I would have traded Eddie for Kurt...

Discussion in 'General Mayhem' started by Nauseous, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

... why couldn't Eddie have died instead of Kurt and Layne?

Fans Scram on Pearl Jam
    Apr 4, 9:35 AM EST

DENVER (AP) -- Dozens of fans walked out of a Pearl Jam concert after lead singer Eddie Vedder took a mask of President Bush and impaled it on a microphone stand.

Several concertgoers booed and shouted Tuesday night for Vedder to shut up as he told the crowd he was against the war and Bush. He impaled the mask during the encore of the band's opening show of a U.S. tour.

"It was like he decapitated someone in a primal ritual and stuck their head on a stick," fan Keith Zimmerman said.

Vedder used a Bush mask in Australia and Japan to perform the song "Bushleaguer," from the band's latest album, Riot Act. The song's lyrics say, "He's not a leader, he's a Texas leaguer."

During the show, Vedder said: "Just to clarify... we support the troops."

"We're just confused on how wanting to bring them back safely all of a sudden becomes non-support," he said. "We love them. They're not the ones who make the foreign policy .... Let's hope for the best and speak our opinions."

Pearl Jam manager Kelly Curtis could not immediately be reached for comment Thursday.

He's such a retard. He thinks he's so fucking political. I remember seeing him write, "Pro Choice" on his arm during MTV Unplugged years ago. If he wants the troops sent back safe, why doesn't he take his 'grungy', played-out, ugly ass over there and be a human shield. I've fucking had it with people in the entertainment industry shaming the war.

2. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Fuckin' A.

Let it be known... From this day forth, I shall never downl...err, buy, another Pearl Jam album.

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

You would have wasted your time on a dial-up downloading their shit anyway? Yikes!

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Nope... Never did. Never will. Just thought it'd be funny to post.

I do have a couple CDs, though. I used to like "Vs" a bit, haven't listened to it in years, though. Had a chance to buy their new one at a pawn shop yesterday for $2, but passed it up.

I have no fucking idea how their "Jeremy" video won vid of the year on MTV one time... I swear that fucking song sucks. Video blows, too.

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Well, thanks for getting it stuck in my head.

6. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

If you want something stuck in your head, I'll gladly oblige...

7. Doghead

Doghead New Member

Shaming the war?
    oboy...

8. Cigarettes

Cigarettes New Member

He's just a singer. And its funny how people make a big deal of it. Remember Shane O'Conner when she was on SNL.

9. Triumph

Triumph New Member

Pearl Jam SUCKS! Eddie Vedder doesn't have enough talent to fill a toilet bowl. Plus he's queer.

And Kurt Cobain... What can I say? That whore of his drove him to it. How many times do I have to say it, folks? Don't poop where you sleep (ehh... unless you're paying for it). Seriously, Courtney Love, just look at her. She's had more pricks in her than a prison bitch Chihuhaua. That's why she named her band "Hole," because it was her most prominent feature.

I kid, I kid. Courtney Love and Vedder are two of the greatest artists of our time.....
    for me to poop on!