10 of 11 Poorest States Are Red States!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kathaksung, Oct 28, 2010.

1. kathaksung

kathaksung New Member

10 of 11 Poorest States Are Red States!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/29/11-poorest-states-in-the-_n_742967.html#s146769

But why is it like that when GOP says their economic policy is much better?

That's because smart people (people with education) live in blue states. Business, though pro-GOP, intend to hire smart people. So big firm used to locate in blue states. Smart people vote with thier own brain, are more independent. Dumb people believe propaganda. GOP candidates used to be rich people and have more financial support, can spend more in advertisement.

Are Blue States Smarter than Red States?

by Maureen Farrell

http://www.buzzflash.com/farrell/04/08/far04027.html

2. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I don't know about the states that are 'in the red' (that is, doing poorly, NOT those whom typically vote Conservatively,) but in the great state of Texas, we're doing rather well these days. With job growth well above the national average and an unemployment rate that is far lower than the norm, it'd say your logic is flawed.

3. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Yeah Lomo look at the source kathaksung a foreigner who supposedly hates America though moves here and bitches incessantly about this country blaming it for everything bad that's ever happened. So obviously he is a Democrat.

The states in the worst shape are blue states.

California and Illinois are probably at the top of the list.

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Just look at the contradictions and sentence structures:

Care to provide some links or facts supporting whatever the hell it is you're trying to say?

Without even questioning the "used to be rich" part of this, how exactly does your intended statement that (apparently) should have stated that GOP candidates spend more on advertisements fare against the spending campaigns of the last presidential election?

Hmmm... Let's just take a look...

Code:
    Candidate (Party) 	Amount raised 	Amount spent 	Votes 	Average spent per vote
    Barack Obama (D) 	$532,946,511 	$513,557,218 	69,498,215 	$7.39
    John McCain (R) 	$379,006,485 	$346,666,422 	59,948,240 	$5.78
    :rolleyes:

5. Aballister

Aballister New Member

There has been a rising trend in campaign spending since the first half of the last century. G. W. Bush spent more than Clinton ever did and Obama pushed the bar up to new heights. Wouldn't surprise me if those records are easily broken during the next presidential election.

On a side note, I am so glad that Christine O'Donnell lost the fucking midterm election. She is one fucking crazy broad.

6. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Is Illinois a red state? California? ...

The states in the worst budget crisis are blue states!

By a large margin. :rolleyes:

7. Aballister

Aballister New Member

I thought California's governor was Arnie; and isn't he a republican?

8. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Ok he is married to a Kennedy how much more liberal can you get? Boxer so n against Fiona think about it. California's budget woes are a result of grey and Obama. Should I draw you a map?

9. Aballister

Aballister New Member

Doesn't matter, he's still a fucking republican. The policies enacted by a republican governor have bankrupted California. Who cares who he sleeps with? It's his name on the budgets and on the bills. Not to mention that California was headed into deficit long before Obama took power.

That's why I have a hard time taking anything you say seriously. You never admit to any mistake, either from yourself or from the republican party. Schwarzenegger fucked up, end of story.

Who would've have guessed that an Austrian-born muscle-head who sticks his dick in a Kennedy could fuck up? Hahaha!

At the end of the day, it's dumbass republicans who voted him in. Want me to draw you a map? ;)

10. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

First off: Ol' Arnie has been leaning farther and farther to the left since he took office.

Since you said it yourself, "California was headed into deficit long before Obama took power," your next statement about Arnold fucking up seems a moot point. California has long been a Liberal state, despite whose party affiliation the Governor was associated with. Hell, if memory serves, weren't other actors in the running back when he was elected, like Gary Coleman?

Part of California's problems today stem from the N.I.M.B.Y. standpoint of it's residents. Regardless of party affiliation, it was decided that despite the rising energy requirements of the growing state, most people voted against nuclear power plants in their state 40-ish years ago. Remember the 'rolling brownouts?' For the past decade or so, California has had to buy electricity to sustain it's power grid from neighboring states that had the foresight to construct efficient power plants to sustain them for the coming decades (and then some, obviously, if they've got enough left over to light up California, too!) The "Not In My Back Yard" approach to dealing with infrastructure in this case has led to significant financial problems for the state.

So, did Schwarzenegger fuck up? Perhaps. But I'd say most of his problem was showing more of his balls in magazines early in his career than he did as 'the Governator.' :rolleyes:

11. Aballister

Aballister New Member

Aw come on! How am I supposed to get under Joe's skin if you open an intelligent discourse on the matter?

But to defend one of my points:

I said that California was headed into deficit before Obama took office, it is true and we both agree on that. But consider that the state began running a deficit when a republican was president and with a republican governor, this doesn't moot my argument, it reinforces it. I mostly was responding to Joe's idiocratic point that Obama broke California anyway.

12. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Hey dumbass look California has been solid Democrat since 92

Here is the map in 92.

California had EVERYTHING going for it. But care to guess when the state started having budget problems?

Let me introduce to you the second governor in US history to be recalled.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_Davis

You can thank Democrat Davis for most of California's problems

:)

13. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

It seems my state has been a blue state since 92. It seems to me we have an abundance of both parties in my state.

14. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Maryland isn't it?

15. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

Yep. Good ole MD.