I went and got a sleep study

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by TheGrimJesus, Aug 13, 2006.

1. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

So my doctor pulled some strings and got me into a sleep clinic the last 3 days. I have went up their and slept. Well today after I woke up and was getting ready to head home they told me something i didn't understand Berry.

They said I'm sleeping but not going into Rem sleep at all. That my brain & body are still registering the same or more activity as if I was awake.

They are going to have me take the sleeping pill tonight to see if I go into REM sleep. Should I worry that my body won't enter REM sleep on its own anymore?

2. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

and the diagnosis remains..........Bipolar/Manic.

Sorry. At least they have good meds to fix it now.

I hope that I'm wrong. It could be other things. (Brain Tumor, Thyroid Cancer, Diabetes, Viral Encephalistis, Syphillis, AIDS...etc.)

Bipolar sounds pretty good now doesn't it?

(I am joking about the other stuff Grim. It could be depression, Bi Polar D/O or nothing. Just stick with the Doctor, and let him figure it out. Kudo's to you for having enough sense to go to the Doctor when something is not working right.)

3. chester grape

chester grape New Member

Agreed, but does he have to post every fucking detail of every fucking malaise for public consumption?

I mean, I've got an infected cut on my right index finger from catching it on the sharp edge of my washing basket on the weekend, but do I expect you all to give a shit about it and post advice about the best treatment?

4. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

Chester as I can see your point. I'm asking Berry for the simple reason my doctor is doing that don't want to upset me by not telling me everything deal. I just want to know what I'm headed into.

5. chester grape

chester grape New Member

Hmm. I thought that was what PMs were for.

6. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I think the sleep study said you needed to 'Rim Barry' and then go to sleep.

7. headee

headee New Member

this girl on House, MD couldn't go into REM sleep, and it turned out she needed a new liver.

8. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Sex puts me to sleep its phenomenal like a few min later is all it takes and I'm snoring. I know this because my wife reminds me. It’s great because she cannot stand it and goes to the back bedroom and sleeps so I get the whole bed to sprawl out on. You should try it Grim that’s what wifey is for. It's the only real reason to put up with all the other shit.

9. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Yeah, but how does Grim get to Texas every time he's having trouble?

10. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

But if he pulls that shit it screws up my whole plan and she then comes back to the front master bedroom that fucks it all up and will never do.

You and your ideas :roll:

11. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Pedro calls his boss one day, "Hey boss, I no feel so good I stay home today"

The boss says, "Pedro I really need you today, are you sure you cant come in"

"I dont know boss, I got a really bad hangover" Pedro replied.

"Pedro whenever I feel that way I fuck my wife real good and when Im done I feel a lot better" the boss said.

"Ok boss I try"

About 2 hours later Pedro calls back, "Hey boss you were right I feel great, and you got a really nice house".......

12. Checkmate

Checkmate New Member

Grim,

Where is the conclusion to this story the suspence is killing me.

13. chester grape

chester grape New Member

Not me. I never, ever think about Grim unless one of his whining posts is right in front of me. The second I click "back to index" it's like he never existed.

14. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

As caring smart ass remarks go I almost believed you. Still nothing. Physically I'm fit and mentally as well.

So they are still checking into it.

15. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK!

16. Samanthasez

Samanthasez New Member

Grim,

Take that fucking sig gif down. It's horrible. Perhaps it's your conscience that doesn't allow you to sleep at night. :idea:

17. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

Nope that would not be it. But sure just for you.

18. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

The fact that you came back here does not support your claim of being mentally healthy.

19. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

Oh you missed me you big softy.

20. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Dang right I missed you. You and Smurf make me feel normal...

...and smugly superior.

Barry