15 year olds with parents that neglect to whip their ass

Discussion in 'More Serious Topics' started by Joeslogic, Mar 21, 2006.

?

Justice served

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

2. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

Don't know enough about their character and relationship to vote. Justice probably not served, though.

3. chester grape

chester grape New Member

Yee-haw! I say the cops should shoot to kill for jaywalking too!

4. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I think he should have shot him in the legs. But I guess that would open the door for law suits.

5. diogenes

diogenes New Member

I couldn't possibly say that a lawn is worth a human life. Justice will be served when the man who shot him spends the rest of his natural life in jail.

6. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Man that is brutal. Did anyone listen to the audio of the 911 call?

The guy obviously just flipped out. What a shame.

I could see my Grandfather doing something like that. He was a WWII veteran, and he didn't take anything off of anybody. He wouldn't have shot the kid, but he would have beat his ass with an axe handle in a split second.

Barry

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I never herd the 911 audio do not want to I feel sorry enough for the old man already. He goes off his property and is subject to all sorts of rude behavior with no real recourse. It is a cruel world out there so live with it the days of respect for your elders a thing of the past. Honestly, truly it is no different at his home. He said the kid was screwing with him and inciting the same from the other kids in the neighborhood. I believe him it simply fits the M.O. for that scenario. So what truly was his recourse? What could he possibly do? At 60+ years old he probably spent a lifetime being respectful of others property and others rights. He has but one place that is his own his refuge from the world, his oasis that he can take some pleasure in maintaining his lawn and what not. Something he is proud of and what I ask is his recourse against some snot nose punk kid and apparently his shithead parents? There is none that you can reasonably tell me, nothing he could have done except what he did. I’m proud of the old fart he stood up for his rights.

8. diogenes

diogenes New Member

And he ended someones life in the process. Over grass.

9. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

So what was his other recourse?

And also do you believe he had a right to enjoy his own property without harassment?

10. diogenes

diogenes New Member

It doesn't matter. He killed a kid over grass. Grass doesn't equal a human life. Clearly the guy flipped, and over-reacted, but we're talking human beings vs. grass. That doesn't pass cruel or unusual punishment. It's barbaric.

11. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Honestly Dio I would never argue over human life (scumbag or not) vs. grass. At the least having read the article you must admit you are overly simplifying things.

So from that respect your non-answer on the point that “it doesn’t matter because” statement is invalid.

Consider this, I go to the projects I act rude stare people down walk around the place as if my hard earned money paid for the place without any help from the indigents living there (hold on that’s true actually come to think of it) find out who the project pimp daddy is and generally screw with him. I call him names wait till he goes somewhere in his car and take his parking place, flick cigarette ashes into his window. Tell him to "fuck off" if he says anything about it. So the frustrated pimp shoots me.

Four questions. (really two actually)

What is the general public opinion of me getting killed screwing with the project pimp daddy? And why?

Would it make national headlines? And why?

12. diogenes

diogenes New Member

#1. You asked if justice was served. Public opinion and justice are by no means the same thing. Don't confuse them, you're smarter than that. So I couldn't care less what the public opinion would be. Justice would be served when the pimp went to jail for shooting you, which he had no right to do in the first place.

#2. What difference does it make if it would make the National Headlines?

This man killed a KID.

Let me quote the article for you Joe.

The only person saying the kid deserved it is the man who shot him. And the man planned to shoot him. Let me again quote the article.

Your jumping to conclusions. The article says this kid was walking across a mans lawn. How can you possibly justify pre-meditated murder with that premise?

13. Ferine

Ferine New Member

Did he have a "Trespassers will be shot" sign posted prominently on his lawn?

14. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Im sorry, there are a lot of punk ass 15 year olds that could use a good ass whoopin. I see them all the time, disrespecting their parents, talking back, arguing. That kid was a punk. The fact that there was numerous calls to the authorities says it all. And Dio, the kid came back, you quote says so. He was shot when he returned. Okay, where did he go? Did he come back with a bat or something?

Did the old man overreact? Yes.

Of course the neighbors are going to say he was a good kid. "Well he was a real ignorant little shit and I am just glad he didnt live near me"

Plus the old guy is the same old guy in almost every neighborhood in America. The one old guy that doesnt want anyone in his yard, you hit a baseball in his yard you aint getting it back. That old guy.

Here is what happened.

"Hey kid, get out of my yard, you are killing the flowers and killing the grass"

"Fuck you old man, why dont you make me"

"Im calling the cops"

"Oh that worked real good for you last time"

"Your parents need to whip your ass and teach you some fucking manners"

"Why dont you try it old man"

"Im going inside to call the cops"

"Oh okay, Im soo scared"

Kid walks off, smokes some weed, laughs about old man and says to friend, "Hey lets go fuck with that old man, maybe he will get worked up enough to have a heart attack. Huh huh uhhuuh "

Kid walks through bushes into old mans yard.

"Hey old man, I pissed on your petunias....ha ha ha"

"Fuck you punk ass bitch....."

BAM

"I told you to stay off my fucking grass"

BAM

"Your moms smells like a wrecked shrimp boat"

BAM

"Why arent you laughing now, dickhead?

BAM

"I need some herbal tea."

And I think people get killed over 'grass' all the time. Maybe a different kind of grass.

15. Totalrecall1982

Totalrecall1982 New Member

Can you repost the link, I don't know what your talking about

16. smurfslappa

smurfslappa New Member

Bitch it's at the top of the page, and it still works too ho so you're just dumb.

17. smiles

smiles New Member

i see someone's been licking the funky stamps again

18. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I see you see it the way I do Phat I could not have explained the typical scenario better.

The vote was one thing the question was to hopefully enlighten a perspective from a different point of view. What are broken down here are family and moral values. The answer is that the man had no other feasible recourse. Either goes through his final years in life in a country whose freedoms and rights he helped defend at risk of his own life, as a victim. Or defend himself the only way he could after other options were exhausted.

In this scenario society will generally look at the kid as the victim. The old man as a cantankerous old fart with way to much of a chip on his shoulder.

In the "projects scenario" I would be looked at as, an asshole who had no business being where I was and looking for trouble. Finally getting what I deserved. The "Pimp Daddy" would be looked at as, simply a person who “rightfully” choose an "alternative" lifestyle and basically a victim who should be dealt with a great deal of leniency.

The point is that society has been brainwashed to be accommodating to one group while dealing with the other from a perspective of extreme prejudice.

As for me, I have no children to take care of. I have wife that is fully taken care of in the event of my demise, and would make it if I spent the rest of my life in jail. From sixty years old plus of course especially true after say seventy-five. Any snot nosed punk ass kids would be well advised to treat this old man with respect. Of course that’s still a long ways away but it is something to ponder.

19. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

20. phatboy

phatboy New Member

The negligent parent is too blame. Of course they will blame their bad parenting on 'the woes of having to work'. The simple fact is that they spend all their time worrying about their wants and needs that they neglect the kid. Too many parents today completely over look the fact that they are responsible for their childrens growth, especially emotionally.

Kids dont care. All the liberals out west will say it is TV and video games that decenitize (Fuck I cant spell) the kids, but the fact is the parents dont care what the kids are doing as long as it isnt bothering them.

I see it all to often.

I work 9-10 hours a day. I am on my companies emergency response team, I am in school, I coach my sons t-ball team and I still find time to help my kids with their homework, play in the yard and go camping with them.

I can rest when Im dead.

My kids say ma'am and sir, they dont pitch fits when they get their way, and if they only talk back occasionally. Everyone has a bad day every now and then. That kid caught that old man on a bad day.