Alpine EQ/amp 40W x 2

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Lomotil, Jun 22, 2002.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Found this little bitch at a Goodwill store... a 9-band equalizer/amp, for $6.99 - I almost shit myself when I saw some bastard selling a used one for $150 online.

Any car stereo buffs out there that can help me put this to it's best use?

2. nerpsen

nerpsen New Member

Put it to best use? Stick it up your ass? Seriously I have nooo idea. My car has a loud enough sound system for me so i don't even bother. Sounds like a real bargin tho. $7 for a g/e amp worth $150 second hand. Got to love those goodwill stores.

3. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

it would work really good for highs and a pre-amp.. Ill stick to, my two memphis belle 600 watt amps...

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

When you say 'highs' - do you mean strictly tweeters? I've got a couple pairs of tweets that have their own capacitors in 'em and sound great hooked directly up to the stereo. I've got a POS Sony 35x4 deck in there now, probably going to upgrade to a Blaupunkt 55x4 when I get my insurance shit squared away.

Here's what I'm working with:

2 shitty rear 4" speakers (I need to find something halfway decent to put in there... know of any pipe-hittin' 4's?)

2 5.5" or 5.25" front door speakers, I'll replace the factory ones to handle more mids and 'lower' highs.

Those are the speakers that are built in (also another set of tweeters, but fuck it). I might throw a set of 6x9's in to handle more of the mid-lows in the rear, and I'll probably be putting either my 2 Kicker Competition 8" or my 2 MTX Blue Thunder 10" subs in the rear. I've got a Kenwood 240W amp that worked well with the 8's, don't know if it'll push the 10's, though...