Food stamps for fat people

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Nauseous, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I say make them carry special debit cards that will only buy certain items. No Twinkies, beer, cigarettes... Only healthy food items but even then they just find a way to game the system.

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I read somewhere that one proposal was giving them kickbacks for buying healthy food. WTF? Give them kickbacks on free shit?!

I'm a skinny bitch and when I am low on funds, the first place I cut back is food and these fat fuckers get to live high on the hog. :mad:

4. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Ask someone who works as a cashier at a store. You think they don't see people on food stamps driving a new Lexus and setting their 300.00 phone on the counter to get to their food stamps in their Goochi [sp] purse?

Their kids get meal tickets for their cafeteria food at school no packing a lunch like my parents had me do.

I have not had a game console since the 80s these people so called living in poverty, and looking for the next govt program to buy them a house, usually have the latest if not the latest three consoles and plenty of games lying around the house.

5. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

6. Aballister

Aballister New Member

Yeah but that would cost a ton of cash to set up and to distribute. Not a good solution if the goal is to save money.

Although, I must admire your contempt for the less fortunate, even in a hypothetical scenario you make them out to be sly and unscrupulous.

7. Aballister

Aballister New Member

That's a situation that should make all the right-wingers out there jizz their pants, wouldn't it? You don't pay, you don't get shit. Even when it's $75 to save your home and potentially your family. Who would want that communist snake-oil of "helping each other out"? Isn't it better when skipping a payment means losing all of your earthly possesions?

8. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  9. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

10. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

Are you sure those were democrats on that escaltor and not just lazy people?

11. Aballister

Aballister New Member

Yeah that's right. I get up in the morning just wishing that there is a double standard out there. When I find one, I become ecstatic.

12. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

That is apparent.

13. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

14. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

The welfare people have cards. Or at least they do in this state. I have talked to people about it. Most of them will buy a bunch of shit and not see how much of a balance they have left and then once it's all rang up and the card is swiped, they have to start taking shit off. Most of them have a shitty ass attitude and are the worst to wait on. I couldn't do it. I wouldn't be able to bite my tongue hard enough.

I understand people need help sometimes, but too many people abuse it and I don't think that the already obese should be given free junk food. It raises the cost of healthcare because these fat unhealthy fucks have all kinds of illnesses due to their lifestyle and it just opens a whole new can of worms.

"Let them eat cake!" It's fucking true in America.

15. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I used to work as a cashier for a grocery store back in high school. It was sickening to see just how much abuse the system got. Back then, before the 'cards' were issued, actual paper bills were used for food stamps. They came in a booklet, and in $1, $5, and $10 denominations. Change would be issued in $1 stamps, and anything under a dollar would be returned as ordinary change.

Some people would go through the line several times with a single jalapeno pepper (sold by the lb.) and get 99c back in change, only until they had enough money to buy a six-pack of beer. Others would buy all kinds of junk food, and individually-packaged 'single-serving' treats (like tiny cups of ice cream for a kid's party.) I once had to go talk to the store director because some bitch complained when I looked at her order and said, "Y'kno... I don't think this kind of food is what they had in mind when they came up with that program." :biggrin:

Oh, and don't get me started with Medicaid. Interesting note, however - they place no limits on birth control with Medicaid. Smart move.

16. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

My insurance company won't pay for a vasectomy but pregnancy is 100% covered. Riddle me that.