Do you eat breakfast?

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by Nauseous, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Or do you skip it? And if you eat it, what do you eat?

I take a banana, fried apples, apricots, blueberries, pears and a fat free yogurt and blend them all together in a drink. Does that sound healthy? I used all canned fruit except for the banana.

2. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Breakfast?

What the fuck is that???

3. BigEddie

BigEddie New Member

My breakfast is pretty much the same every day. A bagel with pasta sauce and a few pizza-like veggies, and 3 pepperonis on it, chicken noodle soup, cup of oatmeal, and a glass of orange or apple juice. Usually keeps me full till 2p.m.

4. Reizvolles

Reizvolles Active Member

I always have a big breakfast. I can't function without one. I eat cereal (Special K or Sultana Bran) with yogurt, toast usually with jam (jelly) or honey, fresh apple or orange juice (not reconstituted), a banana, pear or grapes and green tea.

5. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Since I been dealing with the High Blood Pressure I have been eating low sugar Oatmeal, the maple and brown sugar flavor. Some morning I may just get an apple or orange.

6. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

What was your blood pressure running?

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

That's a weird ass breakfast. Of course, I am one to talk...

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

That's a healthy ass breakfast. Never heard of Sultana Bran... must be an Aussie thing.

9. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Well at one point yesterday it was 155/110. Then when I got to the doctors it was 144/101 then by the time the doctor saw me it was 133/88. Elapsed time was 10:30am to 2:00pm.

So I dont know. They put me on another medication, to take with the current one.

10. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Do you need to lose weight? Would that help at all?

What meds are you going to be on for it? My father-in-law is on three meds for high BP and one of them we think has been making him dizzy. I'll have to find out which one it is.

My BP is always higher in the doctor's office because I am so nervous, but 133/88 is not bad.

11. phatboy

phatboy New Member

The one I have been on is Norvasc, the new one is something like linosopril (generic name), the main name is similar, but like norsipil or something. Yea, I need to lose weight. Probably a lot. :)

12. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I don't think it was one of those.

I dunno... losing weight would surely help I would think. You and my husband could be diet buddies. He was eating his oatmeal this morning. :)

13. phatboy

phatboy New Member

The bad thing is I was eating ok. I mean, I was eating granola bars in the morning, then a fruit snack, a decent lunch, and dinner.

I dunno whats up.

14. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Have you had your thyroid checked?

15. phatboy

phatboy New Member

No.

The only diet I have ever lost weight on was Low Carb. I lost like 50lbs one time with that. Went from the 270s down into the 220s.

16. Robman97

Robman97 Member

well, Breakfast time for me would be right now at 2pm since I just got up for my shift. Lunch is at 8pm and dinner is around 3 am so I don't eat alot of "breakfast" I need to lose about 50lbs but this schedule isn't helping.

17. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Get it checked. It can mess with your blood pressure and your weight.

My husband is 280 now (he's 5'10). He was around 230 when we met. I had his thyroid checked and it was okay, had his sugar checked and it was okay. His BP is okay too, so he thinks it's pretty funny that he's fat and healthy and I am skinny and sick.

18. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Yeah, those fucked up hours suck to try to lose weight. When I worked weird hours like that at my old tied-to-a-desk job, I put on about 30 pounds and was the fattest I'd ever been. It could have been the fact that I didn't get to move around and I worked with a bunch of fatties that liked to eat. I would get up, eat breakfast, go to work and eat "lunch' with the rest of the fatties, a few hours later eat 'lunch" again, get a candy bar on my last break, go home and eat 'dinner' and then eat a snack before bed. I was always eating, but I was never truly overweight, but I was seriously pushing my BMI 'normal' limit.

19. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I think most of mine is stress related.

Im working on that too though.

20. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

They say exercise is good for stress. I dunno. It's easier to just take a pill in the morning.