Hey Lomo - Help Needed

Discussion in 'Cars' started by phatboy, Jan 27, 2009.

1. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I found this, I am looking at it on Thursday.

1996 Rodeo
    150k miles
    V-6
    5-sp
    4wd

Is there anything I should check that you might have the low down on? I usually get Hondas, but this thing looks really good (I got some interior pics and it is clean).

What's your synopsis?

2. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

I had a Rodeo.. I think it was a 00 or 01... cant remember. It was a good car, had to get the EGR thingy cleaned all the time.

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Yeah, same here with a Honda Passport (same car).

4. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I found an 88 Nissan Ex Cab 4x4 V-6 for $950. So I pushed back the Isuzu till friday and will look at the Nissan instead on thursday. I had one in the past and they are mucho dependable.

5. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Well,

I went ahead and got the 88 Nissan SEV-6 Ex-Cab 4x4 for 800.00.

I will post pics when I get around to taking them.

I did notice on Saturday as I cruised through some junk yards, there are a ton of Isuzu Rodeos and Honda Passports out there. I mean like 2 or 3 on every row of imports. It was crazy. I need some trim pieces for mine, and some seats too(a little tattered), but all in all it's pretty solid. I will take a plethora of 'before pics' so when I am done you can see the masterpiece I created.

6. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I miss Passy. May she rest in pieces. :frown:

Been thinking about trying to find one. It was a good vehicle that held up well in a nasty wreck. I'm all about cars that fair well in accidents. I will die in my car, I think. I'm pretty sure that is what is going to take me out.

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Phatty...

I will say this much, those things are built like fucking tanks. I've been through a few situations where either I was fucking stupid, or the incident was fucking unavoidable, and what might have either been an expensive repair, a rollover, or other undesirable event with anything else this thing shook off like a wet dog and water.

Get a larger oil filter with the same threading, though. Try the 51344 Wix (has a 16 psi bypass valve which is closer to the factory Isuzi filter of 20 psi (Isuzu 8971406660))

Other than the oil consumption (when using the standard filter - about to try the larger one next time I change it) - the vehicle is mechanically sound.

I do have a problem with my AC, and it's been a thorn in my side since I bought the thing (new.) Will go into that later, when I've more time to post...