ever get ...

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by BIGMAMA, Jun 3, 2009.

1. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

a weird tickle deep in your ear, like close to your throat... and try to itch it with a q tip... cant get deep enough,,, you try to to use your tongue, you make funny sounds (similar to words in arabic) and nothing works. ?

Does anyone know what I mean? I get this like once a month.. drives me crazy, lasts for about and hour. I tried to google it, but must not be using the right words... or I am the only one in the world that gets this ?

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I've got it before for no apparent reason ans also after a really hard sneeze where I held my mouth shut resulting in increased pressure on the inner ear drums from inside my throat.

3. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Drink a coke, or pop, and burp really loudly. If that doesnt take care of it then you need to do it again.

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

It's your Eustation tube. The only way I have been able to relieve the itch was by preparing to "hock a loogie". You actually have to do the throat part (the last part before you would spit). It's the throat part that actually gets it. You could skip the actual sucking the snot part.

I think it's the vibration that helps. That's what I do when it starts bothering me. I am the queen of ear problems.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  5. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

I have done plenty of that... it never works. That what I call the Arabic language sounds... The itch is gone now, but it will be back. I hate it. That trick workied when I was younger, just doesnt anymore. Another thing that worked before, was to have a big yawn.

6. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Hmm... it always works pretty well when I do it.

You could do the Valsalva maneuver, but I don't think it would help and it freaks me out to do it. You hold your nose and close your mouth and blow gently to pop your ears... but I think that's more of a pressure thing and that's not your problem.

7. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Maybe if you take the leather zipper mask off.......

:)

8. Robman97

Robman97 Member

I get that all the time, mostly right after I sneeze. The only thing that really works is to make the noise. Sadly, I sneeze a lot and usually four or five times in a row.

9. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Right now I got one of those little blister things under my tongue. (not herpes)... looks like a spit bubble... clear and when you pop it, metalic tasting clear stuff comes out. I wonder what those are? (not herpes)

10. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

I have gotten canker sores before... mostly when I was little. My grangfather always said ... "Means you are full shit" he claimed it was from not poopin properly - he was big on poop.

My father would say it is THE AIDS. hehe we have a whole family of medial professionals

http://www.treatblisters.com/tongueblisters.html

it might be some type of herpes. I had shingles as a kid... and that is a type of herpes. I have never had fever blisters... but every kid I was in school with did. I almost felt left out.
    My sister got cooter herpes from the first guy she fucked. The day after that she was at his house and his yelled out the window "Reid, did you take your herpes medicine" bummer huh

I then thought I got cooter herpes from sister wearing her pants... but turned out to be a fingernail cut.

So I have never had fever blisters, or cooter herpes (knock on wood) the only type of herpes I have had were the cankers and shingles... both as a kid.

11. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I thought shingles was from Chicken Pox, like it never left your system when you were little.

12. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

Chicken Pox is a form of herpes - I think.

yeah the Shingles was on my face, around my eye... it sucked I had to take like 25 pills a day. I told everyone at school it - my face was all crunchy from a spider bite.

13. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I have had canker sores. They aren't herpes... I have had them inside my lip This thing is more like a water blister. I feel like this is a salivary duct thing.

I had chickenpox when I was 15. That sucked so badly. I know I posted about trying to "cure" it with poison ivy. So I had both. The chickenpox went to town on my face. Luckily I only got two or three scars from it. My face was covered, but I barely had any on my arms and legs.