College Football 2008

Discussion in 'Sports' started by MAJ Havoc, Aug 18, 2008.

1. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Evidence it may be a time warp to the '70's -

1. AC/DC has the number Number 1 album this week.

2. I take Bugs out and spend a wad, and all I get is a good night kiss.

3. I can't afford gas for my car.

4. Recession is here, and Idiots are running for president.

2. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I think I drank 32 beers on Saturday. The majority after half-time. We looked like a bunch of monkies shagging a football. Well, all I can say now is 'ROLL TIDE'.... :)

3. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

32 beers on a Saturday? More proof that we have warped back to the '70's.

4. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Yea, I better be quiet or they'll try and throw an intervention at me....

:)

5. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

The great sizzling sound you hear coming from the North is Fulmer's bacon cooking.

6. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

I heard Fulmer was quitting to join the Franklin Graham ministries since he is the only guy on the planet that can pull 100,000 people to Neyland Stadium and make them stand up and scream "JESUS CHRIST!"

7. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Yea, I guess the 6 Million Dollar buyout will do that. I guess they are going to hire the OC that Auburn fired. Maybe if they realized that TDC doesnt stand for Tenneessee Dental College when they recruit these thugs they would have a better team.

8. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

With a six mill buyout, I don't feel sorryu for Phil. I feel sorry for whatever idiot takes that job. You think Alabama fans are crazy? At least Alabama has a full size state to recruit.

9. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Wait a minute! According to the 2006 census update, Alabama has 4.9 million rednecks, and Tennessee has 6.01 million rednecks. Where did the media get the idea that Fulmer has a "smaller State" to recruit from? And it only has two IA schools in Vandy and Tenn., right? Alabama has Troy, UAB, Alabama and Auburn. Wheres the math on that?

10. phatboy

phatboy New Member

The media is just trying to find a way to take the blame off of ole' pudgy. Realistically any 'good' player from Ky also jumps down. They draw players from all over, and in the past have even snagged a few from Ga. What has caught up to them is the fact that now with limited numbers of scholarships they cant hord away players like they used to (like Nebraska used to) plus todays players want to play now, not wait 3 years for a shot. So Middle Tenneessee State will pick up some good players, UAB, Troy, USF they are all getting quality athletes. I dont think 80% of the players at UT could pass the entrance test for Vandy, but hey, thats what they get.

11. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

One hour until kickoff. I don't feel good about the LUS Coonass Tigers.

Not good at all.

Half time at Georgia. Dang the SEC is a tough leauge.

Except for the losers in Tennessee. First they lose to a pitiful UCLA, and now Wyoming is frosting their balls. How embarrassing.

12. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Sucks to be Texas. They beat Oklahoma 30 days ago, and today they are ranked behind them. How lame is that for the BCS?

13. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Looks like Bama Squeeked by the Coonasses. I dont know if LSU 'manned up' for this game or not, they looked pretty decent at times. UGA needs to fire the defensive coordinator. He made the freshman QB look like mike vick. Oh well.

14. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Bama did good to win. It is very different playing as an underdog on the road versus being ranked number one. They almost folded, but came back and proved their worth. I think the fact that they stayed number one shows the respect the voters had for LSU.

As fun as it is, I don't think that Alabama can beat Florida. I am not sure that the New Orleans Saints could beat Florida right now. My hope is that Florida has peaked, and will fizzle. I also hope that Alabama hasn't peaked yet.

Time will tell. In the mean time please tell Richt to keep winning. We will need Georgia to be ranked high to help Florida get to the BCS championship if (ok, when) they beat Alabama.

15. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Florida has a couple of patsy games before playing florida state to end out the regular season, playing carolina this weekend and the citadel next weekend. I dont think florida state can beat them, but a physical defense like carolina and fsu can cause some problems for offensive players. Alabamas late bye before auburn is good, hopefully they can take advantage of it, and get everyone ready for the next couple of games. Auburn is going to play them hard, and should, but bama should come out on top. Alabamas run defense is going to have to step up against the gayfers.

16. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

"gayfers"

now that is funny, I don't care who you are.

17. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Kind of feels like both Georgia and Auburn lost, doesn't it?

I wish the iron bowl was over. I had a feeling that Auburn would beat either Georgia or Alabama. Damn you Georgia.

18. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

I humbly reserve all smirking. There are still two games left to play.
    (Well, for Alabama anyway.)

19. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Yea, after our blistering performance against one of the oldest offenses of all time we may get an invite to the 'Jockey Shorts - SkidMarks.Com Bowl.

WOOO HOOOO

20. Robman97

Robman97 Member

Hell, we get to watch OU play Mizzou for the Big 12 Championship. based on a bs tie breaker. I would love to see a USC vs UT Rose bowl, would be a 2005 Natl Champ rematch.