Spidey 2

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Schmed, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Schmed

Schmed New Member

2. dumptruck

dumptruck New Member

You got that right.

3. coulrophobe

coulrophobe New Member

when i first heard that doc oc was gonna be the bad guy (which was awhile ago), the first thing i did was got mad. movies have a wonderful ability of screwing up characters, and i figured that this one was doomed for sure. but, it seems like they did a pretty good job with him judging from the clip. especially his "attachments" which aren't as sissy lookin as they are in the comic. oh...and (enter required comment about kirsten dunst here)

4. Cough Syrup

Cough Syrup New Member

Yeah...I hate how the movie has to end with the bad guy dying.

5. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Spidey's gonna have his ass handed to him... I can't wait!

6. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

7. Cough Syrup

Cough Syrup New Member

Tom and Sam on their dream-come-true honeymoon

8. coulrophobe

coulrophobe New Member

tell me i'm not the only person disgusted by this. it seems that everything the straight man has, the fags want. it's just not right.

9. 1337

1337 New Member

2 questions

In the cartoon he made his own web things, and used capsules. in movie its part of his mutation. which is the right way?

also why is he cockblocking himself with MJ?

10. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Don't know about the cockblocking shit, but the web-shit is what you'd call "hollywoodization"... In the comic, he built little fucking machines to slap on his wrist to shoot the shit out. Guess that part would be too hard for an audience to believe, so Hollywood decided to have the shit shoot out of his wrist as a part of the mutation instead. Go fig.

11. Cough Syrup

Cough Syrup New Member

He is cockblocking with MJ because his hero status puts his loved ones at risk.

He's being a martyr and you are to love him for it.

12. Chlamydia

Chlamydia New Member

Homosexuals should always remember to have unprotected sex. In fact, so should heterosexuals and arachnosexuals.

13. coulrophobe

coulrophobe New Member

i was always a venom fan myself. symbiotic aliens are just sweet. carnage was along the same lines, but i never read too much about that dude. he seemed pretty tough though. i really didn't dig man-spider too much. a guy with 6 arms? i'd hate that. the most i could handle would be 4 arms. it seem like they'd all just get in the way with anymore than that.

14. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I honestly hoped they'd have used Venom for Spidey 2, then maybe Carnage for part 3... But noooooo... They choose Doc Oc... What's this world coming to, anyway?

I guess they're just waiting for CG animation to either get better or cheaper before they start introducing the symbionts...

BTW: Still have my original "Maximum Carnage" trilogy comics from back in the day when Carnage was first introduced...

He was the bomb-diggety, let me tell you...