Grey Gardens

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by BIGMAMA, May 29, 2009.

1. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

I have never seen the original, only clips on youtube.

anyway I was at my sister's house and she had tivoed the HBO new movie with Drew Barrymore (I hate her)

That was the longest fucking movie I have ever seen... it just kept draggin on and on. I dont see why so many fags and other people are obsessed with this. I did not find it interesting at all. So what if they were kin to Jackie O... so what if they lived in filth and were poor after being rich. Everyone seems to think that Jackie O was a saint for cleaning the place up for them... she did it to lessen the embarrassment on her... and to make her look like a saint. I admit I felt sorry for them a little... but guess what - there millions of people in worse off conditions. boohoo.... this movie sucked, and the cult following sucks, and well whatever

2. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I love Little Edie. I love the way she talks. The Beales of Grey Gardens is actually better than the original, but I like them both. I caught it a couple of years back on IFC and couldn't stop watching. I can pop that in and watch it any time. She's very quotable and fun to watch. I like old run down houses and raccoons. She fed raccoons in her house. They would come out of the walls. I would have liked to have seen the house. I just wouldn't have wanted to smell it.

Big Edie was hilarious too. One of my fave things was when she said to Little Edie, "Your face is so ugly! Look at that! A woman's supposed to be pretty!"

I wouldn't watch the Barrymore version. I fucking HATE Drew Barrymore.

There is a drag queen that does Little Edie impressions. It's kinda scary. My fag friend loves it after I gave him the movies. I don't know why gay men want to be Little Edie so much.

I've posted it before, but I really wish this would come out on DVD"

http://www.frankandcindy.com/frank_and_cindy/Frank_&_Cindy_-_Clips:_Trailer.html

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  3. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

I was impressed that Drew got her accent down perfect... we kept trying to copy it.

I would watch the footage... but I still dont see why people are crazy over it.

maybe it disturbs me because I have an odd feeling that that could be me in 20 years. Have a house paid for, no income, living in filth with a shitload of animals... eating ice cream.

I wonder who paid the taxes on the house.

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I can't get the accent down at all. I watched the preview of the movie with Drew Barrymore and I thought she sounded really monotone and flat. Little Edie had this sharpness to her voice and she was really animated. "Muuuaaatha Dawling!" I dunno. I just love her.

5. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Is this like ann of green gables?

6. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member