Dollhouse

Discussion in 'Random Media' started by Joeslogic, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I just saw an episode of this show and I had never heard of it before but it seems really cool. I understand I'm a day late and a dollar short they are winding down the whole series and canceling the show?

Anyone watch this?

2. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

Yes I've watched it. The entire first season actually. Frankly.... I don't find it cool. Simply because the main characters minds get wiped out every episode. This leaves no room for character developement. They started to figure this out in season two and started having the dolls remember things.... but a little too late.

CANCELLED!

3. BigEddie

BigEddie New Member

watch Epitah One. The episode never aired, but its my favorite of the show. Its much more than just mind wipes, if that was the case, I would not continue watching.

At least it got a 2nd season. :/

4. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

You mean the one that takes place in the future with the evil little girl? I saw that one.

Almost every show has a mind wipe at the end. Next show.... clean slate!

When do the characters ever develope?

5. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Maybe that is part of the intrigue? I'll watch a few episodes and see.

6. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

Plus Joss Whedon has what I call a "Red Shirt" giveaway. Have you ever noticed that anyone with a normal name is either an extra or gets killed almost immediately? If the character sounds like Sarah Palin named him/her.... big role ahead!

This was evident to me when Echo got her new handler. The guys name was Travis. I called my buddy and said "This guy is either dead next episode or we will never see him again." When I was asked why... I told him that the guys name wasn't Prophet or Fudgey. Simply Travis. Would we see "Grease" or "Laramar" again? Of course! They have a superhero name! But Travis? No way. This guys toast.

As I predicted.... Travis was never seen again.

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Ha ha! That's true Hollywood mentality. I pick up on shit like that all the time drives my wife crazy cause I point it out. She says I should just enjoy the movie. Like for instance those thriller movies where everyone has been killed off but the main characters and Terri is sitting on the edge of the couch eating popcorn at Guinness book record speed. I tell her: "Relax babe the main characters are gonna survive, we only have 15 minutes left and a commercial break in between. Five of the last minutes will be all hugs and thank God it's over scene. So you are about to see the good guys win in five minutes."