Ford Recall

Discussion in 'Cars' started by phatboy, Jun 10, 2009.

1. phatboy

phatboy New Member

So I was having an issue with my F-250 where it was not coming out of Park. I would have to turn the key forward to the Accessory setting, pull the transmission shifter into Nuetral, then crank the truck. The first thing I did was go online and put my VIN in the Ford website to check for any recalls that may be related. Nothing. So I replace the stop lamp switch, thinking it was bad because it tells the PCM that the trucks brake pedal has been pushed. It helped for about an hour, so I am thinking there is something grounding out popping a fuse. Find the fuse, but no dice finding the harness anywhere causing it to ground.

Get on the internet again, find a Ford truck forum and start looking around. Finally found a person with an Excursion that had the same issue. He told me what he replaced and when I called the dealership to check on the price, the service guy says, 'oh there was a recall, you should stop by and we can check the VIN'

So yesterday afternoon in, in about 30 minutes, they did the recall and it is working fine again. There is a cruise control sensor on the front edge of the master cylinder, the sensor was leaking brake fluid down into the wire/plug, causing it to short out the fuse.

So what is the point of having a VIN search on your stupid ass site if it doesnt work????

I should have stuck with Dodge.

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member