I made a cake

Discussion in 'Fizood' started by Nauseous, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

today without eggs and it was great! I have tried in the past to use this Ener-G shit as a replacement but it sucked, so today I used applesauce (weird, I know) and it came out awesome. It makes it really moist and good. (The applesauce works as a binder much like eggs.)

Anyone watching their cholesterol or anyone allergic to eggs should use it. You would never know the difference and you can eat the batter with no worry of getting salmonella.

I made a spice cake, so it had cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger, but I don't think the applesauce would hurt a chocolatey cake taste-wise.

2. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

I've got an idea for a cholesterol free binder.....

aw, never mind.

3. GAS

GAS New Member

That whole "low libido" thing ruins alot of jokes that could be directed at her. It's a damn shame really...

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

5. Icenhour

Icenhour New Member

ya know, I remember as a kid getting to lick the spoon & bowl when my mom or grandmother made a cake.... and it had raw eggs in it. What the hell??? did they not know about salmonella back then?

I cant make cakes...I can , and they are good... but not pretty at all... they all sink in the middle and look like bowl. I think it is my oven. um and every oven I have ever used in the past.

6. mesclun salad

mesclun salad New Member

Sometimes when the cake isn't cooked all the way to the center, the middle caves in like that

7. chaoticbrylync

chaoticbrylync New Member

My mom used to warn us when she was baking a cake, no running near the oven, that it would make the cake fall, I can remember having to pass the stove and walk sooooooo slowly, or just stay away from the kitchen altogether.

8. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

And another mandatory post is submitted to allow an IP address to access the Fugly audio/video archives.

This date shall be recorded in the Fugly Scribes. :rolleyes:

For the record, though, I do think we've gained a few reputable members to our forums since that mandate was set in place. It may seem like sifting a load of sand through a screened plate in hopes of finding gold, but occasionally the odd nugget stands out.

I'd like to think that the 'cakewalker,' of whom I'm quoting, falls into that category, but I hold little hope. Chances are, we won't hear from her tip-toed, cake-walking ass until her next mandatory post comes due.

Go ahead... prove me wrong, "Cake Walker."

9. chaoticbrylync

chaoticbrylync New Member

tiptoeing gently in

You rang, Lomotil???

So nice of you to comment back, I feel like dancing...
    I wasn't aware there was such a thing on here as "mandatory postings", thought it was more a spur-of-the-moment thing, whenever one saw that "lightbulb" over the head that says "IDEA" in all the cartoons.
    have a good one,
    chaoticbrylync a/k/a "cakewalker"

10. Icenhour

Icenhour New Member

there is mandatory postings???

11. BullGod666

BullGod666 Member

There's the signpost up ahead; your next stop, the "Twilight Zone."

12. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Are you using gas or electric? I can't bake anything in an electric stove, but I can bake like a mofo with gas.

I miss eating. Low residue diets w/no wheat are not fun. I live on bananas, mashed potatoes, yogurt, canned peaches and string cheese and that's it. Oh and Ensure to keep from losing weight. I miss the old days of worrying about eating too much.

Okay, I'm done whining.