and your ambitions filled.

Your servant in the Lord,
    -FBS
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shut up hippy.

17. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Wouldn't you know it?

I spent another fucking $80 there today, goddamnit... and I'm supposed to go back there thursday when they *might* have a GameBoy Advance coming in from another store...

Anyways, they knocked all their shit back to 60% off today, and I ended up buying some more shit today... (erm, yesterday), I got three NES games at $2.79 each, a SNES game (Prince of Persia 2) for $3, a GBA case for $4, two GBA games (Castlevania: COTM, and F-Zero Extreme - $15 and $11, respectfully), and an N64 game, "Donkey Kong 64" (Came with the 'expansion pack' - which I'm sure I'll need down the line when I get another N64) - for $14. The expansion pack alone is $20-30... Fuck it.

Also bought some other shit... Cleaned the mother fuckers out of dried peppers - whole bags of them going for 20 cents or so... Almost bought one of those pipe-hittin' slingshots that has the arm brace for $6 but I didn't...

Basically - I need to stay away from this place... and, I'm not a hippy.

18. tommy710

tommy710 Active Member

Wouldn't you know it?
    I spent another fucking $80 there today, goddamnit... and I'm supposed to go back there thursday when they *might* have a GameBoy Advance coming in from another store...

Anyways, they knocked all their shit back to 60% off today, and I ended up buying some more shit today... (erm, yesterday), I got three NES games at $2.79 each, a SNES game (Prince of Persia 2) for $3, a GBA case for $4, two GBA games (Castlevania: COTM, and F-Zero Extreme - $15 and $11, respectfully), and an N64 game, "Donkey Kong 64" (Came with the 'expansion pack' - which I'm sure I'll need down the line when I get another N64) - for $14. The expansion pack alone is $20-30... Fuck it.

Also bought some other shit... Cleaned the mother fuckers out of dried peppers - whole bags of them going for 20 cents or so... Almost bought one of those pipe-hittin' slingshots that has the arm brace for $6 but I didn't...

--------------------

you could just wank reading friars exciting posts couldnt you,man you so interesting i have to tear myself away from the screen,SHUT THE FUCK UP YA BORING CUNT I GOT ONE OF THOSE SLINGSHOTS I NEVER USE ILL SEND IT TO YOU IF YOULL FUCK OFF.

19. Disorder

Disorder New Member

hey, everyones gotta have a hobby that isnt sitting in front of red square hookers and masturbating furiously..

20. tommy710

tommy710 Active Member

really disorder,why what else is there to do in life??