Favre as a Jet.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JEFE, Sep 22, 2008.

1. JEFE

JEFE New Member

Schmed, what do you think? He looks lost. He looks like he might regret staying in the NFL.

Do you think that the man might end up fading out instead of burning away? That would be a shame.

The poor guy looks like he's defeated, or maybe he just needs to acclimate to the Jersey way of life, which has to suck.

In Green Bay, literally EVERone follows football. In NJ, it's almost like hockey. I don't think he's going to get the glory there and I think he feels it.

2. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

I think he doesn't regret returning to the NFL but he hates being a Jet. He wanted to be surrounded by a talented team that was a QB away from being a contender (Vikings). He got a consolation prize of being able to play on a weak team.

3. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Joe Namath comes to mind.

I think a future hall of famer should go out on top. I remember Namath in a Rams uniform looking old and worn. He only played three games before he was sidelined. He retired at the end of the season, and it was sad.

Favre could have retired from Green Bay and made millions in follow ups and TV stuff. A book would have been an easy sell. The GB fans adored him almost to the point of worship. His charades at the end will cost him money in the long run. I will be amazed if he finishes the season with NY.

4. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I think he looks like a QB thats not familiar with the system. Its different. I dont know why they dont have at least one receiver on a fly route, or post, on every play. Give him that 'out' if you will. He's not in the same shape Namath was in. Namath was broken down after years of abuse in NY, it is a miracle he can still walk, I would bet knee replacement. Unitas did it, Montana, Rice, Tony Dorsett. When they arent ready to go, let them do it there way let em do it. Its not like he doesnt have game left.

5. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Namath had both knees replaced. In the famous "I want to kiss you" scene he was likely high on Lortab as much as alcohol. He will never admit it though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc65NC44dSk&feature=related

6. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

He was wasted on something but I'd hook up with Suzy Kolber, too.

7. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Im holding out for erin andrews....

8. Schmed

Schmed New Member

Brett the Jet....

He is actually playing at decent level in NY. I think the defense there is the big problem.

He's on target for 3,625 yards and 30 tds (lets not forget 24 ints, but with brett thats what you get, especially in a new system) which is a good year by anyones standards. I think we forget that after waching Manning and Brady break massive single season records in the last 2-3 seasons, qbs dont throw for 40 or more touchdowns often at all.

Hw do I feel about this?? It's sort of like breaking up with a longterm girlfriend, you want here to be happy, you just don't want her to be with anyone else.

Ultimatly I hope the Jets make the playoffs, Green Bay gets a better draft pick that way.

I'll always remember Brett as a Packer and all the things he has done for GB, but it's over and time to move on, he just better not get in the Packers way while he is still playing, because on the field, he is dead to us.