Got my cholesterol checked

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by Nauseous, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

It was 146. I can't remember what my LDL and HDL were, but they were in the normal range. My triglycerides were 45.

The experience sucked. They blew my vein (as always) and someone puked in the registration area and it hadn't been cleaned up for over a day. I told the girl who was registering me that it stunk really bad and she said people had been complaining since yesterday that it stunk. Then I showed her the huge spot of dried puke on the floor. I walked through every mudpuddle I could find on the way to the car and had to Lysol my shoes and the floorboard of my car when I got to work.

Hospitals are disgusting.

2. Icenhour

Icenhour New Member

one time I was an ER when I was pregnant with my first son... they sent me into a room for an ultrasound. on the exam table was a big mushy turd and the smell in the room made me sick.

some hospitals are nasty... or they get a few nasty people that ruin it.

My son was getting an IV put in for a day of blood testing... The lab nurse was a ghetto black chick with loooong nasty natural nails that had food under them. They put on gloves, then tear out the finger tip - Whats the point in putting gloves on if remove the only part that touches you?

She poked him like 4 times and could not get a vain. I took him out and went to a supervisor and told them maybe if your nurse would trim her hooves she could get a vain.

I am not really a racist - but it seems like the most retarded ghetto black bitches seem to get jobs at hospitals here in Atlanta.

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

One thing I've noticed, being a 'casual' :rolleyes: consumer of alcoholic beverages: High blood pressure and cholesterol never are a problem, and my diet consists of a considerable ratio of foods rich in both.

Woe be me when I finally put down the ethanol.

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Yeah. Alcohol will lower your HDL. But who wants that?

5. phatboy

phatboy New Member

The numbers are good. my last non-fasting was up near 2bills. But hey, I am phatboy, so what do they expect.

I would not have anything done in a hospital if it was nasty like that. Either of them. I hate the 'bon qui qui' attitude you get. We have a couple of good hospitals here, and one VA, but they are pretty tame. The VA sucks, but other than that the pickings are ok. MCG is a 'school' which keeps me out of it, but University is a good Hospital.

6. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I gove blood at Lifesouth. I can check my cholesterol level on their website. I'm around 150-ish, I think.

7. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

BTW, "gove" is the new "gave" for those keeping score at home.

8. Fat-N-Sassy

Fat-N-Sassy New Member

Yew had it rite the furst tyme.

9. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Gove is smug right?

10. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Non-fasting makes a difference. I was fasting.

11. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Fasting better, or more accurate?

Ive never done a non-fasting one.

12. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I think it affects your triglycerides and LDL if you aren't fasting but not so much your total cholesterol level.