Grand Theft Auto Vice City

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Cheezedawg, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg Guest

THIS GAME IS THE SHIT!!! Its a lot like GTA3 but you can get all kinds of new weapons. Among them are meat cleavers, hammers, screwdrivers, golfclubs, swords, machetes, and check this out.... A CHAINSAW!! Things have been getting quite bloody around here the last two days. This shit is bad ass. Buy it today!

2. aznad

aznad New Member

GOT IT THE DAY IT CAME OUT. DANZA IS STUCK ON A MISSION (CANT REMEMBER THE NAME), IT'S ONE WITH THE CUBANS....THERE'S A FUCKING SNIPER THAT KEEPS KILLING MY ASS!!!!!!!!

3. Disorder

Disorder New Member

a few questions for ya cheese:

1. does it use the gta3 engine?
    2. is it as nice looking, or better?
    3. i've heard something about bikes, have they included them like in the original gta? if so, are the physics good?

4. 1337

1337 New Member

1:yes
    2:improved a bit, noticable but not something to write home about
    3: great physics, cept its kinda wierd when you fall off.
    you can do wheelies, stoppies, and if you turn to sharp you fall and you can bail off too.

5. aznad

aznad New Member

DANZA HAS FOUND 53 HIDDEN PACKAGES SO FAR, HOW MANY DO YA'LL GOT? AND DANZA THOUGHT THERE WERE GONNA BE PLANES TO FLY IN THIS ONE, SO FAR DANZA HAS ONLY FLOWN HELIOCHOPTERS.

RIGHT RIGHT LEFT UP L1 L2 LEFT UP DOWN RIGHT

6. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg Guest

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive:
    a few questions for ya cheese:

1. does it use the gta3 engine?
    2. is it as nice looking, or better?
    3. i've heard something about bikes, have they included them like in the original gta? if so, are the physics good?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HCWT answered most of this... but I like the whole 80s background. The soundtrack now uses real music. Here are some of the artists included:

Hall and Oates
    The Human League
    Micheal Jackson
    The Whispers
    Champaigne King
    Joe Jackson
    RUN DMC

There is also a couple of chatterbox stations and a mexican station. Among some of the other cool things I've found have been "The Village People" and "Mr. T," All were killed on sight with a chainsaw. That was worth the price itself.

In the four hours I've played it, I've only gotten 13 hidden packages. I'll get more though. Later!

7. 1337

1337 New Member

dont forget:
    Flock of Seagulls
    iron maiden
    judas preist
    Motley Crue
    Mega Death

and a shit load more.
    infact the sound track is 7 CDs.
    One time the dudes form Miami Vice can after me. I killed them with police batons, and stole their car, but wrecked it.

The cool thing you get to buy property.
    I own a strip club, cecream (cocaine) store, mansion, and more.

8. aznad

aznad New Member

DANZA SEEN THE VILLAGE PEOPLE, WHERE THE HELL IS MR. T AND CROCKETT & TUBBS? THERE IS ONE FAKE BAND, "LOVEFIST", THEY SING 3 SONGS.....FIST TIL MORNING, DOWN DOWN DOWN, DANGEROUS BASTARD. DANZA JUST MET THEM TOO.

9. Disorder

Disorder New Member

gta3 had a couple of 'proper' songs in there as well.

on the msx station (the drum'n'bass one) theres a few songs from a moving shadow cd that a bud of mine has. I got couple of the gta3 songs on here as mp3's, but they were actually ripped from this cd.

10. Disorder

Disorder New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote
    what about slamming in to vehicles? that was the funniest(and dangerous) part of riding a bike in gta.

11. Smokey McPot

Smokey McPot Member

I want a game where you can brutally rape and mutilate prostitutes and cut of their body parts and make love to them.

But I guess Vice City will do for now..

12. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg Guest

Laura Branagan
    The Fixx
    Kurtis Blow

I've got this sword I've been wrecking havoc with today. I like to Decapitate cops. I also found a flamethrower in a pool near Diaz's mansion. Much stronger than the ones from GTA3. Instant death.

HOw the hell do you beat "The Chase"??? That fucker outruns me every fucking time in the damn dune buggy. I'm getting pissed with it.

13. Tojo Burbage

Tojo Burbage New Member

Cheeze, what system you playing on? I am going to buying a 'games' centre for Christmas and this GTA sounds like the business...

14. Smokey McPot

Smokey McPot Member

Son, this game is the BIZNESS..

It's so cool it gets said in ghetto.

It will probably be banned over in jolly England like the first one was.

15. Tojo Burbage

Tojo Burbage New Member

I'd a thought getting a copy delivered wouldn't be much of a problem if ordered via the 'Net?

Or is there a 'regional' incompatability situation that I don't know about?

16. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive:
    on the msx station (the drum'n'bass one) theres a few songs from a moving shadow cd that a bud of mine has.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the msx station was moving shadow

17. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dubya Dubya 2:
    I'd a thought getting a copy delivered wouldn't be much of a problem if ordered via the 'Net?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

dubya, it'll be released in merry old england any time now..(tomorrow i think)

18. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dubya Dubya 2:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's the whole NTSC/PAL problem you'd run into... (Completely different TV systems over here).

At work, they buy shit from local retailers (returns, discontinued/clearance shit that doesn't sell, opened packages, etc) - and three copies of GTA:VC came in today, only one of the fuckers had the actual game inside. It's in mint condition, so I bought it for a paltry $25 - so now I've got two fucking copies of the game and currently no PS2 to play it on. Kinda reminds me of when the same shit happened with GTA3 (I think I even posted a pic here of the boxes)...

Oh well - I only bought this copy so I could ebay it. That should pay for my "Timesplitters 2" Xbox game I bought today...

And, yes Cheese - Vice City does kick some major ass. I fuckin' love the soundtrack, too... GTA3's soundtrack sucked hardcore, but they got their shit straight on this one. I couldn't believe they actually put Slayer on it, too...

19. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ~pimpchichi~:
    dubya, it'll be released in merry old england any time now..(tomorrow i think)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes i popped into the gameshop in wigan today and it's on sale NOW!

20. Tojo Burbage

Tojo Burbage New Member

Fuck it I'm going to try and buy it this weekend, I can't wait 'til Christmas...