Frontline

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by BIGMAMA, Apr 13, 2009.

1. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

I had a tube of Frontline Flea/Tick prevention.... I dont put it on my dogs..Advantage is better for fleas, and dont have a tick problem in my yard... anyway, I am glad I have it because...

for 2 days I have felt something crawl in my head... I am sure it is a tick...it will crawl for about 30-45 seconds... then stop for like 2-3 hours. I have washed my hair 4 times... and still feel it. SO I just said fuck it and put drops of Frontline here and there all over my head...

now watch my hair fall out. I just wanted to tell someone what I did in case I die in my sleep... if I still feel the little bastard crawling ... I guess I will go to a salon and I dont know.

oh my god... it just hit me, what if I have lice....I could have caught it at the hotel, or on a ride, or standing in line, or from the arab's dad... probably some strange strand of Moroccan lice... oh god... I am itching all over soooo bad now. ok now my head itching all over, but I know it is mental... this sucks, I know I will get NO sleep tonight. I bet Ivermectin kills lice... it kills mange (mites)

Im gonna have a head full of veterinary products. I have a feeling this is going to be a bad hair week.

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Now that's nuts. Not going to bother with research but instead see if I remember correctly off the top of my head but I believe Defend works with the insect reproductive system making I believe the female steral. [sp] I hope you know what that word is I'm to fucked up right now to spell.

I would not want that shit on my scalp.

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Have you tried Selenium Sulfide yet?

There's Rx strength 'lotion' and regular shit found in OTC "Selsun Blue" - antifungal compound used to treat dandruff and other infectious organisms... Sure you already have this shit at the vet clinic...

4. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

no dandruff... I felt something craw in my head. I got up and took another shower at like 4am... I was itching. Never had any itches till like Monday.

Funny I did not have an itch till I read this thread since I woke up. But I dont feel the crawler yet... I got the word "lice" on my mind... so that is why I am itching. I think I will just color my hair today... if anything is nested in my head... that should kill it. I am just paranoid about lice,and ticks.

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I know how you feel. I used to work in this afterschool program at this scummy school years ago and I was so afraid to get near the kids because I thought I would get lice and ticks love me so I am always freaking out about them. Frontline will kill a tick 24 hours after they have already biten a dog (I think), but it won't repel them and unfortunately a shower won't do anything to them. Water doesn't faze them a bit. I always get biten by ticks... every year. Doesn't matter where I go, they always find me. God, it's making me itch now. I usually end up finding one on my torso. Like one was attached to the side of my boob last year after being out in the woods for like 10 minutes. I didn't even feel it. I came home and took a shower and that's when I found it. Yuck. And then I got pityriasis rosacea and I swear the tick somehow caused it.

I think you are freaking yourself out. Have someone check your head really good and take some Benadryl.

6. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

got him... or her... ok got IT. I was driving and feeling all over my head... got a dead tick out. he was dead dead... legs curled up . Last night at like 4am I went to the RV (the clinic) pulled 3cc of Ivermectin... squirted it into a dixie cup...mixed it with conditioner... and put it on my head and all over my body... I had started thinking about body lice from Morocco... anyway... I guess it killed the tick, or the frontline did... anyway, no more itching. except now, because I am talking about it.

and yeah my hair looks like shit today, as do I since I have had NO sleep.

7. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I would have shaved my head.

Uggh. Now im feeling all creepy crawly. Thanks!

I think that creepshow episode with the old dude that hated roaches scarred me as a kid, you know the one where he had the ultra white pad and would vacuum roaches up if he saw them, then he would spray all the time, then in the end they all came out and devoured him, yea, I saw that when I was like 6 or 7.

Then Arachnophobia when I was like 15 with my older brothers girlfriend while he was at sea. Yea, I couldnt scooch down enough in the seat.

8. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

some movie scared me as a kid, a little monster was in a toilet ... so I was scared to use it. I would be peeing and hear something and jump off the potty and piss all in the floor... so I started peeing in the tub. Forget about taking a dump... for a while I would squat and shit on a pile of TP , then throw it in the potty and wipe. I have no idea what the movie was, or how old I was... I know my sister caught me pooping on the TP on the floor and ran outside and told everyone. I denied it and told her to PROVE IT. Everyone came in and I had already flushed the evidence... so she looked stupid.

