Democrats block the building of a Christian church at ground Zero

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Joeslogic, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

2. Aballister

Aballister New Member

Quoted from an obvious conservative media outlet. I even saw a banner advertising a weekly alert for Anne Coulter's newsletter. This is hardly the place to search for un-biased and objective information. Besides, isn't that mosque being moved away? I thought that it was one of the conditions to stop that crazy pastor's book burning fiasco.

I did my own research and found this on the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America website:

"The task of rebuilding the Church of St. Nicholas involves careful coordination, planning and vision. To this end, His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios has appointed a committee to oversee the rebuilding project. In accomplishing their objectives, the committee has met with the Lower Manhattan Development Corporation so that the task of rebuilding St. Nicholas may be properly incorporated into the concept plans for the reconstruction of the World Trade Center site located at Ground Zero. These concept plans, which are the product of an inclusive process, envision the rebuilding of the historic Church of St. Nicholas as a functioning parish, ministering once again to the needs of her faithful."

There is no mention of the church being caught in red tape or not being built at all.

This is an excerpt from the NY Daily News website:

"Republican Demos is a former Securities and Exchange Commission attorney who hopes to take on incumbent Democratic Rep. Tim Bishop.

He has set himself somewhat apart from the cacophony of objections to the proposed Park51 mosque and Islamic center by bringing up the issue of the church, which was crushed by the falling South Tower on Sept. 11.

Demos has blamed the Port Authority for the slow pace of the reconstruction.

Said Bloomberg in answer to this morning's caller:

"It's been a bone of contention [between] the church and the Port Authority. And I've gotten involved mainly because the archbishop lives directly across the street from me, and he comes out with his staff and we chit-chat. He doesn't come over to borrow a cup of coffee, but that's okay. And I think they're very close [to] working with the Port Authority to find a location down there. There was one, I think the church wanted it, but it didn't fit in with the Port Authority plans because it would have interfered with other things, but there will be a new church built down there. And Chris Ward, the executive director of the Port Authority, I know is working with the Greek Orthodox Church to try to find some ways to get this done."

It seems that the Port Authority are the ones holding everything up. Even Demos said so. So I did a little research on the board of comissioners for the Port Authority of New York City. I found that the executive director is a fellow by the name of Christopher O. Ward. Ward was last appointed as director on May 22, 2008. This is before Obama was made President, therefore, Ward's nomination was a Republican one. In other words, it's the ghost of Bush that is cock-blocking the building of the new church. :biggrin:

Makes sense? Just as much as saying that Democrats are blocking the rebuilding efforts. :rolleyes:

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Is this true Aballisuker?

So the Democrats took over the congressional house, the senate, and the executive seat. But still George Bush is using his shadow government to block the Christian Orthodox church, while at the same time cheering on the building of an Islamic mosque.

No spin here I see.

Oh and also BTW you were one of the ones with the other liberals around here voicing concern about the wiretapping and other invasions of peoples rights here in America by their own government.

I do not understand because the situation which I said was for national security and only used against known terrorists contacts, and you rolled your eyes at is expanded ten times beyond what it was. So why the sudden silence?

Seems the Democrats are a majority but still unable to implement their devious plans thank god for Bush's shadow government.

4. Aballister

Aballister New Member

Well, candid sarcasm seems to be lost on some.

I would just like to remark that I joined Fugly after the wiretapping scandal and that, truthfully, I don't necessarily disagree with the programme. If you're not staying up calling Iran at 2 o'clock in the morning, you don't have much to fear. Besides, call records have been used by the legal system since such databanks have been created. Call the wiretapping programme: "Proactive Call History Extraction System".

You sound like you disagree with it yourslef though:

Why is it suddenly "expanded ten times beyond [sic] what it was"? Democrats are hypocritical for keeping their mouths shut about it now that Obama is in, and Republicans are hypocritical for complaining about it now that Obama is in. The shit river flows in both directions but you're just too dumb to realize it.

Aballisuker? It's not even clever. Fuck, I'd go as far as calling you a fucking retard but that would be too rude. Retard.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  5. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I see you changed your tune since Obama.

Typical.

I am consistent in that I did not like it then but pointed out it is a necessary evil. I do the same now. Can you point me out one conservative that has some how flip flopped on this? I doubt it. You yourself admit now that you are ok with it.

