Canadian beer

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by 1337, Sep 20, 2002.

1. 1337

1337 New Member

...better than amercian beer.

2. tommy710

tommy710 Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1337:
    ...better than amercian beer.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

but not even a patch on british beer.

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1337:

So?

4. Tojo Burbage

Tojo Burbage New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote
    As much as it hurts to say this, German beer is the dogs bollocks...

5. Tojo Burbage

Tojo Burbage New Member

...closely followed by Czech beer...

6. Disorder

Disorder New Member

He's right, the germans love thier beer.

In the south of germany, you'll find lots of those fat bellied, laderhosen wearing, odd morris-dancer looking germans. Who'll drink 8 pints of reasonably strong beer (and not get pissed) nearly every day (unless its oktoberfest then its about 18 (and they STILL dont get pissed)

Never had czech beer, but english beer, lots..

7. stymie

stymie New Member

Belgium's finest does it for me, Stella Artois. Plus it's on special offer near me (8 bottles for a fiver)

8. Ulfur Engil

Ulfur Engil New Member

My favorite beers to drink at any given time:

Franziskaner Weißbier - Germany
    Schneider Weißbier - Germany
    WeißStephaner - Germany
    La Trappe Quadrupel - Holland
    Samichlaus - Switzerland

It's only 10.00 AM right now, and even now I could go for one....

9. Tojo Burbage

Tojo Burbage New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR> Franziskaner Weißbier - Germany
    Schneider Weißbier - Germany <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

2 Weissbier in there Ulfur, stout fella! Do you have the proper drinking glasses for this stuff? Sort of 'hourglass' shaped to collect the sediment. It really enhances the drinking experience.

Talking of which in about an hour I start my weekly get shit faced on Red Stripe, snort, pop and smoke myself soft until my body tells me otherwise...

I fucking love weekends me

10. Ulfur Engil

Ulfur Engil New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dubya C Fields:
    2 Weissbier in there Ulfur, stout fella! Do you have the proper drinking glasses for this stuff? Sort of 'hourglass' shaped to collect the sediment. It really enhances the drinking experience.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I definitely do....the best way to pour them is to put the glass upside down over the bottle (the bottles are half-liter ones, BTW), then turn the glass right side up, and gradually bring the bottle up as the glass fills; it kind of vacuums all of the sediment out, and what doesn't get out, you just twirl the bottle a bit and the remaining foam will bring it out.

I drink this shit quite a lot, in case you haven't noticed...the best thing to do is to buy a bottle during the mid-afternoon, and take it into a park, and relax...(that's the closest that I get to the black man's experience).

11. Disorder

Disorder New Member

I've never heard of any of those U.E, but my girlfriend might, shes a german and likes her german beer..

I quite like the exports we get over here; becks and grolsch.

12. stymie

stymie New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ulfur Engil:

It's only 10.00 AM right now, and even now I could go for one....
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's 17.30 here, and I am already halfway to oblivion. God I love this stuff. I wonder why no one has ever invented lager flavour pussy spray? Guaranteed winner I reckon.

13. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

where i live, in the wonderful bible belt, it is aganst the law to sell malt with an alchol content over 5.5 % ... So, more than likely, I can never get those beers here... Hey UE, the biggest account of glass I have, I went to his office in SC wednday, and on a little shelf behind his desk, he has a REAL bottle of Absinth, smuggled in from Italy, and he says he won't drink it. I will make an offer next time I go down there

14. zero_effect

zero_effect New Member

oh......is that why Canadians are always drunk?...eh?

15. zero_effect

zero_effect New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive:
    I've never heard of any of those U.E, but my girlfriend might, shes a german and likes her german beer..

I quite like the exports we get over here; becks and grolsch.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Drinking imports is unpatriotic!

16. Ulfur Engil

Ulfur Engil New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IMC hates you:
    where i live, in the wonderful bible belt, it is aganst the law to sell malt with an alchol content over 5.5 % ... So, more than likely, I can never get those beers here... Hey UE, the biggest account of glass I have, I went to his office in SC wednday, and on a little shelf behind his desk, he has a REAL bottle of Absinth, smuggled in from Italy, and he says he won't drink it. I will make an offer next time I go down there<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He won't drink it? Why the hell not?

Do me a favor if you could; check to see what the label says (I didn't know about any from Italy..).
    On a side note, IMC, I need to get your excessively belated birthday present packaged up.

17. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

It's the real stuff, it will make you go blind, or kill you (so he says) plus he is afraid Ill kill myself on it... I don't give a shit GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!!

18. TimBoaT

TimBoaT Member

I went to the Czeck Republic, and had a fantastic Beer called Steropremen

I'm not sure if it's spelt correctly, and I know there was a couple dots on top of a letter or two.. but I also tasted and disliked a beer called Eggenberg, BUUT it was free with a tour of the brewery, and anything's good when it's free.