I ran out the door

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by CancerBeans, Jan 31, 2002.

1. CancerBeans

CancerBeans Member

Because I finally found a computer game that I wanted and it was at Best Buy. Well I had a gift card from one of my co-workers from the past holiday's gift exchange.

I went into the store looked around and finally stumbled upon the video game. I had it in my hand and walked up to the register. I handed over my credit card and the gift card then this dumb whore of a register roach says "Can I see your ID?"

I was in such a rush I forgot my god damned drivers license at my house.

Anyhow I had to go all the way back to my house get my drivers license then go all the way back to that acne teen infested Best Buy and do the process all over again.

Then the door boy says "Have a good day sir" cause he knew that I was pissed because he seen what happened when I went there the first time, so I said "Go fuck yourself shit stain".

2. GreenAppleSplatters

GreenAppleSplatters New Member

Well what game was it? Don't leave us hangning...

3. CancerBeans

CancerBeans Member

Medal of Honor Allied Assault. Its a shoot and kill game based on the second world war. Really cool. too bad they had to fuck up a PURCHASE....

4. Disorder

Disorder New Member

did you catch the latest return to castle wolfenstein, or whatever it is.. thats supposed to be good to.. get to kill some germans.

i been playing black & white, that games the shit..

5. CancerBeans

CancerBeans Member

Yea dude I have RTCW I like the first person shooter games alot...lots of blood and gore..

Oh yeah dude check out SOF 2 that shit is supposed to be really gorey

6. Stranger

Stranger New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cåñ¢êrßêåñs:
    I handed over my credit card and the gift card then this dumb whore of a register roach says "Can I see your ID?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Don't you have to be 18 to have a credit card?
    & why do you need ID to buy games?

Not long ago I got asked for ID to buy cigarettes!!!
    Im's over 30 for cryin out loud. I showed the kid my ID, gave her a mouthfull of abuse and got my smokes elsewhere.

7. D

D New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stranger:

gave her a mouthfull of abuse and got my smokes elsewhere.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only a retard like you would get pissed at something that could be seen as a compliment.

Jeez I hope people mistake me for someone younger when Im as old as you.

I got carded every single fucking time I went to buy fags... and the retards couldn't work out the date of my birth... 23/09/81
    One asked if I was from British Columbia!!!!! After looking at the big UK sign at the top...

8. Stranger

Stranger New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I don't Wank:

Only a retard like you would get pissed at something that could be seen as a compliment.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was pissed at some idiot needlessly wasting my time.
    I don't find being mistaken for a 17yo a compliment. 17yo's have no idea. It is a pain in the ass to go out on the town and have 17 to 22yo's trying to chat me up with pathetic lines such as "I love you", "lets go back to my place and we'll just cuddle", "Is that a mirror in your pocket?" "Heaven must be missing an angel.." as if they'd have the slightest chance in hell.
    Jeez maybe when I'm 40 I'll take it as a compliment.

9. CancerBeans

CancerBeans Member

"
    Don't you have to be 18 to have a credit card? "

Where did I say that I was under 18?

10. D

D New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cåñ¢êrßêåñs:
    "
    Don't you have to be 18 to have a credit card? "

Where did I say that I was under 18?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

She ment the retard serving you must have realised that you have to be 18 to get a credit card.

11. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

you assholes dont seem to understand the reason behind the tobacco carding program. I work in a store tha tsells tobbacco accessories, If I sell a waterpipe or pipe to a 17 year old I GO TO JAIL> not your sorry punk ass. If you don't want to be cared, don't leave the house you whieny shitsmear

12. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stranger:
    Don't you have to be 18 to have a credit card?
    & why do you need ID to buy games?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

to prove you're the cardholder perhaps.. cancerbean could look like a 12 year old for all we know

13. CancerBeans

CancerBeans Member

Dude there is a HUGE difference between a video game and tabacco.

It was my personal checkings account debit/credit card deal.

14. CancerBeans

CancerBeans Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I don't Wank:
    She ment the retard serving you must have realised that you have to be 18 to get a credit card.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see...

15. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

ah, to add to the confusion, perhaps she wanted the ID not to make sure you were 18, but to make you that you were the cardholder and not an imposter. or was there a rating on the game? i dont know. i got carded for smokes too. they card up to age 40, and if the kid behind the counter doesnt do it, he gets fired. so i figure, if i look younger than 40, thats pretty fucking good because i'm not. now if its the same guy, every week carding me and trying to make chit chat, yeah, I get mad. like i'm gonna fuck some 7-11 acne factory. please. well, i might if he was hot like jay from bob and silent jay, but not if he's the guy that works at my 7-11 cause that guy is dumber than fucking Tardsky. he was giving me piercing tips for my eyebrow last time I bought smokes. i dont have a pierced eyebrow, nor do i plan on doing that either. i have no idea where he got that idea from. my ears have plenty of holes in them, but that's it. fucking clerks.

16. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Allow me to add my $0.02 here... While I appreciate IMC's concern about selling tobacco-related products, video games are a completelly different story... There are no laws regulating the sale of video games, and if anyone ever tells you otherwise, spit in their face and call them a bitch. The whole rating system was adopted to appease Joe Lieberman and Mrs. Gore.

You might recall the whole ordeal with the release of Mortal Kombat for the home systems. This is the whole start of all that is to fuck with games from here on out.

Basically, a few individuals (most notably democrats, including Hillary Clinton and Joe Lieberman) decided that either the video game industry needed to adopt it's own rating system, or the government would do it for them..