The war...

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Lomotil, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ambitious Procrastinator:
    It was announced today that Canada is now prepared to help the U.S. in the war against terrorism. They have promised to commit 2 of their largest battleships, 6000 armed troops and 600 fighter jets. However, after the exchange rate, that comes down to a canoe, 2 Mounties and a flying squirrel."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

2. Ministersf

Ministersf New Member

Isn’t this an impressive little déjà vu? Once again a man named Bush sits at the head of the most powerful nation on Earth while the tall man of smoke tips his hat o’er the rooftops of Iraq. And just as before, this Texan Nero fiddles while the economy burns, the poly-fiber and titanium Deus ex Machina shapes the destinies of distant lands and the Chorus cries out “Folly! Folly!” Indeed, I think we’ve been here before.

What bothers me about this place is not the road, but the traveling companions. While I admit that the American education (edutainment?) system is lacking in fundementals and overly generous in the practicals, we are not a stupid people. We can see our own hypocrisy. What concerns me is the inability of others to see theirs.

The phrase “blood for oil” has become nearly as painful to my ears as the over extensive use of the term “coalition”. Let me first make it very clear that we are fully aware that the “Great Coalition of Nations” is comprised of the United States, Great Britain, who, I believe, actually sees their involvement in these international police actions as a duty (which is the only truly human way to see it), and Australia, who’s government frankly acknowledges that without the support of the American dollar they would revert to cannibalism and the bartering of livestock within a week. Just kidding. The real reason is that Australians want to be on hand to see Americans get shot.

Blood for Oil, however, is as a simplistic and uninformed view of American motives as is the view of “Fighting for Iraqi Liberty”. Before I continue in this vein, please let me first state for the record that:

Yes. We are attacking Iraq in order to create another hunk of oil-rich land in which we are welcome in the Middle East. Whoo hoo. You got us.

That is just a tiny portion of our reasoning. In addition to this:

• <LI> We are interested in shoring up the authority of the UN. If some goofus in a floppy hat can flaunt the will of the United Nations for a dozen years, what the hell does China have to fear about selling nuclear goop to the highest bidder?
      <LI> We are quietly aware that September 11, 2001 was very likely the fault of Saddam Hussein (seeing as how no links exist between the pilots and Osama Bin Laden but there are links between several of them and Iraqi intelligence agents). We would rather handle this on the flimsiest of pretenses than admit that we most likely destroyed Afghanistan accidentally.
      <LI> Nasty chemicals and our desire to not have them delivered via a madman dreaming of 70 virgins.
      <LI> We want to show the real threats (North Korea and Iran) that we don’t fuck around.

There you go. Now let’s look at some of the reasons that certain nations wanted to prevent war.

It’s obvious that the Mirage fighter-bomber, the near ubiquitous AK-47, and German cement defend the average dictatorship in the Middle East. It’s not even necessary to mention the machined aluminum missile tubes, HSLA plate steels, and highly refined jet fuels that flow from Europe into Eurasia in order to make a more than convincing case for the interest of the French, Germans, and Russians in maintaining the power of Third-World dictators. The French and Russian economies are all but built on it. Indeed, these are the people who most vehemently accuse us of inappropriate arms sales!

The real reason for opposition to the Americans, however, runs far deeper. These three nations want a political split from the United States as each of them foresees themselves as the benefactors in the effort to re-arm Europe after the Americans move away. Once we are gone, they will no longer have to go to Africa or the Far East to pitch their wares. They will be able to bully the all but third-world nations comprising the majority of the European Union into giving up their meager riches for half-hearted promises of a shared defense. It will be most convenient for them as they have been somewhat soft lately without anyone to colonize or “protect under mandate”.

Side note: All of the nations “under the thumb of Imperialistic American Capitalism” were put there by the centuries the Europeans spent subjugating, robbing, and slaughtering the intelligentsia of the rest of the world. The British Empire, French colonies in Northern Africa and Asia, the Belgian Congo, and Dutch South Africa just to name a few. Does anyone want to venture a guess as to why all of South America speaks Spanish? If the Germans hadn’t taxed European resources to their limits, forcing them to abandon their colonies, nothing would be different today. Blame us for picking up the pieces if you must. But they’re not our pieces.

Let’s also bring up the German desire to close American military bases on their soil (another reason this alliance wants to see a US-Euro split). For my friends in the UK, please accept this advice:

When the Germans are free from our watchful eyes, your watchful eyes should be on your back. Those people are not all smiles and sunshine. They are as self-serving as any American and every bit as crafty.

I’m getting tired so I’ll just stop here. I will leave, however, with a single parting thought. In every era of man, one nation has been responsible for policing the rest lest it fall into bedlam and feudal chaos. The British did it. The Spanish did it. The Papal Authority did it. The Byzantines, the Romans, the Greeks did it. At one point, some 4000-5000 years ago, it was even the Iraqis who did it. It’s just our turn. Don’t hate us for our mistakes. Don’t let our shortcomings lead you to think that we are stupid. Help us to see our wrongs and perform the task at hand until History takes the torch from us and passes it to another.

