I am ashamed to be labeled as part of the human race.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lomotil, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Very true now your starting to sound like a conservative.

2. Aballister

Aballister New Member

The hospital? You mean Medicare?

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Medicare or medicaid not sure. No one is refused. We already have universal health care for any emergency situation no one is refused.

4. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

I have many conservative views. I also have many liberal views. Depending on the issue.... I could go one way or the other. I can also change my mind on a issue once I learn more information about it. I just need to be sure the info is accurate.

5. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

Yes but who decides what an emergency is? I don't remember anyone offering my medicare or medicaid when I needed rabies shots. I don't remember anyone offering to pay Bigmama's bills for her son. Universal Health Care should be just that. No one is refused reasonable treatment.

An example would be a man walking into the ER with a papercut and being rushed to the ER for a hand x-ray and being put in the intensive care unit while his hand heals. Afterwards he is given an MRI to be sure their isn't any further internal damage. Then he is discharged with 100 oxycontin pills to be sure he isn't in any pain while he recovers.

Thats abuse. If he was put in the back of the line and waited 45 minutes to receive an iodine swab and a band-aid.... I'd be willing to give it to him.

6. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I'd say that is a healthy outlook maybe Libertarian? I tend to lean libertarian actually I'm fiscally conservative and socially its interesting my social beliefs are conservative one might say but I believe that you have to give people freedom to choose what they believe is moral except in the case of protecting others. Such as abortion which I an very much against. IMO someone should look out for the rights of the living human being in the womb.

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

We can argue that initial question forever. And with trial lawyers the whole paper cut scenario does happen actually.

Remember since this whole subject is really about the Democrats healthcare bill.

REMEMBER

The Republicans on several occasions I believe at least three brought their own proposals to the floor. These proposals included Tort Reform (unreasonable paper-cut lawsuits) as well as competition among insurers by letting people carry their insurance with them when they leave a company as well as also across state lines and purchase insurance across state lines.

There were several other excellent ideas and the Democrats knew very well what they were the Democrats refused to let them be heard or voted on because the Democrats control congress.

Furthermore the Democrats refused ANY participation by the Republicans holding their Healthcare planning sessions behind closed doors and created a bill in excess of 2000 pages so as to hide what they were doing even when voted on NO ONE READ THE ENTIRE BILL.

The Republicans GOOD ideas were excluded from the Democrats PARTISAN bill. Reason was the Democrats DO NOT WANT TO FIX THE SYSTEM. They want to replace it with a government dependency system.

In the end the Democrats screwed the old people who will get their Medicare cut drastically but they milked them for voted for decades threatening old people that if Republicans have their way they will cut the feet out from under the old people.

End the end after extorting them of all their votes and money it was the Democrats who screwed the old people.

8. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

But a universal system would treat old people just like younger ones. Equal health care for everyone!

"We hold this to be true. God created every man equal."

When will this country learn that if other countries can do this..... why can't the greatest nation in the world follow their lead or do better? Because capitalism breeds greed.

We don't need a soviet communist government to fix everything. We don't even need a big government. All we need is to do is respect everyone's freedom. As long as their choices don't encroach on anyone else's right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness, they should be left alone.

9. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

no one except for everyone I know...

when I am not so high.. I will post my trip to the ER yesterday... but right now I am a high nigga pie. trying to pass this kidney stone

10. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Passing a kidney stone on your own without medical help must really be a bitch

11. Aballister

Aballister New Member

But the bills still stack up though, right? Once you receive your chemotherapy thanks to Medicare(aid?), they still send you a bill. Besides, Medicare(aid) only applies to life saving emergency procedures (car accident, bullet wound, etc...).
    I thought that treatments deemed therapeutic weren't included like: chemotherapy, physiology, physical rehabilitation, or MRI (CAT scans or radiography). So once you incur these costs what do you do if your insurance doesn't cover it all?

12. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

She has medical help. That pot she bought illegally. Or the percosets she got from the ER legally. Whatever has her high.

I passed one with absolutely nothing in my system. I've never screamed so loud and long in my life. Nothing ever prepared me for that kind of pain.

13. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I thought you stayed away from pink tacos with cheese?

14. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Let me inject this thought into the equation... Is it greedy for someone without children to advocate a concern for the future of the human race by means of eradicating said afflictions by means of attrition?

Someone whom realizes the detrimental effects of minimum wage to free-market capitalism must surely see the parallel with the logic of this argument.

15. Homewrecker

Homewrecker New Member

Stay away from Roget! Speak common folk talk around here so I can pick up what you are putting down.

16. Aballister

Aballister New Member

I appreciate the thought but I fail to see how attrition is synonym of concern for the human race. If I understand your post correctly, you are of the opinion that the human race could be "bettered" by getting rid of some elements through attrition?

I understand the imbalance that minimum wages cause in a free-market, but I am also of the opinion that a healthy person is more productive than a sick one. You have to consider the long-run as well as the short-run. A small business owner that doesn't have to pay medical insurance for his employees is more likely to hire more of them, therefore creating more jobs. The employees are more productive if they can afford the cheaper medication and don't have to take days off to fight off an illness.

Diff'rent strokes to move the world....

17. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

No they could not afford cheaper medication they would spend their extra income on Twinkies, cigarettes, crack, and cheap fortified wine.

18. Aballister

Aballister New Member

When you say that, are you referring to a particular group? I've always seen your arguments as being politically driven, but now this sounded like an attack on a particular group.

Anyway, generalizing what people do with their money in lower-status groups is the wrong way of looking at it. There are decent people out there struggling to make ends meet.

19. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Sometimes.

20. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

You know people come to this country because it is loaded with opportunity. They do so with as little as the clothes on their back and a dime in their pocket and SOME use the great opportunity here to obtain vast wealth from nothing. Any of them that did it honest did so by careful planning and hard work. But all had advantage of the opportunity. Opportunity is there for all who want to pursue it but its their responsibility.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010