If this elevator's a-rockin' - Don't come a-knockin'...

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Lomotil, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

-OR-

"LADIES, LADIES, LADIES! Elevator Action is in tha hiiiizzz-hoooouse!"

Finally had some time to get to work on muh new baby tonight! Last night, I had hooked up two of the three connectors to the PCBs, and today I resoldered the frayed and loose wires on the third. Also, I bought a new fuse holder for the 3 Amp main fuse because I was missing a cap for the old one, and Radio Shack didn't fucking have them. Also bought some 3 Amp fuses. When I went to take out the old holder, the new one wouldn't fit, so I had to widen the hole. That was a bitch without the right tools handy, but it worked out. There was also a wire completely missing from the old fuse holder, but it was pretty easy to see where it came from, so I used a couple inches of wire to fix that. Also had to rewire the 'safety switch' that cuts the game off if the back door comes open, as that was completely disconnected.

So, after that, I shut the door, plug it in, flip the switch, and.... POOF! Absolutely fucking nothing. I was already tired as fuck, so I started to move it back against the wall, disconnecting it and everything, when I had this crazy notion to check the main power cord for continuity. Bingo. One of the wires had come disconnected at the plug.

So I rewire that, and right before I plug it in, I feel something wet splash on me right above my ankle. I look down, and see a spot of blood on my leg. It's the strangest thing, too... I still can't figure out where the fuck it came from. I checked all over, even blew my nose to see if it flew outta there... nothing. Only thing I can think of is that a mosquito must've puked on me... Anyway, so I plugged it in, turned it on, and POOF! Instant Elevator Action!

This is really the first time I think I've played the arcade version, and I think I'm gonna keep 'er... It's not too fuckin' bad! More technique to it than I remembered, and I definitely see some drunken replay value in the future...

Of course, I've got some other work to do on it, like clean the monitor, adjust it, and probably cap it after I get a list of parts to order from Bob all at once - but I'm in "Who da fuckin man?"-mode right now, and I'm even wearing my hat backwards so there's no mistake as to my bad-assed-ness...

Oh yeah, there's this one little minor detail: When the game's on, and I reach into the back and touch the coin box, I git this jittery feeling... my arm goes numb, my pants get wet, and I start to drool. Any ideas here? (Aside from not reaching in there)... (Actually, it's just a little shock it's giving, enough to make you move your hand outta the way, but not enough to sterilize... Must have a loose ground wire somewhere, needless to say, a project for tomorrow.)

2. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lomo's Haus of Salvage:
    Oh yeah, there's this one little minor detail: When the game's on, and I reach into the back and touch the coin box, I git this jittery feeling... my arm goes numb, my pants get wet, and I start to drool. Any ideas here? (Aside from not reaching in there)... (Actually, it's just a little shock it's giving, enough to make you move your hand outta the way, but not enough to sterilize... Must have a loose ground wire somewhere, needless to say, a project for tomorrow.)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I told you to plug that shit in at work. You don't leave it plugged in while you're away, do you? You've got two boys to take care of.

BTW, he always wears his hat backwards.

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

If I would've plugged "that shit" in at work, nothing would've happened, since it wasn't hooked up in several places inside, and missing the main fuse.

I'm so happy that I share my sense of fashion with HIM... That's really gonna help me sleep soundly tonight...

Btw, let's leave my kids outta this, ok?

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lomo's Haus of Salvage:
    If I would've plugged "that shit" in at work, nothing would've happened, since it wasn't hooked up in several places inside, and missing the main fuse.

I'm so happy that I share my sense of fashion with HIM... That's really gonna help me sleep soundly tonight...

Btw, let's leave my kids outta this, ok?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My main point was that my suspicions were confirmed... It is a fire hazard.

Don't talk about him or I won't sleep soundly tonight either.

Sentence - kids = two dogs