Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Schmed, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Schmed

Schmed New Member

2. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

A quote from the clip -

"I have been stranded on a strange planet for a number of years."

I can relate.

Barry

3. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

So long and thanks for the fish!

4. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

I'm hurt. I thought I had actually made friends with you earthlings.

Barry

5. MEDICVET

MEDICVET New Member

I'm so depressed. I'm not getting anybody down am I? I wouldn't want to do that.

Marvin the Paranoid Android rules!

6. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Depression sucks. This forum will make it worse. Get a good anti-depressant from your Doctor. Why feel bad when you don't have to?

War Vet? Problems with depression from PTSD? Zoloft has been approved for treating PTSD. Worth a try.

Barry

7. Schmed

Schmed New Member

Brry, that's a character from the Guide, he isnt't really depressed.

8. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

God am I so clueless sometimes.

Barry

9. MEDICVET

MEDICVET New Member

don't worry about it, hon, there is a reason why I identify with marvin the paranoid android. ;)

and zoloft wasn't very effective for my PTSD symptoms, but the luvox has helped with the OCD symptoms, and they recently put me on celexa for the depression/anxiety aspect of my condition, so I will have to see how that goes. They had to take me off prozac cus it made me feel too wired, and I was glad to get off that. If I want to feel that way I will drink five or six cups of coffee for the same effect, tyvm.

Gotta love the anonymity of the net. :wink:

actually, I am prolly more like the main protaganist of adam's books, mostly bewildered by all the shit going on in life. ;) 8)

10. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

11. Schmed

Schmed New Member

Yea , if we want to know who you are, we find out....

12. MEDICVET

MEDICVET New Member

dang, some pretty interesting shit on that other thread to which you provided the link. What was it he had done that was so trollish, besides being so juvenile as to post under mps on this site? and why even bother? hell, if I want to argue with myself I can do it under the same screen name and just say I'm schizophrenic.

no I can't

yes I can

no I can't

yes I can

no I can't

see? :p :p :p

just kiddin on that one, by the way..the other stuff I mentioned in the previous post is true, tho, about the PTSD, et al. And while I have plenty of skeletons in my closet, for the most part, the bodies are buried where they can't be found, so I'm not too concerned. :wink:

seriously tho, to really expect privacy and total anonymity even on the net would make me more blonde than I look, and I am not that stupid. I have a reasonable expectation of it, but I also know that this is life and expectations aren't always met. so cie la fucking vie. ;)

but thanks for the info. 8)

13. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

...and then Dwaine shows up looking for food.

Barry

14. MEDICVET

MEDICVET New Member

Nobody ever shows up around me wanting to eat and goes away hungry.

If I ever become rich (which would prolly be via some kind of Anna Nicole Smith thing :wink: :twisted: 8) ) I will begin my own charity.

I will call it 'FREE FUCKING FOOD'.

no forms to fill out no criteria to meet. if you are hungry show up and we give food or a meal or food and a meal. period.

if you can't handle no restrictions put on the giveaway you are free to contribute.

If people are hungry they should be able to fucking eat.

15. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

I admire your generousity. Concering Dwaine however - he is a nice guy but he tends to be a little unpredictable when it comes feed time. If he shows up, feed him. Just be sure to pass the food under the door without unlocking it. Don't worry, he won't be offended. Dwaine is used to being fed through locked doors.

See here - http://fugly.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6205

Barry

16. Schmed

Schmed New Member

I saw this movie opening midnight. It's one of my all time favorite books (all 5 and the short story) possibly ever. The movie was horrid, just awful, I gave it rougly a "C". Didn't follow the book, and lost to much dialogue. Anyone else see it??

17. Dimples

Dimples New Member

im too poor to watch movies unless they are in the $1 ex-rental bin at blockbuster.

18. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

I had planeed to see it, but there's no fucking way I'm gonna now.

19. Oberon

Oberon New Member

I AM a stranger in a strange land.....but used to be a solitaire in space :twisted:

do not grok everything yet need some more months wil communicate further details soon :evil:

20. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

Wrong book Micheal Valentine Smith. How's Jubal?