Allah Allakbar!

Discussion in 'Complaints, Requests and Suggestions.' started by Nursey, Mar 21, 2003.

1. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

But Iraqi Defense Minister Sultan Hashim Ahmed said that “no force in the world” will conquer Iraq, at a press conference in the middle of the massive air raid. “No force in the world will conquer us because we are defending our country, our principles and our religion. We are, no doubt, the victors,” Ahmed said, his voice sporadically drowned out by violent explosions. http://www.arabnews.com/

2. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

We care a lot
    We care a lot
    We care a lot about disasters, fires, floods and killer bees
    about Los Angeles falling in the sea
    about starvation and the food that Live Aid bought
    about disease, baby, Rock Hudson, Rock Yeah!

We care a lot
    We care a lot
    We care a lot about the gamblers and the pushers and the freaks
    about the people who live off the street
    about the welfare of all the boys and girls
    about you people cause we're out to save the world

Yeah!

And it's a dirty job but someone's got to do it!

We care a lot about the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines
    about the NY, SF, and LAPD
    about you people, about your guns
    about the wars you're fighting
    gee, that looks like fun

We care a lot about the Cabbage Patch, The Smurfs, and DMC
    about Madonna and we cop for Mr.T
    about the little things, the bigger things we top
    about you people, yeah, you bet we care a lot

And it's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it....

3. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

It was pretty funny when I was watching that dude on TV today... The American reporter cut him off during his 'In conclusion...' bit, saying,

"Here we have the Iraqi so-and-so, speaking to the United Nations... What he doesn't realize is that when he goes home, there probably won't be a country for him to go home to."

Now before someone starts chiming in with the "Bush for Oil!" bit, can you honestly back the notion that the world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off with him alive? All I ever hear "as an ignorant American" is that he's really an asshole, treats his people like shit, and now holds the world record for being the highest-scoring mass murderer in the world, etc... Kills his own people, and one of his sons (for not going into the military?), etc, etc... Am I to believe that all this is just made-up?

Nursey, do you think he treats his citizens fairly? How many of these "Presidential Palaces" does he have? Was that video of the Iraqi soldier tearing down the Saddam mural, pausing to bash the picture's face with a hammer just an actor?

Just trying to understand where you're coming from, that's all...

PS - Can I have some oil?

5. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

It's not the fucking point...how would you like if some murderous thieving christian came into your family home to sort out your over severe father and kicks shit out most of the family members smashes up your home plundering your treasures and then giving you a cut in them afterwards if you lick the intruders ass for evermore...America has no fucking right doing what it's doing.

6. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

So does that mean no oil?

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Lomo... I want to lick your sweat and swallow your load.

8. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

The 'family home' analogy i used in this thread is surprisingly similar to one i found in an article today:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>But they bitterly denounced the war the United States has launched. Iraq, perhaps more than any other Arab country, dwells on traditions -- of pride, honor and dignity. To this family, the assault is an insult. It is not Hussein under attack, but Iraq, they said. It is hard to gauge if this is a common sentiment, although it is one heard more often as the war progresses.

"We complain about things, but complaining doesn't mean cooperating with foreign governments," the father said. "When somebody comes to attack Iraq, we stand up for Iraq. That doesn't mean we love Saddam Hussein, but there are priorities."

A friend of the family interrupted. "Bombing for peace?" he asked, shaking his head.

"I don't even care about the leadership," the daughter-in-law said. "But someone wants to take away what is yours. What gives them the right to change something that's not theirs in the first place? I don't like your house, so I'm going to bomb it and you can rebuild it again the way I want it, with your money? I feel like it's an insult, really."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

9. theonlylivingboy

theonlylivingboy New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nursey:
    It's not the fucking point...how would you like if some murderous thieving christian came into your family home to sort out your over severe father and kicks shit out most of the family members smashes up your home plundering your treasures and then giving you a cut in them afterwards if you lick the intruders ass for evermore...America has no fucking right doing what it's doing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is possibly the most ridiculous analogy I have ever heard. As human beings we have the right to defend and stick up for one another. The insinuation that the US is going to cash in on Iraqi oil is also weak, Bush needs Iraqi oil revenue about as much as he needs Saddams 'tache. Also the Iraqi leaderships religious stand is a disgrace. Most of them (including Saddam) are only practicing Muslims when it suits them. The Bhath party is in fact a communist party, communists are by definition athiest.

10. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

11. theonlylivingboy

PNAC is a right wing political think tank, there are hundreds if not thousands of these across the political spectrum in the western world, this is called freedom of speech and expression which you and I are very lucky to enjoy (a point you people are so quick to take for granted). as the article points out 80% of Iraqi export revenue is oil related, so therefore you could say this is about oil, or you could say it is about the Iraqi leaderships theft of the oil revenue from its people. Nowherein the article does it give convincing evidence that the coallition means to profit from Iraqi oil.
    Truthout is the kind of publication that makes me physically sick. Left wing/liberal bullshit, I would love to take some of these commentators and make them live in a place like Iraq for 12 months, then ask them if they felt the same about western democracies. You people really don't know when your bread is buttered on both sides and ha a little bit of jam on!
    Truthout????

