First concert you attended

Discussion in 'Music' started by Nauseous, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I saw Sonic Youth. Sonic Youth's "Dirty" was also the first CD I ever bought.

2. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Dr. Feelgood - Motley Crue.

Augusta, GA

They arrested Tommy Lee for 'mooning' the crowd.

Faster Pussycat opened up for them.

3. Icenhour

Icenhour New Member

Grateful Dead. (first boyfriend was a hippy) First concert I went to ... that I wanted to was Front 242

4. moremetal4mepls

moremetal4mepls New Member

King Diamond. Post Mercyful Fate days..

5. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Sesame Street on Ice.

6. Gibbyhaynesbrowneye

Gibbyhaynesbrowneye New Member

Kiss 1983 in support of Creatures of The Night record with Plasmatics as openers. My mom did not want to go so she bought a co-worker and me a ticket. Despite the fact my mom used to put lit cigs out on my face I love her for this act of kindness. I was a Kiss fanatic. I was 13 and Kiss had fallen wayyyyyyyy outta the spotlight and when I got to see program I was really bummed that Ace had quit! Of course we were poor so I didnt get a program but I did get a button. When I got home my mother stuck it through my nipple anyways I digress. Thats how far they had fallen from grace I didnt even know Ace had quit.

7. Bamboozle

Bamboozle New Member

Memories...

8. BullGod666

BullGod666 Member

Frank Zappa, Chicago 1971, last stop before recording the white album "Live at the Fillmore East"

9. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

KISS 1979 Dynasty tour. Original lineup.

10. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Pat Travers played in Houston must have been like 83 maybe.

11. Piggy Piggy

Piggy Piggy New Member

Stravinsky...Paris...1913...

BullGod666 likes this.
  12. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

No Kidding????? Man that is so weird!!! I WAS THERE TOO!!!!!

I still have the cover from the original program.

13. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I guess I was a 'late bloomer' of sorts... Of course, I replied with the ill-noticed joke about Sesame Street on Ice, but to answer the thread honestly, it would have to be the first 'solo' concert Rob Zombie had here in town, right after 'Hellbilly Deluxe' hit. If I recall correctly, there were 4 bands: Fear Factory, Monster Magnet, Godsmack, and Rob Zombie (whom faithfully violated the current local ban on pyrotechnics during his show - props.) He always does put on a good show, come to think of it. Doesn't surprise me that Powerman 5000 completely, ashamedly, and absolutely deserving of applaud, upstaged the band they were supposed to 'open for' during the Korn concert a couple years later (which cost me nothing, mind you - won tickets during a Best Buy grand opening/radio station tie-in) - Hell, Disturbed worked the crowd more than Korn.

Yeah, they had a big, inflatable balloon, and an elaborate intro - but who gives a fuck. Their performance on stage was completely inferior to the bands that preceded them. They didn't interact with the crowd, just played their set and said "thanks..." - then left. It was fucking pathetic.

Any respect I had for Korn during their first album was lost that night. I can't even fucking believe it - they've got the gall to release a "Greatest Hits" album?!? Shouldn't that be a single? :rolleyes:

14. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I've seen Korn three times. The first time, Zombie opened and he was awesome. Korn rocked, too. The second time was with Powerman5000 and Papa Roach and they still rocked. Last time was a few years ago, just before Head Welch left and they were lame.

I saw Disturbed on a larger bill with Mudvayne, Linkin Park, Papa Roach, and Slipknot. While Mudvayne opened, Dave Draiman (Disturbed singer) was hanging out on the floor by the sound board rocking out to them. He'd stop and pose for pics with fans, then go back to wathcing the show from the floor. I thought it was cool that he supported the other acts and moved among the audience instead of just hanging out backstage.

15. Acne

Acne New Member

Eddie Rabbit when I was a kid.

16. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

That dude always did seem cool... Except when I started talking about his mom... ;)

17. GAS

GAS New Member

I saw Korn when they were touring after their second album came out. The Urge and Pharcyde opened up for em and all 3 of them were fucking spectacular. Korn put on a hell of a show. No crazy pyrotechnics or anything, they just rocked the shit.

18. Gibbyhaynesbrowneye

Gibbyhaynesbrowneye New Member

I love Korn on the Kob with lotsa butter and salt..........

The shitty Numetal band...........not so much!

19. GAS

GAS New Member

Granted they are pretty terrible now but they were the first of the "nu-metal" bands.

Their first two albums were really good I thought then that style of music caught on and every dipshit that could play barre chords and write lyrics about life sucking started a band just like em and it just went downhill from there.

20. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I'm with that. After they had some success, Jonathan didn't have as much angst in which to writhe. The first two albums were really raw and visceral. All that was real. As they became more experimental to avoid the pigeon-hole that they'd help to create, they lost some of their edge. I do like several tracks off of their later works, though, but the last two or three lost me.

If this bores you all, GAS and I will start a KoRn thread. So there.