Freedom of speech, with the added bonus of total anonymity

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by canine_STD, Feb 27, 2003.

1. canine_STD

canine_STD New Member

How fucked up is this? Seems they can now just take over your site whenever they feel like it.

2. Doghead

Doghead New Member

Well, it was a plea bargain so there's not necessarily any precedent established making this Coinstitutional. It's not likely anyone doing this sort of thing is gonna have the ability to fight it on free speech grounds, though. And they were doing a bit more than fair use allows, after all.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A10376-2003Feb27.html

3. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

4. tommy710

tommy710 Active Member

Does that mean isonews is down for good now,i used that all the time wheni was on irc,fuck me i gotta get online again instead of begging time om my mtes comp.

5. canine_STD

canine_STD New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Son of Spam:
    Well, it was a plea bargain so there's not necessarily any precedent established making this Coinstitutional. It's not likely anyone doing this sort of thing is gonna have the ability to fight it on free speech grounds, though. And they were doing a bit more than fair use allows, after all.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who gives a fuck if it is part of a plea bargain? They shouldn't even be asking for the domain. What's next? Run a red light and they take your car? Fuck that.