Isaac Hayes Dead At 65

Discussion in 'Music' started by bendover, Aug 11, 2008.

1. bendover

bendover New Member

Isaac Hayes — a legendary soul singer, songwriter, musician and producer whose career spanned four decades and who achieved unexpected fame later in life as the voice of "South Park" character Chef — died Sunday afternoon (August 10), a spokesperson for the Shelby County, Tennessee, sheriff's department.

Over the following years, Hayes and songwriting partner David Porter wrote a reported 200 songs, including such soul classics as Sam & Dave's "Soul Man" and "Hold On, I'm Comin'," Carla Thomas' "B-A-B-Y," and Johnnie Taylor's "I Had a Dream."

Hayes continued to perform and record over the following years, but he didn't reappear on the mainstream radar until 1997, when he provided the voice for the "South Park" character Jerome "Chef" McElroy. Originally intended to be a one-off appearance, Hayes' character quickly became extremely popular, providing the show's young characters with advice and often breaking into comical R&B love songs that parody some of the songs Hayes had written in the first place. Hayes sang the notorious "Chocolate Salty Balls" on the "South Park" album Chief Aid.

2. BullGod666

BullGod666 Member

Where do scientologists go when they die? Prolly hell for not believing in God, I guess.

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Tom Cruise's yacht.

With the rest of the 'cool people.'

4. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I thought the aliens came back and got them?

Thats too confusing. Is there no fugly scientologist? I figured dan would be one.

5. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Maybe John Travolta's plane?