College Football - Insane enough to belong here.

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by ucicare, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Ohio State vs Florida.

Florida puts 27 Freshmen on the field during the game. Everyone of them are gazelles and are to young and dumb to be nervous.

Florida strength of schedule - 1
    Ohio strength of schedule - 47

Florida has played the tough games, and has found ways to win. Ohio has beated Michigan (barely) and we saw just how average Michigan is this week. Florida also plays up to the competition, and seem to be lucky. (Auburn is still the luckiest team alive, since it was miracle that they beat Florida without scoring an offensive touchdown.)

Ohio head coach - red vested nerd. Has to be laying awake at night worrying about the overall team speed of Florida.

Florida head coach - coached at OHIO for two years. Knows they are a bunch of molasses footed lugs, and is not at all intimidated by them.

Florida has the gator Chomp. That has to count when playing a freaking "Buckeye."

2. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

So glad you started a CFB thread with only two more games to be played.

I agree that Auburn is lucky and may be the worst 11-2 team in the nation. But check this out: Auburn beat (4) LSU and (2) Florida this year. They won the second most number of games in school history (the most was 13 in 2004 also under Tuberville) and won the Cotton Bowl. But all I hear all season is Shula sucks, Shula must be fired, I can't believe they fired Shula, Spurrier, no Saban, no Rodriguez, no Saban, really, will be the next head coach at 'Bama. I hope Saban's presence at the Capstone will make the Iron Bowl matter outside of the state like it used to. The Iron Bowl went from the CBS game of the week, to an ESPN also-ran, to the Lincoln Financial "by-the-way" game. If Saban and Tuberville do what they should, the intra-state clash should be between 2 ranked teams, likely 2 top-15 teams. I'm glad Satan, er, Saban is at the Tide helm. Maybe Auburn's strength of schedule will get a boost.

3. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Football in the South has three distinct seasons that run 12 months out of the year. Basketball and Baseball are barely mentioned. Want proof? Alabama's Basketball team is number 8 in the country. Does anybody really care?

Regular Football Season, Football Recruiting, Football Spring Practice - that's the top three sports in Dixe.

We have recruiting and Spring practice to discuss as soon as the Bowls are over.

You live here, You know it's true.

4. phatboy

phatboy New Member

And UGA beat Auburn, after losing to KY and Vandy.....What the FuCK! is up with that? But had we lost to Auburn and beaten KY and Vandy, Auburn would be in the final game with Ohio St.

5. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

No shit? The Bulldogs lost to Vandy? :eek: Ha hahahahahahaha!

6. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Yes, but we beat, then no.5, and headed to the BCS, Auburn, like rented mules. Then we beat number 16 Ga Tech, and then in an unbelieveable show of bravery and gamesmanship we came back and beat no. 14 Va Tech(thats right the same VA Tech that was giving up 9 points a game) 31-24, after being down 18pts....LOL. It has been a fucked up year.

Led by true Freshman QB Matt Stafford....

Odd that he wears the same number as my son.....hmmm they better not retire that shit before my boy gets there......LOL

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

You know this year it has been kinda crazy looking back. I have not commented much cause I just seemed to have taken a break from footbal this year. I here there are a few coaches looking for a job now but not good enough for Alabama 8)

8. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Yea, the amount that bama is giong to pay saban is retarded. He fucked up a lot of ADs who have 'highest paid' clauses in their contracts....LOL.

9. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

6-3 in bowls
    6 teams in the AP top 25
    3 teams in the top 10
    National Champion

Dominant? Yup.

10. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Did UGA crawl back into the top 25? I havent checked, cause it doesnt matter really.

11. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

So to the three college football fans here - who by the way are fans of the real powerhouse football conference (SEC) - who won the recruiting battle? Who got the studs?

I say that Saban may have saved the Tide.

12. phatboy

phatboy New Member

It will take him a couple of years to get it straightened out, but I think he did okay. We did okay. I think they are saying florida had a top 5 class...

13. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

I think that Florida will have a tough time repeating. They have lots of talent, but chemistry means a lot when you are talking 20 year olds. With the wealth of talent, and the competion for the spotlight, I can see Florida *struggling for the next two years.

*struggling = 10-2

14. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Auburn got some good players, some of whom may contribute right out of the gate. AU is having to replace virtually the entire O line and the kick-off specialst, place kicker, and punter (the last of whom were all-SEC.) They signed Kodi Burns (4 or 5 stars depending where you look), a dual-threat QB from ARK (and didn't even have to hire his HS football coach). BUt with 5 QBs on the roster already, some heads are going to be cut. If this guy can half-ass throw a pass (and supposedly he can throw well) as well as run, he could challenge Brandon Cox for the starting job next year. It remains to be seen. We may see a Leak/Tebow kind of interchange between the veteran and the hot-shot freshman. Dameyune Craig was the "inside the 10 yard line" QB behind starter Patrick Nix (now Miami's O.C.) back in the 90's so it's been done at AU (note: under Bowden).

It's hard to say what impact Saban might have had had he taken the job earlier. He might have grabbed a few more fence straddlers (except dem coonass boys).

15. phatboy

phatboy New Member

We redshirted almost our entire freshman class of players. We have a lot of good in state recruits, and I believe we picked up another top 10 QB, who will redshirt this coming year. Our O-line is maturing and our D only lost a couple of players early.

I think Joe Cox may leave, but if he does I hope it is to a different conference.

If Fla goes 10-2 I hope we are one of the 2. Which we should be. Seeing as we only lost to the eventual national champions by 7, and it was scored on a fumble not even by their highly touted offense.....

16. phatboy

phatboy New Member

ESPN.com has Alabama at 17th, Georgia at 13, Auburn at 7, LSU 6, Tenn 5, South Carolina 4, and Florida 2

17. MAJ Havoc

MAJ Havoc Active Member

Now that College and Pro Football are officially over and we're feeling that slump, the good folks at Sports Illustrated have helped ease the pain with another swimsuit edition. It's has nothing to do with sports, it has little to do with swimsuits. Who cares? CNNSI.COM

18. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

She needs a gravy biscuit.

19. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Can I change my name to Gravy Biscuit?

20. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

;D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.