If you could go back in time...

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Lomotil, Nov 28, 2001.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

...and could only take one (1) item with you, what would it be?

It would have to be something tangible, you can't say something like a love of life, a corporation, or world peace (obviously, you can't take something 'with you' that we don't already have)...

The item must be something you actually own, or could aquire through any means, legal or not. Examples of possible things to take with you would be:
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>your computer
    <LI>your music collection
    <LI>other electronics
    <LI>a book of world history
    <LI>Gray's Sports Almanac
    [/list]

You get the idea.

*note: Taking the 'time machine' back with you so you can return is not an option.

2. Disorder

Disorder New Member

some legal tender for that period, i wonder if they had k-mart in the early 20's

3. unlimited-time

unlimited-time Active Member

I'd take Disorder so he could pay for everything

4. Disorder

Disorder New Member

nah, we just take a little of the present with us and sell your body to sex starved gentlemen

5. unlimited-time

unlimited-time Active Member

Good idea and if i get exhausted i guess they wont mind your tight hole for abit..so i guess the object you better take back if we're going is so lubricant.

6. yomamazagreasymofo

yomamazagreasymofo New Member

It depends on how far back I go....if it is, say, 10 to 40 years, then you're fucking right I would take a Gray's Almanac with me!

If it were the 1920's...a shitload of any kind of alcohol..

Any further than that...a lifetime supply of antibacterial soap, or maybe a stockpile of machine guns (in the middle ages, a career as a warlord would be set).

Now, here is another question - what would you bring back with you??

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I'm surprised I haven't heard anyone say 'Penicillin' yet...

8. yomamazagreasymofo

Well, if we get marooned back in time, I don't know how much longer I would want to live...so I figure, "do as the Romans do". Drink, fight, fuck, spread diseases (that's the GG in me talking), so when you die from them, you take everyone with you as a gesture of your bitterness that you got stuck back in time with all of those fucking devolved primates.

(Who knows, maybe that is how epidemics came to be in history).

9. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YoMamazAGreasyMoFo:
    Now, here is another question - what would you bring back with you??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever I could... (the normal 'time frame' stipulation applies, too)

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>strategically selected comics
    <LI>coins
    <LI>war surplus items
    <LI>furniture
    <LI>'old' electronics
    <LI>some yard darts
    <LI>an extensive supply of early 1900's OTC medicines
    <LI>raw opium
    <LI>a couple of slaves
    <LI>Marilyn Monroe
    <LI>a trail-wise Indian with an eye for Peyote
    <LI>a young Timothy Leary (Always wanted to meet that fucker)
    [/list]

That's just a few...

10. Disorder

Disorder New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YoMamazAGreasyMoFo:
    ..what would you bring back with you??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

my ill gained profits

11. kitana

kitana New Member

i dont know

12. Disorder

Disorder New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kitana:
    i dont know <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

why didnt you just take longer and think of something you did want want to take back?

13. yomamazagreasymofo

I would also probably bring back some authentic Negroes, too (right out of 1850, or so). That would be kind of fun.

14. Disorder

Disorder New Member

ok.. a similar question.. if you could only go to one particular time period, and the chances of returning are slim..which period in history would you choose to stay?

15. kitana

kitana New Member

1980 so that i can prevent myself from being born

16. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Well, if it were in the days when you had to soak up your menses in a rag, I'd say I'd bring a big ol' box of tampons!

17. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nauseous:
    Well, if it were in the days when you had to soak up your menses in a rag, I'd say I'd bring a big ol' box of tampons! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gawd, I love being a guy...

BTW: Better bring plenty of absorbant material to the cement factory...

18. D

D New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kitana:
    1980 so that i can prevent myself from being born<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What would ya do?

Jump in on ya ma' and uncle whilst they are getting down and dirty with it? tear them apart and say stop! Chop uncle's wang off and watch while you slowly fade away holding on to his bloody member....

sigh-hmmm

19. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Disorder:
    ok.. a similar question.. if you could only go to one particular time period, and the chances of returning are slim..which period in history would you choose to stay?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a good question... I can think of a few places...

The Cretaceous Period: Can you imagine how good some RIBS would be back then? Brontosaurus burgers, here I come!

The Civil War: Imagine how useful a single uzi or other nice modern weapon would be in determining the outcome of that war?

1977 I'd befriend a little-known kid named 'Bill Gates.'

Biblical Times I'd just love to go back and laugh at a bunch of Jews wandering aimlessly in the desert for 40 years.

There's more, but class is about to start... I'll elaborate later (maybe after I get those tornado pics posted... )

20. kitana

kitana New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stimulate by oneself:
    What would ya do?

Jump in on ya ma' and uncle whilst they are getting down and dirty with it? tear them apart and say stop! Chop uncle's wang off and watch while you slowly fade away holding on to his bloody member....
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, i would cause an "accident" so that mom wouldnt conceive or would miscarry