12. theonlylivingboy

Also while we're at it, why dont you comeup with some consructive ideas and arguements instead of quoting other people all the time. I ask you Monchichi the same question I ask all anti-war dickheads, what exactly would you do about this situation? and are you just against this particular war or do you believe nothing is worth figting for?

PS Its been a long long time since I read the Sun, but you stick to the Mirror.

13. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

you mean "how would i sort out the problem of saddam hussein and iraq"... there wouldn't be a problem with saddam hussein and iraq if america hadn't installed him into power to further their cold-war anti-communist aims...

i would say something about letting the people of iraq rise up and take him out by themselves.. which george bush sr encouraged them to do at the end of the first gulf war... before standing aside and letting saddam cut them down with his gunships..

and yes.. the PNAC is a right-wing think-tank.. but it's also one which now has an uncomfortable number of it's members in positions of great power in washington.. which i believe elevates it to more than just thinking..

and it is this particular war/sequence of events that i am against

14. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

15. bboy1977

bboy1977 New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote
    yeah, that's a real intelligent and convincing argument you cite. using some obscure organization and their website.

By that same logic these guys prove nuclear power will eradicate oil. http://www.nei.org/index.asp?catnum=3&catid=451

these cunts show smoking is good for you
    http://www.smokersalliance.org/

and these fucks show that niggers are actually intelligent
    http://www.naacp.org

16. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

yes slumlord.. it was an interesting link.. one that was in response to a previous request for more information by rimmer... and as such had bearing on our discussion... so your point is?

17. MrTim

MrTim New Member

Anyone who supports the enemy is a terrorist.
    I have yet to cross paths with Nursey, but I am sure it will happen due to the war. I support the USA completely and alternate terrorist views will be ignored for the lies and propoganda that it is.
    "Ask not what you can ask for you country, but ask what can YOU DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY!

18. MrTim

MrTim New Member

Oh, and keep looking up "facts" on your communist website - it is sexy the way that the alleged "facts" are quickly discounted buy the idiotic lies the iraqi goverment.
    For instance, the alleged Apache attack from peasants in the field. The Helicopter ahd mechanical failuers upon take off, but was required to participate , they had to land after a rotor failure, and got captured. No peasants shot it down

19. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

"All right, let me see if I understand the logic of this correctly. We are going to ignore the United Nations in order to make clear to Saddam Hussein that the United Nations cannot be ignored. We're going to wage war to preserve the UN's ability to avert war. The paramount principle is that the UN's word must be taken seriously, and if we have to subvert its word to guarantee that it is, then by gum, we will.
    Peace is too important not to take up arms to defend. Am I getting this right?

Further, if the only way to bring democracy to Iraq is to vitiate the democracy of the Security Council, then we are honor-bound to do that too, because democracy, as we define it, is too important to be stopped by a little thing like democracy as they define it.

Also, in dealing with a man who brooks no dissension at home, we cannot afford dissension among ourselves. We must speak with one voice against Saddam Hussein's failure to allow opposing voices to be heard.

We are sending our gathered might to the Persian Gulf to make the point that might does not make right, as Saddam Hussein seems to think it does. And we are twisting the arms of the opposition until it agrees to let us oust a regime that twists the arms of the opposition.

We cannot leave in power a dictator who ignores his own people. And if our people, and people elsewhere in the world, fail to understand that, then we have no choice but to ignore them.
    " PETER FREUNDLICH

20. theonlylivingboy

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PimpDaddy:
    you mean "how would i sort out the problem of saddam hussein and iraq"... there wouldn't be a problem with saddam hussein and iraq if america hadn't installed him into power to further their cold-war anti-communist aims...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

..and if your mum had a pair of bollocks.....

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>i would say something about letting the people of iraq rise up and take him out by themselves.. which george bush sr encouraged them to do at the end of the first gulf war... before standing aside and letting saddam cut them down with his gunships..
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The US had their legs cut out from underneath them by the communists and liberals of this world, people like you, the same people who are causing the deaths of good US & British soldiers right now because they have to fight with one arm tied behind their back to avoid civilian casualties (something that never bothered Hussein much). standard military doctrine states that you go to war with maximum force, soldiers are getting caught up in street combat and dying instead ofbombing the place to bits to appease people like you, this is the only effect you lot are having.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR> and yes.. the PNAC is a right-wing think-tank.. but it's also one which now has an uncomfortable number of it's members in positions of great power in washington.. which i believe elevates it to more than just thinking..
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Many of the current Labour government subscribe, or have in the past to similar communist groups.

Your last link is even worse than the others, all it shows me is the real reason France and Russia threatened to boycott a second UNSC resolution no matter what, 'cos despite an oil embargo, tey are/have made underhand deals with Hussein.