Comments page?

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by FredVegas, Oct 13, 2002.

1. FredVegas

FredVegas New Member

What happened to the comments part of the news secton? Now when I click on the comment link so I can make some smartass remark related to one of Martin's drunken commentaries, it just sends me here to the forums. Is this a permanent change? If so, then me very unhappy. I used to love arguing with myself over comments that had nothing to do with the "news article" it was set up for.
    ...Wait a second...I guess I could just argue with myself here in the forums.
    Nevermind.

2. FagARoni

FagARoni New Member

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I'll argue with you if ya want. I don't like the pic on the right side of your sig... it's physically impossible.

4. Tojo Burbage

Tojo Burbage New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote
    No it's not you just have to take a lot slower than the animated gif....and ensure there's a healthy swab of lubrication in case your aim is slightly off kilter due to excess alcohol or whatever...

Also a portable traction unit is an essential piece of stand-by kit.

5. canine_STD

canine_STD New Member

She wouldn't know, she never gets any.
    Oh... I'm a free man BTW, no prison sex for me I'm afraid nauseous.

6. Tojo Burbage

Tojo Burbage New Member

So you can now remove the 6oz of dope you've got shoved up your arse just in case you needed quick currency in the clinker?

7. Ministersf

Ministersf New Member

Yeah, the Jokes link sends you to the forums too. It's a bummer.

Good show on dodging jail CSTD. Did you end up paying the fine?

8. tommy710

tommy710 Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by canine_STD:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the justice system sucks you shouldve been hung or at least got life.

9. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by canine_STD:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right. I never get any.

No prison sex? So it's just 'sweaty gay male' sex?

10. canine_STD

canine_STD New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Minister Saint-Fond:
    Good show on dodging jail CSTD. Did you end up paying the fine?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't pay the fine, but agreed to pay the court costs. I got fined for not voting (fine fucking democracy that we have here) and I refused to pay because.... well I shouldn't have to. They accepted the court costs and left it at that, probably because (according to the court appointed solicitor who I didn't want) it's a tricky political point and they don’t want to give the free thinkers a martyr.
    They usually take your license off you too when you fail to pay a fine, but I don’t have one anyway so that didn't happen.

11. canine_STD

canine_STD New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nauseous:
    You're right. I never get any.

No prison sex? So it's just 'sweaty gay male' sex?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You would like that wouldn't you Nauseous? Why dont you come straight to the point and tell lomo exactly what you have in mind for him?

12. Ministersf

Ministersf New Member

I got fined for not voting (fine fucking democracy that we have here) and I refused to pay because.... well I shouldn't have to.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow. That sucks. I consider it my civic duty not to vote. I mean, I am informed enough to vote for senators, congressmen, governors, and the president, but I couldn't add anything more than randomness to a vote for state representatives or local politicians (mayors, city councilmen, etc.) Who the fuck cares who the "county commisioner" is? The way I see it, one local slob stealing public funds is as good as another. I doubt that defense would have gone over very well in court, though. More power to you CSTD!

13. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

i'd vote again, only if there was an option to vote for 'none of the above'...

i've only ever voted twice, the first time for 'new labour' .. and all i ended up with were tories who smile when they're fucking you over... the other time was for the natural law party

14. Ulfur Engil

Ulfur Engil New Member

I didn't pay the fine, but agreed to pay the court costs. I got fined for not voting (fine fucking democracy that we have here) and I refused to pay because.... well I shouldn't have to. They accepted the court costs and left it at that, probably because (according to the court appointed solicitor who I didn't want) it's a tricky political point and they don’t want to give the free thinkers a martyr.
    They usually take your license off you too when you fail to pay a fine, but I don’t have one anyway so that didn't happen.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ever heard of Robert Hughes? I listened to an interview of him one time, where he was arguing that Australia should detatch every single tie with the Crown and become a completely independent Republic. It was pretty interesting....

15. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

You would like that wouldn't you Nauseous? Why dont you come straight to the point and tell lomo exactly what you have in mind for him?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*blushes* Not in front of all you people. I will keep that stuff between myself, Lomo, and an empty potato chip bag.

16. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FredVegas:
    What about your sig? What's with the door?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's an abandoned church... duh! What? You don't like it?

17. canine_STD

canine_STD New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ulfur Engil:

Ever heard of Robert Hughes? I listened to an interview of him one time, where he was arguing that Australia should detatch every single tie with the Crown and become a completely independent Republic. It was pretty interesting....
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, never heard of him. There are plenty of people here like that though. They held a referendum here a few years ago to become a republic. It only failed because a few (but important) things.
    First off being that while Australia is a fucking huge country there aren't enough people here to defend it, and Australia is hated by about every other asian country. If they lost their ties with the commonwealth they'd be fucked in the event of war as the US would only help if it was in it's own interests. And I doubt australians would consent to become part of the "American Empire".
    Secondly, they would have to have a president, and the proposed presidential system was too close to the US system. Most Australians would rather have a foreign head of state that was legaly banned from interfereing in politics than give absolute power to one person, australian or otherwise.
    I know it sounds like I'm having a dig at the US, but I aint. It's just that all republicans here are basing their planned republic on the US, and there would be too many problems if they did that.
    If they sorted out those problems Australia would become a republic almost instantly.

18. Tojo Burbage

Tojo Burbage New Member

Are they for the relaxation or abolishment of Cannabis Laws? if so, give me their address so I can join...anything is better than the grubby fuckers we have now

19. FredVegas

FredVegas New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nauseous:
    I'll argue with you if ya want. I don't like the pic on the right side of your sig... it's physically impossible. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Whatever...you know you love it. It may be physically "impossible", but it's a helluva lot of fun attempting to replicate. What about your sig? What's with the door?