I'm not OK with its expansion by the same liberals that used it as a means to convince the stupid amongst us to dislike Bush.

The reason is that the stupid amongst us are told what to think they are incapable of thinking for themselves.

Go ahead and do a nexus search lets see what the people are being told to think now that Bush is gone and then do the same search between 2003 to 2004 and 2007 to 2008 during Bush's term.

The wiretapping is still going on and at a much higher degree than while Bush was in office. The silence is deafening. :rolleyes:

I'll refrain from calling you an asswipe.

Ass! :)

6. Aballister

Aballister New Member

No you got me all wrong. I never really complained about the wiretapping program. I know that Cheeze was really against it but I know that my position hasn't changed much. But I will concede that the libs have gotten quiet about it since Obama was elected.

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Damn it all to hell! There you go being non-confrontational.

A LOT of people were repeating the same media talking points. There are two reasons for Bush's low poll numbers and it was not the war on terror. It was when he started spending money like a liberal and encroaching upon peoples rights. Thats when his own base turned against him. The radical left wing at that time 50% of America were marching to drum beat of the left wing media. Remember they were preaching that Bush ruined the economy when unemployement was in the low 4's and GDP was consistently growing 3% qtr.

8. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

I'm still against wire-tapping. If you are going to do it, get a warrant based on hard evidence.

Not... "This brown fella clucks alot. He must be a terrorist! Wiretap his ass!"

9. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I guess years ago it just fell on deaf ears when we were in a war aggainst terrorism and it was stated that the only people being tapped were people communicating with known terrorists over seas making international calls.

10. Aballister

Aballister New Member

I'm not being non-confrontational you fucking ass-wipe, I'm just stating the position I've held on the matter for years.

It's your simple mind that assumes that everybody not worshipping Bush must be against everything you stand for.

Hell, half the time I write shit just to piss you off. I'll take the other side just to crawl under your skin. What can I say? Your buttons are easy to push.

11. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I see flip flopping on your position and saying it was just to get under my skin.

Now I understand. :rolleyes:

12. Aballister

Aballister New Member

Right, flip-flopping.

Do you actually read what I write or is your computer monitor glazed with so much cum from trannie websites that you can't see shit?

You're the guy who posted a Star Wars video of the clone troopers executing Order 66 and shouting that this would be our future. Bwahaha! Just knowing that, pretty much trumps any little petty bullshit your uneducated, redneck mind can come up with. So go ahead and bring the canuck name-calling out, you still posted a video of the clone wars as proof of Obama's devious plans. Bwahaha!

13. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Look Aball if you want to change you're mind then you are entitled to do so.

Just don't get upset when I point it out and question your motives. What was bad for Bush is suddenly alright under Obama. I understand.

Now please unwad your panties so you can be a little more comfortable. :rolleyes:

14. Aballister

Aballister New Member

Bah, whatever makes you happy.

But I do have to make one point. How could my motives become questionable when I decide to "flip-flop" under Obama? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Shouldn't I be keeping my mouth shut now that a democrat is in power?

Anyway, here's a tidbit for your fake libertarian act:

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

So when you say that it's a necessary evil, you are in fact spitting in the face of Benjamin Franklin and all of those out there fighting tyranny.

Put that in your conservative pipe and smoke it. You accommodating, hypocritical, fake-ass, pseudo-intellectual, donkey-blowing piece of shit.

15. rajkuhamma

rajkuhamma New Member

well if there is one group of people who are closer to the top of the insane list than radical Muslims it is the Christians. nobody can dispute that.

16. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I'd say that all religions are pretty asinine, all the same.

Imagine a world without religion. There's a utopia.

17. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Flipping again?

You're off of your meds today?

18. Aballister

Aballister New Member

For your information I'm writing this from the mental ward at the town's hospital and they force me to take my meds. So you can't say I'm off of 'em.

Besides, I'm too busy waiting for a double-standard to pop up so I can finally be ecstatic to deal with your bullshit.

All joking aside, you're still a fucking nut and you are still the dude that brings up Star Wars videos to make political points.

19. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  20. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

For the record, I was semi-sober, and defend my original post.

Imagine a world WITHOUT religion. Imagine a world where the 'holy wars' do not take place, et al. Fuck it. The meek shall inherit the Earth.