Drugs and Abortions

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Nauseous, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nauseous:
    First off: oral contraceptives and abortions are two different things. Kudos to Medicaid for giving out free birth control to unemployeed women. However, working women like myself that live on $8.50/hr... still poverty-level... get no breaks ('cause we choose to support ourselves and have insurance)... and are forced to pay full-price for our birth control pills (30 bucks a month... think of all the shit you could get at Goodwill with that?) because most insurance companies DO NOT cover the cost (not even one dime) of birth control. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, true.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote
    Just the ones that would've ended up dead anyway. Seems a shame to waste all those potential stem cell harvestings...

Are you kidding? In a day and age when you can make a few grand on black-market kidneys themselves, why not?

I hate to share in your pessimism, but with the current frame-of-mind, I wonder. I just used cancer as an example, I'm sure there are a great many more diseases/genetic defects that could be fixed with some proper use of eugenics and stem cells.

The system doesn't work anymore. Can't we just kill a few fetuses for fun anyway? They make great barbecue... Well, if you're not a vegetarian, that is.