3. Ulfur Engil

Ulfur Engil New Member

Minister!!! Where the hell have you been?

4. Robman97

Robman97 Member

wow, that was the deepest comment I have every read on this forum. Man I totally agree with you. Some well thought out comments.

5. Ministersf

Ministersf New Member

Hiya UE. I split out for awhile to hang in Ze Vampire Lady's pagan forum. I wanted to talk about pagan stuff. Then I lost time to online video games, depression, and general drunken stupors. I've moved home to Detroit and I have a new job as an engineer for a Tier 2 so I think I'm all set to ride out the rest of the recession.

I've been confused and uncommitted on the subject of the war and decided that the best place to get a new viewpoint was over here. I thought that if I gave Nursey and Pimp a little poke they would respond with all kinds of things I'd never thought of. And maybe they'll post some pictures of their asses and stuff.

What's new? Lomo nail Nauseous yet?

6. Nicodemus

Nicodemus New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Minister Saint-Fond:

What's new? Lomo nail Nauseous yet?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

She's pregnant!!!

... but I don't think it's his

7. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Damn, Minister... 'snif... we missed yew...

Great post, btw... Oh, and Nauseous used a coathanger, so I'm in the clear now...

8. canine_STD

canine_STD New Member

Some very good points Minuster, would have to say, by and large that I agree with it. But this needs a little explaining.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Minister Saint-Fond:
    Side note: All of the nations “under the thumb of Imperialistic American Capitalism” were put there by the centuries the Europeans spent subjugating, robbing, and slaughtering the intelligentsia of the rest of the world. The British Empire, French colonies in Northern Africa and Asia, the Belgian Congo, and Dutch South Africa just to name a few. Does anyone want to venture a guess as to why all of South America speaks Spanish? If the Germans hadn’t taxed European resources to their limits, forcing them to abandon their colonies, nothing would be different today. Blame us for picking up the pieces if you must. But they’re not our pieces<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Care to mention Cuba? Liberated from the spanish, protected by the US in return for taxes, but denied any representation in government and refused independence to form their own government. Sounds familliar.

9. canine_STD

canine_STD New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PimpDaddy:
    the kurds were killed by a chemical agent the iranians were using.. not the iraqis..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then how do you explain the "Chemical Ali" interview that has been shown a lot recently? You know the one, where he denied that he killed 3000 kurds with mustard gas. By his estimation it was more like 1000.

No actualy, dont tell me, I suppose it was those hollywood actors again, the ones making a movie in central baghdad right now.

10. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by canine_STD:
    Care to mention Cuba? Liberated from the spanish, protected by the US in return for taxes, but denied any representation in government and refused independence to form their own government. Sounds familliar.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um... Cuba?

11. Robman97

Robman97 Member

Yeah, do you mean Puerto Rico?

12. NameYouWant

NameYouWant New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Highclass Whitetrash:
    my opinion is summarized by this guy:
    http://komo1000news.com/audio/kvi_aircheck_031003.mp3
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, my opinion as well can be summed up by that.

13. djdev

djdev New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>
    the kurds were killed by a chemical agent the iranians were using.. not the iraqis..
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    That is the by far the most idiotic thing i ever heard. I'm a kurd I should know. Take a lil time off your sorry, no good life and do a lil research before you say anything.

14. Icenhour

Icenhour New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NameYouWant:

I agree, my opinion as well can be summed up by that.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

was she playing ping pong for real? I love talk shows with live callers.

15. Doghead

Doghead New Member

"...It’s not even necessary to mention the machined aluminum missile tubes..."

But you did, and it's more than clear now to anyone who's been paying attention that the aluminum tube story was bullshit.
    And so, as Lomo does, I must dismiss everything else you said.
    But it was Very Interesting.

16. Ministersf

Ministersf New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Son of Spam:
    ...aluminum tube story was bullshit.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was it now? I'm almost curious as to souces on the ins and outs of the French econonmy. Perhaps someday we should compare our Nobel prizes in economics and discuss geopolitical power in more detail.

Oh, and for future reference... kissing Lomo's ass will not get you in the sack with him. Believe me, I've tried.

17. Nicodemus

Nicodemus New Member

Oh, and for future reference... kissing Lomo's ass will not get you in the sack with him. Believe me, I've tried.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, but it if you suck his dick, he might let you pass out on his patio. Food for thought, eh?

18. GreenAppleSplatters

GreenAppleSplatters New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ambitious Procrastinator:
    She's pregnant!!!

... but I don't think it's his
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A white trash hippy got pregnant?!!??! Sure caught me by suprise...

19. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

No, but it if you suck his dick, he might let you pass out on his patio. Food for thought, eh? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

She's onto something here... Stranger things have happened...

20. Triumph

Triumph New Member

No, but it if you suck his dick, he might let you pass out on his patio. Food for thought, eh? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can identify completely. Don't let them hang around any longer than absolutely necessary. After having the pink thing satisfied, the last thing you need to worry about is whether or not some brown-nosing bitch is housebroken.