this one is for slut911

Discussion in 'Jokes, Funny Stories and other Text.' started by Darkgroovey, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Darkgroovey

Darkgroovey New Member

A guy was reading through the Arts & Entertainment section of the newspaper recently when he came across a review for a band that was playing at a local venue that evening. He was always into checking out new bands and found the reviewer's critique to be quite persuasive so the guy called up some friends to accompany him to the show.

They arrive at the show anticipating an evening of great indie-rock. The curtain rises and their excitement quickly turns to disappointment as the band begins its first song consisting entirely of what seems to be the tortured screams of a child falling from a great height, puncuated by the sound of bones crunching in a cacophonous splat. This gruesome sonic assault continues for another half-hour before the friends leave the music hall in disgust.

Outside the theatre, the guy apologizes for subjecting his friends to such awful music. "I'm so sorry! That's the last time I ever read that music critic. He must've been smoking crack when he saw them because he described their sound as Clapton-meets-Pavement!”

CHEERS!

2. k0zm1c

k0zm1c New Member

i'm trying to find it funny... maybe if i was a re-re i'd get it

3. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

it's funny... google for conor clapton... if you don't get it then you're going on the list

4. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

it's funny... google for conor clapton... if you still don't get it then you're going on the list

5. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

lol now thats funny

6. Tojo Burbage

Tojo Burbage New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ~pimpchichi~:
    it's funny... google for conor clapton... if you still don't get it then you're going on the list<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hee hee, the list is growing...as opposed to Conor Clapton.

7. unlimited-time

unlimited-time Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dubya:
    Hee hee, the list is growing...as opposed to Conor Clapton.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

8. Tojo Burbage

Tojo Burbage New Member

yeah, I apologise for that it was a bit below the belt...i'm not going to heaven now

9. unlimited-time

unlimited-time Active Member

I wouldn't worry, i doubt if you'd have got in anyway.