ELO all over the place

Discussion in 'Music' started by Nauseous, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Are people using the hell out of their songs in commericals or what? "Hold on Tight" is the latest one I heard.

ELO's song "Mr. Blue Sky" enjoyed a resurgence. It appeared in a commercial for the Volkswagen Beetle convertible, was featured as a song sung by the main characters in the movie adaptation of ''The Magic Roundabout'' and was used in the trailers for the films ''Adaptation'' and ''Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind''. "Mr Blue Sky" was also the theme song of the television series, ''LAX''. In 2005, ELO's song "Hold On Tight" was used in an Ameriquest commercial. "Do Ya" has been used in a Monster.com commercial and also in trailers for the movie ''The 40-Year-Old Virgin''. Additionally, "Twilight" from ''Time'' was used as the theme song for the popular Japanese TV series ''Densha Otoko'' and in the opening of the 1983 Japanese sci-fi convention Daicon IV. JCPenney used "Livin' Thing" in its 2005 Christmas commercials.

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Never noticed but I guess you are right. So some commercial exec. is watching 40 yo virgin and thinks "Damn I forgot all about ELO I bet we can use them for cheap and it will hit right into our target market".

or

Look at the time frame is there any legal time frame when a songs royalty fees (or whatever) become nominal. They are 20 plus years.

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I'd say that's the reason. My husband just thought it was because ELO is awesome. I told him although they have a few good songs, the majority of their songs are gay.

4. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

your husband also just bought a blowjob from one of my hookers and was 4 dollars short

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

When did she raise her prices? I thought I gave him plenty of money!

6. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

you did, but he spent the majority of it on Crack first. Raise your goddmaned man's allowance wont ya?

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

:biggrin:

Does he wear a lot of pink shirts and tell you he is just secure in his masculinity? There may be more that Dwaine is not telling, maybe that Crack Whores name was Lola.

8. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

no, his name was Carl

9. my5l

my5l New Member

ELO is gay

10. JEFE

JEFE New Member

Hmm. Not a very good opener. You're going to have to do better next week.

11. MrBadguy

MrBadguy New Member

ELO gay?? Maybe it's time for me to come out of the closet then, used to love their music..

But yeah using old tunes for commercials is cheap :)

12. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

They have some good songs. They are not gay but some of their songs are pushing it.