Inducing vomiting

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by Nauseous, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

So yesterday I pigged out and got really nervous that I was going to have a bowel obstruction from it because I didn't chew everything well and I just ate way too much, so I decide to make myself vomit.

I have never been able to do this. I managed to puke up a couple bites of pasta and a bunch of slimy looking stuff. I didn't really retch, it just kinda fluxed up with the heave.

Is there a good way to do this? I'm not doing it for vanity. I just get worried about having to have my stomach pumped again and figure if I can make myself vomit I can avoid ever having to do that again.

Today, my throat and chest hurt and when I breathe, I feel like I am wheezing a little. Do you think I sucked a piece of vomitus into my lung and now I have pneumonia?

I did discover that my median glossoepiglottic fold doesn't like to be jammed with fingers. It hurts as well.

2. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

ipecac syrup.... is the only thing I know...

when someone calls in a panic (My dog dog just ate 10 on my pain pills) or something like that... we tell them to pour hydrogen peroxide down their throat.

as for puking and inhaling into lungs... this does happen- but normally when someone is alseep, sedated, drunk. Being wide awake... and purposely doing it...I dont think you have anything to worry about.

dont do it again- dork. If you are scared of a obstruction... I heard if you do slow, yoga type stuff.. that helps. But I have no idea

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I was going to buy some of that.

I am not limber enough for yoga. My extremities get stiff sitting in one position for more than 15 minutes.

I will just have to learn restraint when it comes to food. I have just been craving everything and being mean as hell lately.

Everything smells delicious. I don't know what my deal is. I think someone is slipping me steroids.

4. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

I dont do yoga...or know any of the moves. But I do stretch. Everyone is still at first- but I swear if you start stretching - you will feel so much better all over.

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I'd feel like a douche doing yoga. What kind of stretching? Something you made up or something you learned to do?

Right now my chest, boobs and back hurt like a mofo and I am debating on taking some pain medication, but I hardly ever do that and just make myself suffer.

6. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Hey I did the whole Yoga Wii thing yesterday at my bro's house and was a Yoga Master in all the exercises except one and on that one I qualified as Yoga trainer.

The Wii console is pretty damn cool.

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Doesn't the Wii defeat the purpose of gaming? It's supposed to be about inactivity.

8. phatboy

phatboy New Member

We gave our son a Wii for Christmas, both my arms are tired from 1) kicking his butt in boxing 2) him kicking my but in "Star Wars the Clone Wars". Golf, baseball and football, it's all fun.

I have to give it 2 sore thumbs up, and Mama'san is right about the stretching.

I have been put on some BP medication, and a muscle relaxer for chronic headaches (related to the BP according to the Doc) and an inhaler for shortness of breath. I need to get my fat ass back in some kind of shape.

9. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

What meds? Names?