I think this was about the same time in my life when our little war started... I started doing stuff to her toothbrush- she was bitch, and deserved my anal germs...and boogers in her mouth.

9. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Critters.

I seen that, never really worried about it though, the hole in the toilet isnt that big, you might be able to get a snake through the P-Trap, but I dont think something the size of a koala bear would fit.

10. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Don't ever say, "I seen" again. It's to me like loose/lose is to you. :eek:

11. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

eww today on talk radio they mentioned a huge number of bed bug reports. And that the EPA are investigating the new outbreaks. I started itching... thinking, yeap at that resort in FL I must have brought home bed bugs... I had my action plan ready... I had the chemical mix already in my head... as itched all the way home. Then I decided to look up bed bugs... OMG they are fucking huge. How do people get those. I had imagined some microscopic mite... but no, they are like blood sucking roaches

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfKCcSPCOQo

anyway, I am sure I dont have them... but I just went to go to sleep, and kept itching. SO in my crazy mind, I now have micrscopic mites in my bed. SO I took a shower, and I spayed my bed down with alcohol. I think that should kill my imaginary mites. I am sooo fucking sleepy, I had no sleep last night. I am just waiting for the bed to dry so I can put clean sheets on.

anyway... sleep tight , dont let the bed bugs bite. Google the news on bed bugs ... here I will do for you http://news.google.com/news?sourcei...11&q=bed bugs&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wn

12. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

look how short that guy cuts his toenails...

13. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

It's always easier to see from the outside in, isn't it?

*not meant as a low-blow, just perhaps an eyelash raiser? ;)

14. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Goddammit, now I've got phatboy syndrome and want that edit feature...

I meant, "eyebrow raiser"

15. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I'm trying not to. Geez.

Maybe he's the prodigal son of evolution, and in a few generations, through the selective nature of evolution itself, all the keratin we use to form our nails will be diverted to other areas, possibly even a spiny defense mechanism on the gluteus maximus of the male anatomy around the wallet area to protect us from our own predatory government???

That reminds me... Did y'all hear how fucking cold it was in Washington this morning?

It was so fucking cold, the politicians had their hands in their own pockets...

16. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I went through that scare when I had that pityriasis rosacea last summer. I thought I had bedbugs, freaked out, scrubbed my bed with all kinds of shit and went to the urgent care. They told me it was folliculitis. I waited two days and went back because it was getting worse. Then he told me I had ringworm. I went to Walmart, bought a blacklight, shined it all over myself and I did not glow, so I knew he was wrong. Besides, it didn't look like ringworm. I had ringworm before from a stray cat and I knew that it wasn't ringworm, so I googled high and low and found pityriasis rosacea and knew that's what I had, but went to the plastic surgeon (couldn't get to the dermatologist quick enough) and he looked at me and told me it was pityriasis rosacea after literally two seconds.

I'm waiting for the ticks. I have one dog that the ticks love too. So her and I always end up with them and no one else does. Frontline doesn't repel them and the vets around here won't RX advantix. But I just took all three to a new vet yesterday and forgot to ask and just got Frontline again.

17. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

1800 petmeds or http://www.jefferspet.com/ssc/depts.asp?CID=0&BrowseList=616

18. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

One of my dogs had two ticks today. One was on her ear and the other one was crawling on her leg. So now I am freaking out and sleeping on white sheets so I can see anything that might be crawling. I hate Frontline. Does Advantix repel ticks and mosquitoes? You said something about Advantage. What's the difference?

19. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

different drugs.

I only use Advantage, for fleas on my pets. We dont have a tick problem in my yard. I hate Frontline, it does not do 1/2 as good on fleas as Advantage. But since you have ticks, I guess you better use the frontline.

20. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Okay. I just like the Advantix commericials. I don't have a flea problem. Haven't seen a flea yet (but I will now) but the ticks around here are ridiculous. I think it's me. I attact them no matter where I go. I've been biten a ton of times. I have never been tested, but I probably have Lyme's Disease.