Favre

Discussion in 'Sports' started by MAJ Havoc, Jul 15, 2008.

?

Should Brett Favre stay retired?

1. Stick a fork in him

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. He's still got game, the Packers should take him back

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Let him embarrass himself with another team

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Should he stay or should he go?

2. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I think he should hang up his cleats. We've seen jocks stick around too long and others leave and return and make no impact. John Elway did it right. So did Jerome Bettis. Not everyone can leave on a Superbowl high note but sometimes it better just to leave. Anyone remember Emmitt Smith as a Cardinal? No? Reggie White with the Carolina Panthers? Hmm? I think Favre could only make his exit more forgettable if he came back. And it's unfair to Green Bay who has been patiently waiting for him to step down because no one wanted to "break the streak."

He's a first ballot Hall of Famer but he needs to take a step down to get to Canton. Trade in that jersey for a broadcast booth blazer and await your induction, Brett.

3. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Come on really? He threw for over 4000 yards last year with a less than stellar supporting cast. If they would have pursued Randy Moss like he pushed them to, he would have gotten his ring last year and been done. Its GBs fault for getting all jew when it comes down to putting their money where their mouth is. How bad is it to go after some upper level talent. Not just Moss, but at) too. Favres arm has made a lot of defenses play real honest, and less than average RBs have gotten yards, exploit that shit. The man can throw a football 60 yards, flat footed.

Fuck green bay, I used to like them. A small town NFL team with a college atmosphere. It was family not a business. The whole town shuts down on gameday. Now they are just a bunch of snivelling pussies like all the other teams. Send his ass back to Atlanta, Matt Ryan needs the tutilage (sp?) And Favre can kick hell out of GB in the winter. That's what their punk asses are worried about. If you release a QB and he comes back and they show your game on 'Punkd' then you get what you deserve. Man up and admit he's better at 38 than anyone else you got on the team (at QB) and Aaron Rogers is a punk collecting a paycheck praying that Favre doesn't get hurt.

4. GAS

GAS New Member

He's had a good run, it's time for some new blood methinks.

Also, I hope Randy Moss dies in a terrible manner.

5. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Like in a rabid hampster felching incident?

6. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Schmed, how is it for a GB fan? Is Brett holding them hostage with this reinstatement? Is AAron Rodgers being strung along? Do you think he'll ask for a trade if Favre comes back?

7. Schmed

Schmed New Member

I have no comment on this...well I have tons but I'm opting to stay mostly quiet.

8. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Im not sure what spin they are going to put on it, but it looks like the Pack were commited to aaron rogers until the first week of camp. Looks like he stunk it up and now they are in holy crap mode. Favre will pass him on the depth chart in a matter of days. Its not a contest when its a pro bowler who threw for over 4k yards last year and a young guy that really hasnt done anything.

I understand their annoyance at Favre, especially when the pissed away a draft pick on another QB, but they only have themselves to blame for not allowing him the time to decide for himself what he wants to do. They should have asked him, "Hey we are thinking about picking up another QB in the draft, if you are thinking of coming back we can use that pick somewhere else" Favre would have retorted, "save your QB pick for Matt Stafford next year, then I wont have a chance to get my job back..." ( :) ) yea I know. .. . ..

But Stafford is a Favre type QB. He has no 'lob' 5ft or 60yards its a bullet. They cant pick it off if it breaks their fingers.... :)

9. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Why the holdout, Schmed? Awaiting a new contract? I won't forward this to Brett. You can tell me.

Anyway, he's on the roster for now. Looks like #4 will continue his streak. I understand A-Rod stunk it up in the intrasquad scrimmage. Maybe he should go to Minnesota.

10. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

This just in:

Early this morning, Brett took a piss, then 30 minutes later a poop. Later in the morning, he leaned to one side and cut a Fatre.

More to follow in this saga.

11. phatboy

phatboy New Member

So looks like he walked out of practice today about 3. Something about not wanting to be a distraction and stuff then being tricked into something he wasnt wanting...yadda yadda...

12. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

B-R-E-T-T, Brett! Brett! Brett! is going to the J-E-T-S, Jets! Jets! Jets!

Looks like Chad Pennington will be looking for work.

13. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Im sure the falcons will pick him up......

Im glad to see brett out of GB, wish he had went somewhere like Miami or TB. Then I could have seen him play in Atl against the falcoons.

Oh well. I will check there schedule and see if the Jets are on it (Im sure they are not).....

14. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

The terms of the deal are:
    Brett for a 4th round pick, unless.....
    he takes 50% of the snaps, then it's a 3rd round pick, unless....
    he takes 70% of the snaps and the Jets make the playoffs, then it's a 2nd round pick, unless...
    he takes 80% of the snaps and the Jets make it to the Super Bowl, then it's a 1st round pick.

If he does well, Green Bay still can benefit. If he stinks, they benefit by having made the trade. But one can't say that a Super Bowl appearance is a good trade for a 1st rounder, yet to be determined.

It sure makes things more interesting in the League.

15. Schmed

Schmed New Member

Jet Favre......just a sad end to an amazing career.

16. phatboy

phatboy New Member

If the Jets trade him I think the fallout clause is 3 first rounders.

I saw that on ESPN.

17. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

If they trade him to Minnesota, or I guess any other division rival.

And as shitty as the Jets are without Favre, those would be high picks.

18. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Do the jets have a team to put around him?

Who's their RB, what WRs do they have? Coles, is he the only one?

He should have went to TB, at least then he'd have some supporting cast, and Jeff Garcia would shower him off after the games....

19. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Looks like he had to cut some laps yesterday for fumbling a snap. How funny is that, when they report that as 'news'....

20. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I'm sure the Jets/Redskins exhibition will grab great ratings (for a quarter).