Bush on Oprah

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Aballister, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Aballister

Aballister New Member

For all of you out there who still claim that the US discovered WMDs in Iraq, there's a nugget for you.

Bush is on Oprah (I'm watching it right now), he is repeatedly saying how they never found anything and how it affected his views toward the wars.

So....

I guess you guys should write Bush letters and argue with him from now on. Because as far as I'm concerned, I was right. Heard it from Bush's mouth.

2. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Goddamn... That racist cunt-flap is still on the air?

*and no, I'm not talking about Bush.

3. Aballister

Aballister New Member

Isn't this her last season?

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I fucking hope so. At least we'll only have a few decades of regurgitated bile to sift through in reruns.

That woman makes me want to projectile vomit until I'm dry heaving.

5. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

6. Aballister

Aballister New Member

I lol'ed at that.

I can't stand her either but when I saw Bush was on her show, I had to watch.

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/wmdquotes.asp

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
    --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
    --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
    --Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
    --Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
    Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
    -- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
    -Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
    -- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
    Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
    -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
    -- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
    -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
    -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
    -- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
    -- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
    -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
    -- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
    -- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
    -- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
    -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
    -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I always knew Oprah was a lesbian.

9. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I mean ...really a fake arrangement to a man named Steadman?

I think they are both gay. Imagine what sort of weird perversion goes on behind the doors of her mansions. ;)

10. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

He's her dog. I bet he fetches her slippers and twinkies and her real dogs are the one that shares her bedroom.

11. Aballister

Aballister New Member

The point is that Bush himself said that they never found anything substantial in Iraq. He said that it made him feel sick to his stomach when he realized that the intelligence was wrong.

Whatever Kerry, Pelosi, Reid, or even Santa Claus said is irrelevant to the point of nonsense. They found nothing.

I'll repeat that, Bush Jr himself said that they never found anything. Zip. Nothing. Nada.

I've always said that Saddam was a turd and that they should've invaded Pakistan instead. Pakistan has a nuke and they are harboring known terrorists. But no, we had to go and beat up a shit-stained country like Iraq on the grounds that we found aluminium tubing.... :rolleyes:

Fucking morons.

12. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

And the point is Bush did not go into Iraq because I raq had WMD's *which it did* Bush went into Iraq because if intelligence reports of WMD's. Several broken U.N. sanctions requiring Saddam to publicly destroy known, massive, stockpiles of WMD's.

The appearance now is that he may have shipped much of it to Syria.

What sort of fuel did Syria use in its nuclear reactor that was blown up by Israel? Remember the one that released radiation all over the area? Were they using sand?

13. Aballister

Aballister New Member

Strange flip-flopping going on here. You and the other Iraq war supporters have posted in threads on this forum that they did indeed find WMDs, namely nerve gas and yellow-cake uranium. But that's not the case. Because according to G.W. Bush, the former commander-in-chief, there was nothing to be found.

I would like to draw an interesting parallel to Joe's obsession with Obama. He said that the people who voted for him were gullible sheeples easily manipulated by the media.

Well....

How 'bout being manipulated into a war that cost over $700 billion (probably has nothing to do with the economic crisis huh?) over shaky intelligence and obvious media manipulation?

You guys have your head so far up your ass that you still defend a position that Bush himself abandoned. The guy admitted to fucking up. End of story.

14. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

You see Alliebastard it was the Democrats who should be lined up and shot for providing the shaky intelligence that led us to war.

Never again should we believe anything they say.

15. Aballister

Aballister New Member

So John Kerry was in Iraq gathering intelligence? And Hillary Clinton was in the room when the interrogations were conducted on enemy agents? Maybe Nancy Pelosi was planting bugs in the slums of Baghdad to uncover plots.

Democrats provided shaky intelligence. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's the field operatives that should be lined up and shot. After all they are the ones actually gathering intelligence.

On a side note, Clinton was smart enough to recognize shitty info when he sees it. Bush is the one who invaded another country based on faulty intelligence, not Clinton.

You are so fucking dumb it's not even funny anymore. Maybe I should post the hundreds of quotes that belong to republicans condemning democrats for questioning the war. Or all the PR bullshit that the republican party used to rile people up for the war.

Democrats are only guilty of being spineless morons that should've stood up to Bush and his flaky intelligence. The rest of the blame sits where it belongs, on the shoulders of morons like you who thought that going to war would fix anything.

16. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

No look at the dates its the Democrats that were the war mongering hawks.

17. Aballister

Aballister New Member

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  18. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Me too. Granted, I don't watch TV, I only saw snippets of it online.