A picture that says it all

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by Joeslogic, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

2. Cydonia

Cydonia New Member

Wow. Rasmussen Reports, huh?

"TIME has described Rasmussen Reports as a "conservative-leaning polling group".[10] Democratic Party activists have pointed out that Scott Rasmussen was a paid consultant for the 2004 George W. Bush campaign.[11] According to Nate Silver's FiveThirtyEight.com, while there are no apparent records of Scott Rasmussen or Rasmussen Reports making contributions to political candidates and its public election polls are generally regarded as reliable, "some observers have questioned its issue-based polling, which frequently tends to elicit responses that are more conservative than those found on other national surveys."[12]."

Wikipedia listing.

Nope. No conservative slant with Rasmussen Reports group. No siree, Bob.

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Wow you seem to be very well informed.

How long have they been in business?

Has Rasmussen Reports done consulting for Democratic candidates.

How many years has Rasmussen Reports been posting "fake" reports that do not reflect the "true" mentality of the public and getting away with it?

Doesn't producing "fake" surveys with "fake" results sort of ruin your reputation for "accuracy"?

:confused:

4. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rasmussen_Reports

So Liberal magazines and liberal activist thing the most accurate polling firm is biased.

LOL well OK then :biggrin:

5. Cydonia

Cydonia New Member

Wow. Now it's Fordham University. Well, I'm just going to throw out every other factoid ever written on the subject because Fordham decided to chime in. Because in the grand scheme of things, if a few components agree with you, it nullifies everything that may put your opinion into question.

Rational thought realy does not factor into your thinking, just so long as you are always right, eh Mr. "Logic"?

6. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

LOL well OK then

7. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

You know..... I see these polls for everything. From approval ratings to election polls. You know what the weird thing is? I've never been asked a single poll question... EVER! I've spoken to all my friends and family. They've never been asked one either. So what are these polls based on? Who exactly are they polling? Mrs. Jenkins eighth grade science class from CORNBUKE, IA consisting of 30 kids? The people waiting in the lobby of the welfare office on a given tuesday?

Why not ask these questions on a census poll? Would that not give a more accurate depiction?

If I wanted to release a poll to make things reflect my own opinion... I'd simply go to a place where people shared my beliefs and ask them the poll question. If it's a Bush/McCain/Obama/Gore (input any name really) rally.... then I guess my poll would show nearly 100% approval rating.

8. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

The news station polls from the networks are the least accurate.

They will do a doom and gloom economy blitz for a week then poll a specific zip code with pointed questions. The more accurate polls have fair techniques designed to get accurate results. Their reputation is on the line for accurate results.

9. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Haha! even more faker than the other fake?

:biggrin:

And here is the total approval index.

This guy blocked three countries from sending their oil skimmers to the gulf.

Blocked yesterday for 24 hours Gov. Jindal of Louisiana from using barges for oil skimmers. Its quickly becoming obvious that this asshole is worse than incompetent with the Gulf oil spill. He is creating the catastrophe.

10. Big_unsexy

Big_unsexy New Member

i wote in Gorge Washington 4 da lulz at da eliction

11. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I wonder if Gallop is "fake"

12. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

And here we have an NPR poll (very liberal) pointing to the same conclusion

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=127845693

NPR Poll Shows Tough Road Ahead For Democrats

Click here for result

Click here for result

Poll Results 'A Snooze Alarm'

"In a year where voters want change and in which Democrats are seen to be in power, this is a tough poll — about as tough as you get," Greenberg said.

Bolger said the poll results will be a wake-up call for Democrats, who were stunned at the beginning of the year when Republican Scott Brown won the U.S. Senate seat held for years by the late Edward Kennedy of Massachusetts.

"If Massachusetts was the first wake-up call, this is the snooze alarm going off," Bolger said.

He pointed out that President Obama's approval ratings are much lower in these competitive districts than they are nationally: 54 percent of the likely battleground voters disapproved of Obama's performance; 40 percent approved.

"It's very problematic for the president to have a 40 percent approval rating in these 60 Democratic districts," Bolger said. "When you look at history, when the president is below 50 percent nationally, his party tends to lose more than 40 seats."

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  13. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

People seem to vote the party line. I think we need a new political party in DC. Not the fucking Tea Party..... but a better one that encompasses more of today's line of thinking.

14. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

You should look into the Libertarian party Cheese. I think if people really look into what their beliefs are they are more libertarian than Liberal.

Thing is when Libertarians run as Libertarians they just take away votes from Conservatives and get Democrats elected.

Same can be said about the Independent party If the race had been between Ross and Clinton or Bush and Clinton either would have won. When Ross was running the race was a three way draw just about.