Ayone use an LCD HDTV for a monitor?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by TheGrimJesus, Oct 30, 2005.

1. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

I was up at Sam's Club They had these 2 LCD Tv's that also had VGA hook ups for PC.

One was 27 inchs the other 32 I can fit it on my desk no problem since I use a dual 19 inch display right now. The only thing that stopped me from buying it was they did not have the reponce time listed on the box. So going to look that shit up.

Anyway I was thinking this would eliminate my 2 19 inchs and the tv I have in here and give me much more room.

Anyone using a set up like this?

2. Schmed

Schmed New Member

I've had my computer hooked up to a tv before (watch dloaded movies and such) but not a HD one. I use a 19 inch flatpanel LCD monitor, and I find that the TV is just simply too fucking big. But since you are a home owner, you might have room. Space however in DC is an expensive commodity. And it just looks wierd, like I hook my PS2 up to the projection tv sometimes, and it's too big, it throws my whole game off.

3. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

Thats what it looks like, I mean it is basically an oversized LCD monitor.

4. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

goto the website and look up the specks

5. TheGrimJesus

TheGrimJesus New Member

I did it has a 16 reponce time which is good, Just wondering if any of you use the same set-up and how it runs.

6. Schmed

Schmed New Member

Probably a little rich for most peoples blood around these here parts.

7. StrangelyBrown

StrangelyBrown Member

I use a 32" LCD HDTV for my PC but only when fraggin on BF2 or playing dled movies etc. Its pretty freaking awesome, i recommend to anyone.

8. Dr.Roboto

Dr.Roboto New Member

that would be pretty nice to play on, ive done it on my 32" tv but nothing like that. but then again i was just using s-video which doesnt give very sharp images.

9. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I've wondered that myself, someone that stops by my work is selling some ?hot? :roll: :?: 24" LCD HDTVs, Panasonic or Zenith, I can't remember, for $200-300... I was thinking about it, but I don't know if I'd have enough use for one to justify the expenditure.