Almost got kicked outta the computer lab today at school...

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Lomotil, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Background info: At my school, they don't like you to talk on a cell phone while you're in the computer lab. I'm painfully fucking aware of that fact. This is why, when I got a call from my bud today, I got up from the computer and started to walk out of the lab as I talked to him (Me being the rule-follower I am)...

I get maybe ten feet away from the computer I'm at (mind you, I'm walking at a slow pace), and this dimwitted old fart fuckwad comes up to me and shouts "You need to go to the front of the lab or outside if you're going to use the phone!" I hold my index finger up at him in a 'hold on' motion, and ask my friend to repeat what he just said. I tell my bud, OK... and keep moving. Of course, I'm already walking slow, and it doesn't help that there's 20 fucking people standing in front of me waiting at the printers for their shit to come out - it's not like I could've barged through there like a quarterback making a run for it...

It's about this time that the prick (who I noticed had been following me) taps me on the shoulder and says (In a significantly louder, stern tone), "You need to leave NOW!"

I don't know what came over me... I turned around and yelled at the top of my lungs, "I'M FUCKING WALKING!!"

It's quite amazing when you witness the fight-or-flight reaction take a nosedive into peacock mode, and I'm sure if he had a lump of dirt handy he'd bury his whole head in it... He just stood there, eyes gaping open, unable to even speak... Every fucking keyboard in the lab stopped at that precise moment... Every conversation halted... Hell, even the computers stopped making noise. You could hear a fucking pin drop.

I continue to stare at him for about ten seconds, then turn my attention back to the phone conversation, which had dwindled to a "What the fuck was that?!?" by that time... I kept my leisurely pace as I walked towards the door, and that little prick ran past me, saying "Excuse me!" in a smug tone...

It was around this time that my conversation ended, and I returned to my seat. I started closing windows and logging off of forums so I could meet my bud on the other side of the campus. After I finished closing everything, I got up and started to walk out - then I see that little prick walking with the lab manager straight towards me, and the fuckwad was pointing right at me... I could read the words coming out of his mouth... "That's him!"

No sooner than he pointed me out, the little bitch fucking runs away to hide! So... I get approached by the bald lab manager, who gives me the c'mere finger curl, and asks me, "Can I talk to you for a moment?"

So he leads me into the glass-enclosed office, shuts the door behind him, and quietly asks me if I'm familiar with the policies on cell phone use around the computers... He asks me if I know why they have such policies... I respond, "Well, I figure it's either due to the noise or a radiation/monitor concern..." He tells me it's just the noise, and then says, "I know what you're going to say - people talk to each other in here all the time... Hey, I don't make the rules, if it was up to me, I wouldn't care..."

Anyway, to make a long story short, he had a piece of paper in his hand and said, "We were this close to writing this up on a court grievance form... but we're going to let this slide this time..."

I looked at the paper and said, "Oh really? Lemme see that shit..."

Honestly, I don't remember being this high-strung before. It just seems like lately I've got a short fuse. Must be the old age kicking in... I swear, I've caught myself doing shit like this before... Just blowing up without regard to anything or anyone in public. *Sighs* -- I used to be so mellow and docile in public... The jolly fat man. Now, it seems as if you rub me the wrong way, I fucking explode... I should really start carrying a pistol or something, it might come in handy...

2. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

*sniffs* I'm so proud of you.

3. GreenAppleSplatters

GreenAppleSplatters New Member

Hey Rev,have you experienced the joys of zanax? It's a fucking fantastic stress reducer.

4. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

i think your response was justifiable and not too surprising since you were being treated like a naughty child. i tend to want to respond in the very same manner when i am chastised by a school teacher in my old age. i look at it this way, my tuition payed for the goddamned computer lab. it also pays a portion of their salaries. i refused to spoken to in that way by school staff. i am adult and should be spoken to as one instead of like a rotten junior high kid. those bitches work for ME. and thats how i interact with them. ijust dont cuss at them.

perhaps you need to get out and mack on some chicks and kick it with them. that may calm you down some.

5. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Nauseous: Thanks

GAS: I used to get that shit in bottles of a thousand at a time... 0.5 mg orange tablets... Those were the days. Maybe not having them now after so long with them is killing my 'Bruce Banner' side...

Rat: A-fucking-men! (Even to the part about getting a chick)

6. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Splat-tastic:
    Hey Rev,have you experienced the joys of zanax? It's a fucking fantastic stress reducer.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's fantastic-period-!

7. GreenAppleSplatters

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Friar Bitchicus Slapiticus:
    Rat: A-fucking-men! (Even to the part about getting a chick)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Getting laid would probably help out alot man,it's done wonders for me.

8. GreenAppleSplatters

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nauseous:
    It's fantastic-period-!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're goddamn right aboot that.

9. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Splat-tastic:
    Getting laid would probably help out alot man,it's done wonders for me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah... it's not only Xanax that I've been without lately...

10. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

where can i score me some of that fuckin' xanax

11. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Probably the easiest thing to do would be to study what it's used to treat, and hone your acting skills before you go to the doctor... That way it'd even be legal...

12. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

i've already tried that. they keep trying to give me SSRI's instead, then they scribble, "Pt. displays drug-seeking behavior upon examination." in my chart.

13. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Time to get a new doctor with a blank chart...

14. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Tell 'em you have panic attacks. That's how I got mine. But, I actually DID have them, so I'd suffer through them and take the Xanax when I was feeling okay. Kinda like when I had my wisdom teeth cut out and suffered so I could abuse my prescription of Vicodin. No pain, no gain.

15. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

That's the spirit!

16. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

i did tell them i had panic attacks and wicked anxiety (uh same thing?) and they keep giving me shit like Paxil, Wellbutrin, Celexa, Effexor etc... What i do is tell them the side effects make me sick so i cant take them, so then they give me something else. when i flat out asked for valiums or xanax he rolled his eyes at me. FUCKERS!!! ARRRGGH! :MAD AS FUCK:

17. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I've been through the same fucking thing. Buspar, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Celexa, and finally, Luvox. Buspar sucked, Paxil made me gain weight and not orgasm, Wellbutrin made me shaky, Celexa made me vomit, and Luvox doesn't do a damn thing. I ran out of money, so I don't get to try anything else for a while. I did get Xanax, but only samples... he's too fucking smart to give me a prescription! (I can get them for a buck a pill now... illegally... 0.5's) I'd rather have Klonipin. That's the shit. I lift Ritalin from my nephew's pill bottles when I visit my folks.

18. Disorder

Disorder New Member

whats this thing with taking prescription drugs anyhow, i could never do that shit.

just me and my 'erb..

19. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I'd take Xanax, Valium, or Klonopin over weed any day of the week.

20. Nursey

Nursey Super Moderator

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nauseous:
    I'd take Xanax, Valium, or Klonopin over weed any day of the week.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...yeah,but you also enjoy flirting with the idea of being dead,don't you Pukey?