09 Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'Cars' started by phatboy, Aug 24, 2008.

1. phatboy

phatboy New Member

This is my next purchase

I was going to get something economical, but I went and looked at a couple of these and I have changed my mind.

Im not getting the retarded 425HP version, Im waiting till 09s come out so I can get the 345hemi and the 6-speed

2. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Looks damn nice... :)

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

What's with the image of the couple laying in bed behind the car, though?

4. moremetal4mepls

moremetal4mepls New Member

Its actually a new game show. Who wants to screw a millionaire. The car is just part of the prize package.

5. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I got a really nice image off of google, but when I went to post it up it was fubar, so I went with this one, it doesnt do it any justice. If you have a local dodge dealer that has one, I would say go down and take a look. the two they have in augusta are in the 50k range and they wouldnt let me take if for a spin in the rain. Bastards.

This is a little better picture.

The 1970 Model

One more of the 08

And one 1970 RT

6. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Are you getting the man tits?

Seriously. I think saw one of those the other day. I couldn't figure out what it was. It was gorgeous. I was trying to get behind it to see what it was but traffic was too bad to get to it. I tried to describe it to people as being either a new car or an old car that had been modified as hell.

If they are on the road, that was the "mystery car" that I was salivating over.

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Yep. That's exactly what it was. I saw a picture of the back end to seal the deal. I remember it one one row of lights.

Thanks Phatboy. That was bugging me.

8. phatboy

phatboy New Member

No problemo, not getting the man tits, yet, I guess. :)

Im going to see what all colors they are going to offer on the 09, I like the silver and orange, but if they off it in Sublime Green or Plum Crazy I might get one of those.

Everyone sayst the new Camaro is going to be better, but from what Ive seen it is going to be smaller, like the mustang and have a wide set of hips. Plus I like MOPAR and the Hemi would give a nun a chubby.

:)

9. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

The one I saw was black and it was a really good looking car.

10. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Well this may be the quickest dream I have ever lost.

Went to the dodge website 'built' my car, I learned that if I get the one I want it is in excess of 35k. Not terrible, but still not great. They make an SE model, only comes with a V-6. The RT comes with the 370 (bumped it up) HP and is offered with 5-speed autostick and MDS (cuts of the cylinders at cruising speed) or 6-speed manual (+925) and then non-mds Hemi. So not only do you get worse mileage with the non-MDS hemi, you also have to pay more for the Manual? Oh well.

I will just wait and see how quick they move on the lot. If they hang out for a while Im sure I can get a deal on one. I was thinking the Hemi Orange with the RT stripes. I wanted the 6-speed but bump that.

11. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Yuck. I hate orange. I think I will go build one and see the price.

12. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

$28,185

I did the SE w/G package in black with sound system, GPS, and sunroof.

I wouldn't spend that much on a car. I'm cheap and I hate driving, but it is the best looking new car on the road, fo' sho!

13. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Why do the steering wheels look so ugly? I hate the steering wheel. I hated the Caliber because of the ugly ass interior. Dodge needs to learn to make a car look as good on the inside as they do on the outside.

14. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Yea, it looks like the same steering wheel that I had in my 05 Ram. I dont know, you'd think they would have taken some queues from Mercedes when they bought them.

I couldnt get the v-6 because of the HP. its a lot lower than the hemi (370) but the MPG isnt there. If I was going to take a 100 less HP it better get 10 more mpgs.

But same thing, I am not paying that much for a car.

15. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Go green its the responsible thing to do.

16. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I do like the green, they arent offering it yet and Id hate to paint a brand new car....

17. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Well I got the plan in place.

1) Sell my Acura

2) Buy my wife a 'new Beetle'

3) Trade-in the accord and get the Challenger

4) divorce wife and get younger slutty chick

5) sell Challenger to pay for divorce.

6) buy Acura back, get apartment

7) get crabs from younger slutty chick

Hows that sound?

18. poop

poop New Member

yeah, i could see how a dodge would attract a slut with crabs...

19. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Yea, your mom is still calling me wanting a ride in my truck.

20. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Aside from the crabs, this sounds like a plan... One question, are you distinguishing "Accord" and "Acura" from each other?