Hey all stupid Obama Care proponents crying crocodile tears for the "unfortunate"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Joeslogic, Oct 17, 2010.

1. BullGod666

BullGod666 Member

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

And also I'd like to point out regarding the 9 non-domestic cars on the list.

1. none are Hyundai

2. Of the 9 non-domestics, 1 is Asian and 8 are Western European.

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Is the higher return rate on Vizios proportionate to the higher number of sold units? Didn't know that about Acer, but always heard e-machines were crap.

What brand(s) do you personally like, TV-wise?

At the end of the day you're still driving a Rabbit.:eek:

(Couldn't resist that one...)

4. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

No let me guess Curtis Mathis

Epic fail as soon as they went union.

5. BullGod666

BullGod666 Member

Yes, the rates are proportionate to the amount sold. Vizio came to the forefront of the TV sales at the time of the economic downturn. Samsung was the best selling TV in the US prior to that. People went for the cheaply made cheap TV to save money..

I prefer Samsung, Sharp and Sony TVs. Highest quality overall. I own 1 Samsung, 2 sharps and a Pioneer Plasma.

At the end of the day I'm still driving a rabbit on steroids.

6. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Hmmm... That sounds familiar... :rolleyes:

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Maybe I'm didn't phrase that clearly, but your answer doesn't seem to match your original stance on the subject. By proportionate to amount sold, then how is the overall quality worse? If you sell 500 Vizios for every 100 of the more expensive brands, and your return ratio is still 5:1, how is the quality worse? Are you saying that there are more Vizio returns, but it's because you sold that many more sets?

Like your picks, but don't really have any experience with Sharp lately. I've got two Samsung HDs, 19 & 47" (very happy with the quality,) a Sony Bravia LCD 40" (picture is fantastic, I'm hoping my luck with Sony reliability, or lack thereof, is better than in the past,) a Westinghouse POS LCD 47" (decent picture, but a faint ghost of the OSD, even after it's supposed to fade away, prevents me from even using it.)

Oh, also a 32" LCD I bought last year on Black Friday, still haven't even taken it out of the box except to make sure it turned on, can't even remember what brand it is, was going to use it as a PC monitor, never got around to it.

Oh, and be careful with steroids, I hear they make your balls shrink... :biggrin:

8. BullGod666

BullGod666 Member

Maybe I fucked it up, after reading my answer again I see I did. Failure rate on vizios to samsung is probably 5:1 or higher.

I used my 32 as a monitor for a while, too big for my liking.

9. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

What about Emerson? I know that name has been bought/sold a few times since it was a decent name.

I think it was Black Friday a year ago when I was drunk and still awake near 5AM in the morning. There was a Walmart ~ 2 min from where I was, and by 5:20, I was back with a $250 TV.

It hasn't broken yet!

(of course, the only time I've used it was for like 2 minutes turning it on a year ago and checking for dead pixels... Might have something to do with my success story.)

As far as using it as a PC monitor, it's original intention was to mount it on the wall, replacing the 19" LCD on the jukebox PC hooked up to the old school speakers and turntable. Jukebox PC is down right now, so it sits in the box, waiting.

I'd feel like a cat on top of a pinball machine trying to follow the mouse cursor on the desktop PC. :biggrin:

10. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Black Friday at Walmart drunk....... sounds tempting, but I bet I would end up in a fist fight.

11. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

The only other time I went to one of these events was almost a decade earlier at a Best Buy... I remember getting there right at opening, and walking in alongside those folks that lined up along the side of the building. It was my first experience with a free-for-all Black Friday event, and after finding what I wanted, I said 'fuck it' when I realized the line was serpentined around most of the store with a two-hour waiting period at the halfway mark.

The Walmart thing was handled much better the year I was drunk and still up. They had their sale items staged in a dozen places around the store, gave everyone a map to the locations, and passed out tickets for the items for people in line equal to their stock. I got there close to 5AM, got a ticket, got my shit, walked to the checkout (before all the families re-integrated,) and was home 20 minutes after the line started moving.

Had I been drunk a few years earlier at Best Buy, I know I'd have gotten into it with a few people.